It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am seven days away from getting my C-Setion and scared about CPS will take my baby. Sub dr approved of Sub as well as the OB, I see the Sub dr Monday to get a letter from him and a copy of the ok from the OB to take with me, but I really think my ob forgot I am on it only because he never metions it to me and now i wonder if i should even say anything to the hosptial since I already told him a long time ago. I am dosing at 2mg now and haven't taken it in two days and wonder if i should just wait till baby is born, dr said 3-4 days before stop, but with the post that was just posted below mine I am scared to dose at all right now, so very worried and scared, i don't want my baby to go through that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

CPS WILL NOT TAKE YOUR BABY! If you are on subs with a script from a dr (which you are) all they will do is ask you questions and possibly drug test you. Yes social services will be a pain in the butt during your hospital stay but they will NOT take your baby. Have you done any other drugs that you are afraid will show up in your system or the babies system? I even know a girl whose baby tested positive for pot cause she was smoking while preg and even then her baby was not taken away. Don't stop taking your subs, you could harm your baby. Just get the letter form your sub dr, and remind your OB of your sub and as soon as you get to the hosp for your c/s remind them of your sub. Trust me, and please don't be scared. Stay on your sub and stay calm, you will NOT have your baby taken away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

no i haven't taken any other drugs, i haven't taken pills, which my OB gave, in over 45days. So that means I have been clean for that long. I hear all these stories and it scares the living shit out of me and makes me just want to stop for the next seven days, sub dr said 3-4days and I was going to do five which was one day over but now, i haven't taken it for two days, so what do you do when you hear this you hear that, what is the truth. It is like you are torn, why not go through a little w/d now instead of my baby going though it, which I don't think she will because I am only taking 2mg if that.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:32 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

kris1234 wrote:
It is like you are torn, why not go through a little w/d now instead of my baby going though it, which I don't think she will because I am only taking 2mg if that.

Kris....you're pregnant....of you go through "a little w/d", your baby goes through w/d too...this is NOT good for the baby....which is why your Ob wants you on Subutex.

I know you are worried about the baby, so stay on your Subutex, stop being your own doctor and follow your Ob/sub doctors' orders, and tell the truth to the nurses and social workers (if they visit you) in the hospital....and stop worrying about things you can't control.

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I went ahead and dosed, I will stop Thurs and have five days clean, so i know you are right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just get so damn scared. You know I want to be healthy and her to be also. I mean I am dosing only 2-3mg so I don't think she should have a problem and I have only been on sub for a few weeks. I hear stories like the one and I get all worried. I am going to go without for five days, so tomorrow is my last dose. The dr said 3-4, but I am going to add one day, but then I will be being my own dr again. I just want this over so I can recover and get back on the sub and not worry about anyting. I plan to breastfeed, i hope it works out because it didn't with my son. I also finally found a sitter who i can trust, so things are falling into place. God is really taking care of me right now so He will make sure my daughter is born ok, i am doing what I can to protect my baby. Subutex has saved me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a post on Suboxone Talk Zone from a few weeks ago that I encourage you to check out-- it suggests that people 'lay off the guilt trip' for people taking buprenorphine who have babies. Understand that people have always been judgmental-- it is a basic human trait, unfortunately. They used to burn women at the stake for talking to themselves, and as recently as 60 years ago husbands could commit their wives for life for little reason at all. Now we have people who (like everyone) make their own mistakes with their children or have their own shortcomings as parents, who feel better if they can make someone else out as a villain. A woman 'drug addict' on buprenorphine is an easy target-- society loves to look down on drug addicts, after all.

As I wrote in my post on STZ, babies go through many, many uncomfortable things during the birth process. Many procedures are still done without any anesthetic (such as circumcisions), and in my 10 years as an anesthesiologist I never hear anyone express concern over the pain inflicted on a baby during a forceps delivery, when metal tongs are placed on the head and used to pull the baby through a small birth canal! The head is squeezed so tightly during birth that the shape of the skull changes; you can't tell me that it doesn't hurt! But God forbid the baby has some stomach cramping from buprenorphine withdrawal-- IF that even happens. Most of withdrawal consists of guilt, dread, fear, shame, etc-- and the baby is NOT going to have those feelings, as there is no ability to experience 'guilt' at that stage of development (and nothing for a baby to feel guilty over). I have had many women go through deliveries on bupe, and they usually tell me that their babies looked and acted exactly like the other babies. The only difference was that in THEIR cases, a crying baby meant that the mom was a bad person. In the other babies, a crying baby meant nothing about the mother.

I also talk about pregnancy and delivery in the e-book, by the way-- had to do a 'plug'...

Many of us were born to moms who smoked cigarettes, or to moms who drank a little booze... those are now seen as bad things to do (and I certainly agree that pregant moms shouldn't drink or smoke!!). But even in those cases, the vast majority of kids born to such moms turned out just fine. Being on bupe is nothing like inhaling carcinogens all day long!

If CPS DOES do anything like threatening to take your baby away, let me know-- I do courtwork from time to time and I would certainly do whatever I can to support you. You are taking steps to improve your life, and you deserve congratulations-- not shame.

Post subject: DR
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Wow, I feel so much better that you posted to my post :) I have been so worried about this that it causes me to lose sleep at night. I have gone so far as to stop for six days and it was the most horrible thing. I finally just said I need to listen to my sub dr. He is really a wonderful dr and is so great. He said I could stop 3-4 days before, so I decide to go with the four days instead of the five. I have my C-Section on May 11th at 8:00am, so I can take my last dose on Firday. I feel ok with this and know that I can do four days without, or I hope I can. I know my baby will be ok, you know I took this med called seroquel with my son, he sleep for three days of his life and on the four day cried all day long, didn't eat right, ect, he showed all the sysmtoms of w/d that I read about. Sometimes I wonder if he was w/d from that med that I took. It was horrible, but no one said anything and no even suggest it was that, but I really think it was. It is a bipolar med.

So I will dose tomorrow and Thurs and then I will stop. I will take the pain meds at the hospital and what ever they give me to take home, if they do. I will be sure to go back on the subutex as soon as possible. I think I will be on subutex for a while, strange, it helps the bipolar. I will keep every one informed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Be careful about lying to the doc aboout whether or not you take the subutex. They could drug test you and if it comes up positive, then you are much more likely to have problems because they will think you are just a lying addict. I am prescribed a low dose of klonopin which is a benzo, and I rarely take it. I took a klonopin about 5 days before delivery, just .5 mgs. and I tested positive for it. When the social worker came into my room and asked what meds I take I did not tell her about the klon because I hardly ever take it, and then she told me I tested positive and they got CPS involved. CPS came to the house yesterday and got everything worked out, but I still cant remove my baby bc the case is not yet closed. There were other things involved as well, for example, the baby tested positive for opiates because they gave him morphine before they gave him a chest tube, but then decided to blame it on me bc they have labeled me as a lying addict even though I tested negative for opiates. They realized their mistake finally, but we got no apologies, and like I said, CPS got involved bc of the circumstances. The social worker who came to my house from CPS told me the major issue was me not telling them about the klonopin.

Good luck to you, and I hope your experience is much better than mine is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I was honest with my OB, and told him what I was taking and what I had stop taking. I told him I stopped taking the subutex yesterday and that is not a lie. I am on Seorquel and Nuertion. The test at the hospital, or the one I am going to, doesn't test for subutex anyway. It will be out of my system by then. I only take 1-2mg anyway. If they ask me at the hospital what I take, I will tell them Serorquel and Nuertion and that is the truth, I won't be on the subutex then. Right????