It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: worried about cost
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am about to start treatment for being addicted to tramadol. I can take up to 50 pills a day and I am embarassed to admit this. But, I saw a doctor and he recommends suboxone and I'm wondering how much it's going to cost, He said something like $500 if my insurance doesn't cover it... Is that for each visit or for total treatment? I'm worried I won't be able to afford treatment. :cry:

Post subject: Tramadol, cost
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cost is one thing, but tramadol is a dangerous drug. It is well known for causing seizures-- grand mal seizures-- and they can come on without any warning while you are driving down the highway! Don't let embarrassment or cost savings kill you!

The cost for doctor visits will vary tremendously between different parts of the country. I charge $350 for the first visit, which takes several hours-- then about $150 every two months. The medication, depending on dose, costs $150-$300 per month, although it goes generic later this year. The doctor visits and the medication are usually covered by insurance; if you don't have insurance the meds are covered by Medicaid usually; there is also a patient assistance program, although each doc is limited in the number of patients they can have in the assistance program (only 1 or 2).

The cost of using is usually more, especially if you take into account the cost of the consequences of using-- losing your job, treating injuries or horrible things like hepatitis, seizures, overdose... But even without those things, you only get one life... and if you keep using, your one life will be totally miserable.

Take action. You won't be sorry.

Post subject: Re: worried about cost
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

nomoreaddict wrote:
I am about to start treatment for being addicted to tramadol. I can take up to 50 pills a day and I am embarassed to admit this. But, I saw a doctor and he recommends suboxone and I'm wondering how much it's going to cost, He said something like $500 if my insurance doesn't cover it... Is that for each visit or for total treatment? I'm worried I won't be able to afford treatment. :cry:

I started about 2 months ago,the first visit was $250 intial visit took about a 2 hours and got a 7 day supply was 21 subs @8 mgs 3 times a day cost me $119.Went back for a follow up visit,so we could talk about how I was feeling and getting ajusted to the program.After I received my script for 70 pills and it was $402 for the the same dose as above,that was for the next 3 weeks supply.I just went on the 29th and got a script for 84 Subs at 8mgs 3 times per day,it was $504 bucks.Well I am off and into the second month now,this is the best thing that had ever happened to me as I am able to do anything I want go with out being held down by the Devil the pills had on me.Yes its expensive but very much worth it in every aspect.I wish you the Best .
tj