It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm trying to figure out what should be my goal 'jump off' point, if that makes sense. Originally, I thought 1 mg or maybe .5 would be good enough. Once I got to those places, the true strength of Suboxone kinda blew me away and I realized I needed to go further. I'm now on my second day at .1875, after dropping from .25, and I absolutely feel it. It's not intolerable, but it is always a surprise because the pieces are so little. This sounds very low, and I know that. However, many things that Dr. Junig says turn out to be true in the end, including the strength of Sub, and the percentage (not the absolute amount) of the drop correlating with the amount of symptoms. So, I reread his explanation of tapering low before jumping. He talks about tapering to 50 micrograms and maybe lower. That's a long way away, lol. I don't want to have any significant w/d when I stop, because if I do, all these months of hard work at tapering kinda mean less. I don't want to be sick and I truly don't have time/space to either. I need to be able to sleep, so I'd rather taper lower and have an easier time of it. I just don't have a goal in mind and it's bugging me.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ladder,

I guess a good jump off point is kinda going to depend on how much longer you'll tolerate being on Suboxone. If you don't mind being on it for a while longer, then taper down to 50mcg.

I just threw some numbers together in an Excel spreadsheet. From your current dose of .1875, dropping 10% every week you would end up at 48mcg in 14 weeks. Those are weekly drops.

Obviously, if you take 2 weeks to stabilize at each dose, that would be 28 weeks to get to 48mcg.

Here are the numbers I had Excel spit out:

1-- 0.1875 current dose
2-- 0.1687 next dose
3-- 0.1518 etc
4-- 0.1366 etc
5-- 0.1230
6-- 0.1107
7-- 0.0996
8-- 0.0896
9-- 0.0807
10- 0.0726
11- 0.0653
12- 0.0588
13- 0.0529
14- 0.0476

I know you originally had planned to get off of Suboxone when the weather was warm, around here, you've only got about 8 weeks or so until it gets chilly, I'm not quite sure how much time before it gets chilly where you're at?

Looking at the numbers I just put up, you'd be around 90mcg at 8 weeks out, about half of the dose you're on now.....if you drop weekly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yikes, I have a ways to go, don't I?

Thanks for bustin' out Excel!

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I cant begin to tell you what dose is good for YOU to jump at BUT I WILL TELL YOU GIRL YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY BABY!!! Good for you Laddertipper............ your gonna get there sooner then you think!!!

hugs
Lisa