It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Won't be long now...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Couple of weeks, and we'll be heading to the hospital, 15 minutes away from home...

When we do go, it'll be just my wife and I, but when we come back home, we'll have a new, smaller version of ourselves that we bring back home with us..

I'm thinking ahead bigtime..wondering what I should do with my suboxone when I go...because chances are good that I'm not going to leave her side for ANYTHING unless she wants some food or something...so should I just take enough to do me those 3 days (4 days if C-section, and that's QUITE the possibility if this STUBBORN LITTLE GIRL doesn't turn head-down.)
She's still breach right now, my wife can feel the head in her rib cage..and she's hitting 35 weeks on Saturday. So it's becoming a real concern that we'll be in for an extra day and that she'll have a C-section.

I got all this stuff I'm thinking about, plus I'm worried..or in some sort of fear for my wife...I know it's probably misplaced...but I'm scared. The last baby she had, back in 2005..she had to be rushed to ICU and given blood because of some problems during delivery...
SO all those thoughts come rushing back, but those were circumstances back in 2005 that are different now. Back then, she had gotten pregnant RIGHT AWAY after having my first son in 2004. So, she had my 1st son Dec 7, 2004, she was pregnant again by March of 2005, and had another son on November 27, 2005...that didn't give her body time to heal from having the first one, and she had some excessive bleeding. But the fear is still there, all those "what-if's"...

And you see me as a happy person right now, because I love my life. I am VERY close to her, my wife is my rock. She's everything, my whole entire world. Sure, I love our kids ...but in a different way, of course. If something happened to her...I can't fathom it, but the thoughts still linger. I know it's probably just overthinking...but I can't help but be scared. The closest to death a woman comes in during childbirth...but she's had a good pregnancy..no complications...no problems with my daughter...so everything should be fine. The doctor isn't concerned and doesn't consider her high-risk..so I'm sure that I'm just worrying over nothing.

But I would like some input with the suboxone thing...if I just take a few strips to do me, then I don't have my script that shows my name on it...but if I take the entire box (because I put ALL 75 of my strips into the box with the label on it each month and throw the other box away), and someone comes into our room...wow, bankroll for them. Of course, I wouldn't leave them out in the open, but I'm just trying to figure how I should do things. I don't want the nurses to see my Suboxone wrapper in the garbage and call someone in to questions the legitimacy of my meds, or think when they see the suboxone wrapper that my wife is taking it...so I'm left with a couple of concerns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Congratulations on the baby girl!!! After 2 little boys, I'm sure you & your wife are excited. She will have you wrapped around her little finger in no time :)

Try not to stress out too much about the delivery. Although I understand your stress, try to focus on the excitement of bringing a beautiful little girl into the world. IF and that's a huge IF, anything does come up during the delivery deal with it then. Have a plan in place with your wife about what to do in case of an emergency during delivery & then try to let go of the worry. I'm sure everything will go as planned :)

As far as taking your sub with you, I would probably take the subs you currently have out of the box and put them in a ziplock bag in a safe place.Take the 4 ( or however many you do decide to take with you) in the box to take with you. That way if there are any questions you have the box with you and only the strips you'll need. No worrying about carrying around 75 strips and them being lost or stolen during the chaos that typically surrounds labor & delivery.

Good luck to you and the Mrs. In these next few weeks! I love hearing about how excited you are & about your love for your wife. After everything you have been through with her (via reading your posts) you both deserve all the happiness in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, one things for sure...there's no love like true love. And you'd really be shocked if you spent a day as a fly on the wall around our house. We don't put on a show in public and try to "act" like some couples do, then go home and fight like cats and dogs. I HONESTLY can't remember the last time we bickered about something.
I know it's a fact that two people can't live together without some sort of confrontation, but we really get along wonderfully. I mean, there's no behind the scenes arguing, no putting on a show for people..and I see those couples that do that and think to myself "gosh, I wish they had what we have" because you just KNOW they are miserable at home...but only try to make others think they have the relationship of all-time.

And the best words of wisdom I can offer after 14 years of marriage is COMPROMISE. I don't fault my wife for the things she lacks in. I love her the same whether she follows me around with a broom sweeping up stuff, or lets things go a few days without doing much..

And I still went and told her I was going to pick up something at UPS this morning, and made a side trip to Walmart and grabbed some roses and candy.. It may be corny..but hey, being corny works!

And she called me 3 times while I was gone, because she had to have my niece at the doctor office by 9am, and I didn't pull up the driveway until 8:49...so my trip was pushing it on her being late for a doc appointment for my niece. She thought I was just going to UPS and grab my package, which I did do...after i went by walmart.

I think her main gripe with me these days is I spend too much time layin in bed watchin TV..

I mean, I still do laundry and clean house...but before you know it, I'm laying in the bedroom watching TruTV or something by 4 or 5pm each day...and she's more of a night-owl. She knows the suboxone makes me a little sleepy in the evenings though...so it's not that big of a deal. Plus all the mess I've gone through with my teeth and infection the last couple of weeks, it's making me feel kinda sick.

(I actually just got done taking a razor blade and cutting an abscess that has come up in the last 2 days...to relieve the pressure. It's hard to cut your mouth open, but when you weigh hurting over a quick slice to feel better...I'd gladly take a quick slice with a razor.)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: A Baby!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 pm 

I am so very happy for you. When my son was born I felt like I was in heaven. And my wife too had delivery problems before. I know you're worried about it but think how she feels. Stay positive for her sake and I'm sure all will go okay and you both will bring home a healthy happy baby.

As far as the Sub goes, take whatever you need. Just don't put the empty package in the room trash. Walk to the cafeteria and drop it in one of those trash cans. That's kind of what I did my last year of work. I couldn't afford to have anyone know I'm on Sub so I dumped it far away from my office.

An early congratulations,

Rule