It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Without suboxone...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Without suboxone, what kind of recovery would you have?

Many people are tapering and jumping because they feel fine and went to a few meetings, but have no idea how they will feel off suboxone.

I just want to post this due to my experience and thousands of others...

I got off for almost a year. I don't take anything other than suboxone when on it. That's how this works best.. But... I started using other drugs and finally opiates again. I remember always telling people about how much better I would be (emotionally, mentally, and spiritually) if I would just go back to suboxone.

I didn't do any recovery work on myself at all, just took suboxone, and thought I was good to go after a couple years.

It's so important to remember to still work on yourself while on this stuff. That's what it's for. To get you better faster so you can focus on yourself.

So. I didn't want to die. I started back on suboxone and really started educating myself and working on my recovery full time.

That was the best decision I ever made.

If you want to do what I did, good luck with that, it sucks a lot. For a long time.

But if you want off and plan to stay clean and off suboxone, you gotta plan on being totally, full on, all the way, involved with a 12 step fellowship.
That's how that works. You don't just get better by taking suboxone and can just put all this behind you after a couple years.

Again. This is my experience and opinion. I just watch it happen to many addicts on here, in clinic, Ect. I have watched too many die because they felt like it was "bad" to take this medicine.

Get over it. Get better. Get happy.

Or don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 pm 
Banned member.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I totally agree with you on this one moviemaker.

You have to work on your recovery, and if you don't want to put in the work then you better just stay on suboxone until you are ready to put in the work.

You often hear people say, when asked about what they plan to do for their recovery after suboxone, "well its been years since I've been in active addiction I would have no idea where to buy pills nor do I have any cravings for them!". Well let me tell you all it takes is for an accident to happen and you end up in the er. If you're in the hospital screaming in pain are you going to turn down the dilaudid shot? Then after you leave you get a script and once you run out you would be very surprised how easy it is to find pills even though you've been off for years and don't know anybody who sells them. Or how are you going to deal with it when you run into that old friend and he places a couple oxys in your hand. Are you string enough to hand them back to him? Everybody talks about how they've made all these lifestyle changes and that's great that they did, but these are physical changes. What about the mental changes in thinking? These are the things that AA prepares you for, and if you think you're strong enough without suboxone and without AA then more power to you and I hope you survive. But for me I would rather be armed with every tool I have so when something happens like I mentioned above I will have an arsenal at my disposal ready to concur anything that comes my way.

And for the comment above me I would much rather be "addicted" to suboxone than be addicted to oxys. I almost killed myself on oxys. I can not go back. I can not afford another relapse. The next one is going to kill me. So if I have to be "addicted" to suboxone to ensure I will never go back then so be it. In my opinion no matter how hard it is to get off suboxone, or how many side affects it has, or how "the doctors are lying and scamming us" any way I look at it the ends justify the means.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:02 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Its about staying sober, getting clean,sub or no sub, as they say, is the easy part!!!
I dont have another run in me.. I just dont. This is life or death to me and i will use every too,book,meeting,advice,suggestion,W...
30 some years is enough..
I guess people will just have to choose there own path. Hope they make it.
For this addict is clean enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wanna know what's really addicting? Putting about a teaspoon of cinnamon into your coffee grinds before brewing. I'm addicted to this new method of brewing my coffee. Truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's people like you that twist and turn to make suboxone seem like the demon that it isn't.

I see too many get off BEFORE THEY ARE READY due to guys like you.

I'm not saying stay on forever and ever.

I am not justifying drug use at all. This is where your own mindset has ruined suboxone for you. It's a medicine that I take. Not a drug that I do.

But. Keep trolling. Keep picking apart things to cause a ruckus.

Whatever makes you feel better.

PS.
Good thing I'm an emotionless zombie or else that really would've got me down.

;-)

Post subject: Re: Without suboxone...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Movie maker - that's a good way of thinking. That suboxone is a med like anti depressants or whatever. Not a drug. It doesn't get me high n it's not meant to or it wouldn't be helping with addiction.

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm new to forums about these issues and thanks in advance for any suggestions I have never posted anything, don't even know if I'm in the right place. I guess I'm just looking for help and answers. About 4 yrs ago I started norcos for back problems and then my doctor put me on oxycodone (30). 120 a month never seemed enough, about 4 months ago I had enough of this roller coaster life. I located a doctor in my town who offered Suboxone, so I started and after induction I have been prescribed 8mg/ day. Sometimes I take a little less. So far my life is totally changed for the better. I feel like the person I was before opiates. I have been working out a lot, my weight has gone from 180 to 220. I attribute this partly to the Subs, but my muscle mass has definetly increased. I have noticed some side effects that I don't know how to explain. My ankles are somewhat swollen, and for sure this stuff causes constipation. I guess I just don't know where to go long term with Suboxone. My insurance covers my meds and doctor costs, so its not financial. I feel like I need to start a slow taper down and off. Im just worried about long term effects and how hard is it to quit this stuff. For example, what if I really do need pain meds? Supposedly they wouldn't work. Sorry to ramble, just have been doing a lot of thinking about this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

jguilf01 wrote:
I'm new to forums about these issues and thanks in advance for any suggestions I have never posted anything, don't even know if I'm in the right place. I guess I'm just looking for help and answers. About 4 yrs ago I started norcos for back problems and then my doctor put me on oxycodone (30). 120 a month never seemed enough, about 4 months ago I had enough of this roller coaster life. I located a doctor in my town who offered Suboxone, so I started and after induction I have been prescribed 8mg/ day. Sometimes I take a little less. So far my life is totally changed for the better. I feel like the person I was before opiates. I have been working out a lot, my weight has gone from 180 to 220. I attribute this partly to the Subs, but my muscle mass has definetly increased. I have noticed some side effects that I don't know how to explain. My ankles are somewhat swollen, and for sure this stuff causes constipation. I guess I just don't know where to go long term with Suboxone. My insurance covers my meds and doctor costs, so its not financial. I feel like I need to start a slow taper down and off. Im just worried about long term effects and how hard is it to quit this stuff. For example, what if I really do need pain meds? Supposedly they wouldn't work. Sorry to ramble, just have been doing a lot of thinking about this.

I suggest you copy this n put it into 'Introductions.' That way you'll receive comments n support. Hood luck.

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem