It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: WITHDRAWL WHILE ON SUB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can you suffer w/d's while taking sub? I have had a crazy few days suffering from an abnormal amount of anxiety during the day and now its keeping me up at night. I am taking 12 mg of suboxone daily and was just prescribed 20mg of propranolol twice a day for the anxiety. I also have been taking vitamin b, Korean ginseng, l-tyrosine, and GABA.
Last night I felt like I was going through w/d's, sweaty hands, racing mind, insomnia, weakness in the legs and dizzy. I honestly was scared I was having a heart attack but my pulse rate was slow and calm, I guess due to the propranolol. But non the less I felt like I did when I tried to cold turkey pain meds (oxy's).
I have gone thru my meds and vitamins and have come to the conclusion that maybe the ginseng is interacting with my body in a way I don't understand. It is a stimulant so maybe that spiked my anxiety. But the thing is I had my attack at 2 am and I hadn't taken the ginseng since around 8 am that morning. Can it stay in your system that long?
I also contacted my local pharmacist and explained what I was going through. He also said that the ginseng may be affecting me adversely and that the propranolol should be helping with the anxiety, not making it worse. And that you can suffer w/d's while on suboxone. Don't know how, thought sub was to help w/ wd's not cause them. Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions to help w/ my anxiety, I would greatly appreciate it. I am to be in a wedding on Saturday out of town for my brother in law, and I would hate to be the downer of the bunch during his time of happiness. So if there are any 2-3 day cures out there someone knows of PLEASE let me know!

thanks,
RMAD

Post subject: withdrawls
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi rmad9812". i was having w/d at 16 mg subs. and thank god today my doctor up't my subs to 20mgs. i want'ed a little more but 20mgs seems to be enough to keep the w/d"s at bay. so yes i believe you can have w/d's at a high'er dose of suboxone.
hope you can talk to your doc and fix this. i know how you are feeling". i felt the same way. "good luck" johnboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Johnboy,

So do you think I may need to up the dose? I am currently on 12 mg a day and have been on that much for 1 month. Everything seemed to be going great until Monday when I had a panic attack so severe I couldn't get into a car to get home from work. Last Friday I was prescribed propranolol 20 mg for the anxiety but it doesn't seem like its working. I mean my heart doesn't feel like its going to pound out of my chest like it used to, but I cant lay down w/o feeling like I am going to freak out. I am scared that there is something wrong with my heart rather than just anxiety. I have a wedding I need stand in 200 miles away from home on Saturday, and I am afraid if I don't start feeling better soon I will have to miss it. And that will cause a huge problem because it is my brother in laws wedding! My wife will kill me, then divorce me if I miss this wedding! I don't know what to do. I get so nervous to even step outside of the house let alone go to the hospital, which is 25 miles away from my house, and wait a whole day to be seen by a Dr. that will just give me another pill. I have been trying to find the thread about anxiety and how to control it here on this site, but it is so complicated to find anything on here. I feel fine when I walk around, but I am getting nervous that I will not make it thru the night w/o having another attack. I thought it was the ginseng I was taking, but I haven't taken any today and I feel the same way I did last night when I freaked out. Should I go to the hospital? Should I up my dose today to see where that leads me? Should I up my propranolol dose first? I hate that I have so many different medications in my system, but what can I do? (off the subject) After this wedding I am seriously going to hamper down and start exercising as long as I can, but every time I call my Sub Dr they say he is busy or not there and no one else can answer my questions. I am at a loss. I just may go for a walk around the neighborhood and see how I feel afterward! I just really want to take a nap but laying down just makes things worse.
To be honest, the past two nights it has been so bad I had to take .05 mg of xanax, half of a 1 mg tab, and about 30 minutes later I was asleep. My Dr.'s so do not want me to mix the two, but it has been the only thing that has helped get me through the nights. I have read all about the horror stories about mixing the two, but it was the ones who combined them in mass quantities to get high that have suffered the deaths and comas. I take a half of a 1 mg tab to help me sleep. Can that be so bad? And I am up front and honest with my Sub Dr, telling him everything I take. I hope this last stint of anxiety and me taking the xanax will not effect me getting my suboxone script. I just cant take the achiness, cold sweats, racing thoughts, chest pains anymore. Do you really think if I up my dose I will feel better? I'll call my Dr now and see if anyone can give me advise on this. But thank you so much for the advise Johnboy, wish me luck!

RMAD

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: anxiety
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rmad9812". ya be careful with the zanax? we all talk about it. it also sounds like anxiety your going through. i went through the anxiety and w/d together there both hard to pin point. have you tried vitamin b12 ? it helped my anxiety. i think i took around 50mg a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Once someone has been on suboxone for more than a few weeks (if not less) and hasn't lowered their dose at all, there's really no way that withdrawals can just suddenly happen. What you're describing could very well be panic/anxiety attacks.

Have you checked out the thread under Chronic Pain that deals with "self hypnosis/guided imagery/meditation"? Check it out if not. It's a terrific way to deal with anxiety. I used to be on a very high dose of xanax before I started sub and when I stopped was able to handle my anxiety with meditation and metoprolol (also a beta blocker). As you've learned, beta blockers address the physical symptoms (like heart rate) of anxiety, so it's hard to tell if it's anxiety/panic attacks or not. But that's what I think it is in your case. Again, I highly doubt it's withdrawals. Based on everything I know, it's just almost impossible.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know it cant be wd's hatmaker. But the other night it was crazy! I had taken my dose of propranolol for the day and my suboxone, and around 3 am I woke up to a severe case of panic like I was going thru wd's?! I cant explain it, but it was weird! And everyday since I have had some sort of attack. Today I am supposed to drive 180 miles to Northern New Mexico for a wedding on Saturday for my brother in law, but I cant seem to get the courage enough to go. My wife is going to kill me if I don't go, and my parents have offered to take me tomorrow, but I am the worst passenger there is and don't think I will manage a 3 hour ride in the back of a car. I have to be in control, I have to drive, and first thing this morning I took a .5 mg tab of xanax with my 20 mg propranolol and I am starting to feel fine. But I am sitting here at home, comfortable. Once I get on the road, who knows how I will feel. Cant just keep popping pills all the way, I have 2 kids to look after as well as my wife you know. All hell with it, I am just going to go today with my family and If I need to pull over and let the wife drive that's what I'll have to do. Maybe lay down in the back and try to fall asleep for awhile. The meds are kicking in and its only a 3 hour drive, once we are there there will be lots to do and plenty of people there to keep my mind off the anxiety. It's just getting there that's the problem.
Wish me luck. TTYG later! Have been off the Oxy's for over a month now and have had no cravings for them, now I know what you were saying hatmaker, about how my body will be changing and adapting to my new meds and what I am going to have to go through. This sucks right now and it couldn't have come at a worse time, but its life and we have to deal with it!

I'll report back in 4 days when I come back!

RMAD9812

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i very much agree with hatmaker too'. i did not mean to say your going through all w/d. but V/b12 sure did help me relax a little. sorry i mean mcgs of Vb/12 around 500 micrograms :oops: i was taking propranolol; and then the vb12 together helped me for the anxiety. anxiety sure does feel like w/d s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HI!

I am new on Subs but I want to add, be VERY careful what you take with Subs. I read on the paper and also researched some herbal antidepressant's can effect the suboxone, and lessen it. Not sure what exactly you are taking but I would check and double check if it could affect the Subs.