It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wondering if anyone knows how long withdrawl lasts after taking subox for 2 years. seems like with work and general life i just dont have time to feel like crap for weeks on end and still function and work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What is your dose? That plays a huge role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

usually 4-2 mg a day or every other day for past 8 months.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you are on 8mg per day?

I would suggest tapering, slowly. I have successfully tapered from 16mg daily to .5mg daily, I did it by taking 1mg per month off my dose.....it gets a little harder as the dose gets smaller, but I got all the way down .5mg before deciding that I was at risk for relapse and jumped back up to 4mg, where I am now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 am 
Hi Ryan. If I read you right....you're on 8mg/day of Suboxone, sometimes skipping a day between doses. If you stop cold-turkey at that dose, you are likely to start feeling pretty terrible at about day 3 or 4 after your last dose of Suboxone. You will probably continue to feel pretty crappy for as much as several weeks, followed by as much as several months of not feeling too bad but not up to par either. I have not been through this myself, so I can't telll you for sure. I suggest you read the stories on the forum about stopping Suboxone to find more information from others who have stopped.
The whole process can be made much gentler and smoother by tapering down to a very low dose (under 1mg/day) before stopping completely. You can find stories about that process here on the forum also.
Whatever you choose to do, I encourage you to think long and hard about it. There had to have been a reason you got on Sub in the first place. Have enough things in your life changed and is your recovery strong enough to try life without Sub? For me, staying on Sub is a better alternative than relapse. Be careful as you proceed. At least consider trying to taper your Sub dose to way less than it is now. That will give you an idea of how you might tolerate things.
Let us know how you're doing.