It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Please help me, I'm desperate dr help. I shad a short version if my story so u all can understand to better help me, I'm desperate for help.

I got clean over 3 years ago WHILE pregnant with my second child. I was put on subutex maintenece after completing detox. I was a hard core user for over 15 years. My baby along with hitting my own bottomd inspired me to get clean so i did. Thankfully she wasn't born addicted. I was an opiate , alcohol, as mostly a hardcore heroin addict. You name it I did it. I also had a disease I don want to share but I've been through infusions cancer patients go through. Like chemo. For 5 years I was in the hospitals off and on. More off than on- getting constant iv dilaudid for legit pain but it only worsened my dependance on drugs! The only I can describe heroin withdrawal like is like dilaudid withdrawal x10 and your hole body gets blood red and it burns and it's painful wen you're detoxing from so much heroin. I had a bad habit! But I kicked it. For now. One day at a time right. After having my baby I continued subxone maintenece with a dr. My doctor left the office and long story short I had to find a new doctor. So I pay 350 for the new doctor they were supposed to send in a prior auth for my meds and got lazy and didn't so I had to pay 967.00$This past month for my script .... That's with the doctors visit included. I shouldn't have had to pay that I am covered for my meds but the doctors office were careless about calling in the prior auth. So here's what happened. It took all my money. My extra money. So I told the dr office could I please get a weeks supple or couple days supply because I can't afford it for another few days when I get paid because I had to pay for all my meds cause they wouldn't call in the prior auth. And I called them almost every other day for a month asking for the prior auth they said they did it but they never really did. So the lady told me tough and I would have to come in when I get paid. And she said I'll have to pay an extra 50$ because I'm rescheduling and that's their policy. I said but I'm going to be sick she said well just stick it out, I'm sorry etc. Then before she hung up she said- oh btw your prior auth has been approved we get it back yesterday. I was like are u kidding me! I called 3 times again for a couple days begging I just let me pay 100$ Or something just for a few days script she said no. So I've been 5 days cold turkey without my meds and I have 2 kids under the age of 5 to take care of and I don't get paid until Friday the 31st of January. I can't do this. I've imagined snorting drugs, thought about needles in my arm, but I know I'd never do that but I'm scared I know I can't physicly do this. I've called other doctors and they are the same. Then there's one place who accepts my insurance (free visits) and they won't take me cause they only take people who call first or something. Somebody please tell me what to do. I can't stand this I can't even move cause I'm a puddle of sweat with chills and hot flashes like heroin hot flashes and stomach pain, vomitting, and jerking, I can't sleep and my kids need me. You cannot stop sub cold turkey . I was on 3 8mg strips a day then I downed it to 2 a day so that's what I quit cold turkey from. I feel like nobody in the medical field cares and like I'm one of the people who need help the most. I don't use any other meds and haven't slipped once. I also work a hardcore program but it's not helping the physical withdraws!!! I can't sleep can't even leave the house cause my body feels attacked by the weather outside . I can't even stand to take a shower and can barely type from wiping sweat off me. It's been like this for 5 days and it never let's up it just keeps getting worse and worse. I just need a 3 day supply! I don't understand why nobody can help me. The only things I've accomplished in 5 days is changing my kids diapers , feeding them, and bathing them and making sure they get what they need. I'm a single mom with no family or friends or help, and no resources. Just being honest. And I only take care of my kids cause I have to and want to and gotta make myself do it. So someone please give me some advice. Thank you and Gb

Last edited by KadyRx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

the only legitament thing you can do is find someone to take care of your kids and check into detox for the week(if they'll take you) other than that, you will have to deal with it unless you can find subs on the street(not recommended) but only other choice to not be sick....sorry to hear the position your in..good luck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you

Last edited by KadyRx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

KadyRx wrote:
Not helpful at all. But thanks for your effort.

Katy,

That's a bit harsh. What exactly did you expect us to tell you? I'm sorry that you are having this problem, I honestly am...but if your doctor won't help you and there is no others in the area who will I don't see how anyone here could tell you anything that could possibly be more helpful than what He-Reigns said above.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

not sure if you'll find this helpful or not, but I've readseveral times here that ER doctors are legally allowed to prescribe up to three days of Suboxone. I've also read that some ER docs don't know they're allowed to do this though. if I understood correctly, that's how much you needed right? perhaps another member can correct me if I'm wrong.
could you possibly go to the ER and tell the doctor there what's going on and that your are legally rx'd Suboxone and that your quite ill with withdrawal and
in need of buprenorphine?
other than the suggestions already given, which were sound advice, that's all i could think of. hope things work out for you and you feel better soon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks

Last edited by KadyRx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
not sure if you'll find this helpful or not, but I've readseveral times here that ER doctors are legally allowed to prescribe up to three days of Suboxone. I've also read that some ER docs don't know they're allowed to do this though. if I understood correctly, that's how much you needed right? perhaps another member can correct me if I'm wrong.
could you possibly go to the ER and tell the doctor there what's going on and that your are legally rx'd Suboxone and that your quite ill with withdrawal and
in need of buprenorphine?
other than the suggestions already given, which were sound advice, that's all i could think of. hope things work out for you and you feel better soon

I went to the e.r inbetween getting new doc and I even had an appointment card and script bottle and it begged them and they said they weren't legally allowed to do it cause it requires a special d.e.a and apologized to me. But I looked up what you said and you're right they can do this. Your advice is most helpful. If you could offer a way to achieve this at the e.r that'd be great. Don't understAnd what I did wrong and why they wouldn't do it I even had kids with me, and when they said no I couldn't help but cry but the doctor still didn't help. Or if someone else could share why they wouldn't do this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

how did he reigns throw up a road block for you? he gave you a couple of suggestions for dealing with your withdrawal, which is what you asked for, isn't it.
I realize having been in WD many times myself, that it's a miserable ordeal, especially when you have children to take care of, and our mood and patience can take a real hit, but try to keep in mind that people who reply to your post are sincerely trying to help you as best they can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
how did he reigns throw up a road block for you? he gave you a couple of suggestions for dealing with your withdrawal, which is what you asked for, isn't it.
I realize having been in WD many times myself, that it's a miserable ordeal, especially when you have children to take care of, and our mood and patience can take a real hit, but try to keep in mind that people who reply to your post are sincerely trying to help you as best they can.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Doctors only need the DEA waiver if they're prescribing Suboxone to treat addiction. Any doctor can prescribe Suboxone for pain (off label prescription) without the DEA waiver.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thx qhorsegal2 and lizzie.

what i was referring to when i said check into detox, was checking into the hospital's detox center, and ultimately obtaining the script that lizzie had mentioned

if this is another roadblock, i apologize...... 8)

anyway...the ER will be reluctant to write such a script because its actually not a medical emergency....yes it sucks and yes, TO US, its definately an emergency...but you can not die from opioid withdrawl.

but you can check into the hospital's detox and get treated...although i do not know the guidelines for accepting patients....since you are already day 5 or 6 of detox, they may not take you....but again i am unsure of this...

sorry if this wasnt helpful, but i hope it was

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I just came across your post and was wondering how u r doing. When I read it I totally felt your pain! I felt really bad for you.and when in that situations it feels like no one knows the horror. But trust me there is plenty of us. And I hope you got thru it without any relapse. I'm very curious about how ur doing now.No pressures to respond. I just wish I would of seen ur post at the time so I could of tried to help. Good luck from a fellow addict in recovery. + "it's not easy, but easier and more rewarding"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Couldnt you have just went to a methadone clinic for the short period of 3 days to prevent withdrawal and then go back on your dose of suboxone. To better help take care of your kids and make life bearable.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm curious to see how things worked out for this person?? I hate it when peeps get into a thread and I'm invested in the story and never hear back :( hope she is well!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Guys, this all happened nearly a year and a half ago. People come and go here all the time. It's not likely a poster from two winters ago will be back to answer posts from this week. I'm sure they have long moved on. It's a good idea to get in the habit of checking the date on the post.