It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Withdrawals back
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wrote in a week ago asking for help w my sub induction. From the first time I took it I was really dizzy n anxious for hours. I was only taking 2mg and although it took away the withdrawal symptoms it gave me even worse side effects. A couple of you said to cut back so I did but still felt dizzy n out of it for hours. So I reduced to a half then a quarter then to nothing in 3 days n felt great for 3 days. But the 4th day not so much n hardly slept last night with the restless leg and overall soreness. Why should I do ? Go back on sub which I hate, call the doc, or start taking Vic's n perks again?! I'm so frustrated n confused.

Post subject: Re: Withdrawals back
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am not familiar with dizziness as a side effect. This may sound stupid but are you staying hydrated? Those withdrawals you have to put yourself through before induction can take a toll.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since you're feeling so crappy on such a small dose, you might be one of those people sensitive to the naloxone. You could ask your doctor to switch you over to subutex, which is just bupe, no naloxone.

I can't remember what your previous habit was, but if its not the naloxone, maybe the sub is just stronger than what you were taking..? I'm not sure. People do complain of dizziness on sub but that usually when the dose is higher and too strong for them.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is interesting tiny dancer. I noticed I had a the same headache after 20 min of dosing on the 2 mg everytime. That never happened with the 8 mg strip - either taken whole or cut up into small bits. It seemed to be only with 2 mg strip. Is this a naxolene thing? Why would it cause a problem at .5 and not 2 ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Minnie- I don't know.. I would think that anyone sensitive to naloxone would have just as much trouble on any dose, especially a larger dose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the info. I can certain talk to my dr that is if he ever calls me back. It's funny cause at first he was very supportive, week1, but week 2 he's non existent. Even my arms n shoulders are sore. I've been staying hydrated n exercising which helps during the day but the nights are bad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dave,

The more I think about your situation the more I think you didn't give yourself time to adjust to the lower dose(s). Suboxone has a long half life, which means the original 2mg doses you were taking were still partly active in your system when you lowered your dose. It can take up to 3 days to acclimate to a dose change for this reason. My guess is that you still felt dizzy, etc, on your lowered dose because you were still feeling effects from the 2mgs.. You might want to try taking a smaller dose now, maybe .5 and see how you do.

You can go back to Percs, but you know how that goes. Your tolerance will just keep going up. With bupe, you don't need to raise your dose, most people end up lowering it.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will consider this approach. I really appreciate how you n others to take the time to help people you don't even know

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Dave,

I agree with Tiny's last response. It's not uncommon for people with a fairly low tolerance to opiates to have this type of reaction. I would definitely keep your dose low, but you might need to just ride it out for a week or so. It won't take too long for you to raise your tolerance enough to be able to handle the low dose of suboxone. The key is to get on one dose and stick with the same thing every day. You need to stableize and give your body a chance to get used to the new substance.

Good luck!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well thanks to the both of u, Q and tiny, I feel better today n actually slept last night! I only took .05 and felt better within no time at all. Per your advice I'll stick with this dose for the next week. Again I can't thank you both enough for your support and guidance. In fact I went to church this morning and thanked God for the both of you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awww, that's so sweet Dave!

I'm so happy to have been able to help you! I wish you the best of luck...keep us updated k?

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Minnie- I don't know.. I would think that anyone sensitive to naloxone would have just as much trouble on any dose, especially a larger dose.

Yeah same thing happened to me, no matter how low of a dose I still felt crappy around the clock and when I was switched to subutex it stopped completely and I am not able to take the proper dose without those side effects. I bet more people are suffering from this then we even think and just force themselves to deal with it and aren't even aware which is a shame. If you are a daily maintenance patient just like suboxone subutex is not able to be abused, sure someone can shoot it but they will not get high and people shoot suboxone anyway so that shouldnt matter. The people who are going to shoot pills are going to shoot them whether they have suboxone or subutex, they will find a way no matter what so a large portion of people who would other wise benefit from bupe treatment might drop out because of uncomfortable side effects just to save a few people from themselves when they will just shoot suboxone anyway? Not really fair IMO, Im lucky to have a dr who allowed subutex but Im worried who could retire (hes an older guy) before Im ready to taper off and what if whatever dr he would try to forward me to wouldn't allow me to stay on subutex? Its kind of scary but anyway I dont want to derail the thread just wanted to add my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:

I'm so happy to have been able to help you! I wish you the best of luck...keep us updated k?

Q

So wait, because my advice was bad, I get no love (prayers?) HMMMPH! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Minnie wrote:
qhorsegal2 wrote:

Q

So wait, because my advice was bad, I get no love (prayers?) HMMMPH! ;)

Bahahaha! Payback for calling me Whoregirl!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry Minnie...you're still totally awesome, with an E.