It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Withdrawal symptoms
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For those of you that have jumped, what were your withdrawal symptoms? Did you experience nausea? I've been on 1mg for 3 weeks and hoping to jump in the next 4 to 6 wks. Since my lose is lower, I have experienced less side effects, especially nausea, but I have lost too much weight. I need to get off sub soon. My family and friends are worried about me.

Thanks for your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My jump was short lived. ( one week). I am a long distance runner, I couldn't muster up the energy to walk, and still lost weight the week I jumped.
It was more like flu like symptoms, for me the worst part is nighttime. Do you mind me asking why you need to get off soon? Just want to make sure that you and your md make an I formed decision. I know family and friends mean well, but they are not the ones dedealing with the issues. My husband didn't want me on this drug from day one, but he is an engineer not a doctor!!!
If you are already underweight (like me) the jump might cause more weight loss. Good luck,

Post subject: Why I need to jump
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The entire time I've been on subutex I have been naused and have no appeite. I need to get off the drug to get my appetite back. Since I'm at 1 mg now, the nausea is better, but my appeitite has not improved. I only took opiates for 9 weeks and the most I took wasn 2 - 6 5mg pills per day. I really should not have been on subs, but I didn't know that then. Just trying to ween off as quickly as possible. I have a great deal of anxiety on subs. Hasn't been a good experience for me. Ready to jump and get my life back.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did a 30 day detox from subs starting at 8mg and every 4th day would decrease: 6mg, 4mg,2mg,1mg, .5mg,.25mg,.125 mg, then skipped 2 days each for the last 3 doses..... and jumped. I am on day 14 and doing great!!

I had no withdrawal symptoms until I was at 1mg. Do you have Clonodine? You just need a few, it is an old b/p med (so be careful of positional dizziness) I took 1/2 of a 0.1mg for anxiety, sweats, chills, cramps. It helped a ton. My appetite was only in the evening and for carbs. A few Trazedone 50mg will help for sleep, or low dose tylenol PM or low dose Melatonin.

To help with anxiety take it in the am. Subutex can really crank some people up Taper from 1mg, to .5, .25, then .125. You still may have some w/d symptoms, but very mild, some insomnia, sneezing, anxiety. Ypu were on opiates for such a short time and yes, they should have just had your taper directly off!!!

Ask your doc to help you with this. you will need 12 more low doses. Decide what you want for sleep. Ask for a couple of Valium for anxiety. I am not a doc, so take all this with the grain of salt.

Good Luck Hon, R

Post subject: No Withdrawls at 1mg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am currently at 1mg and experiencing no withdrawal. As a matter of fact, I feel better now than I have the whole time I've been on subs. I hope this means my withdrawal will be mild. I go to the sub doctor next week. Hope to taper off. My doctor has already told me he will give me support meds for withdrawal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

mine felt like flu symptoms

Post subject: Not too Fast
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:55 pm 

Robin,

It's hard to believe you were able to taper so quickly and not suffer more w/d symptoms. I got down to 1mg and had to go back up. And I went from 1.50 to 1mg. You went straight to 1 from 2mgs! Wow, I'm impressed.

But you may be the exception to the rule. For me, I have to do smaller drops or I get bad anxiety and depression. Right now I'm back at 1.5mgs and will go to 1.25 next week. I'm giving it at least one week between drops and some have said that is too fast. If I get a reaction, then my new plan will be to drop every two weeks instead. I see no reason to hurry but that is my personality.

Laddertipper did a great job of tapering very slowly and jumping at a low dose with minimal withdrawal symptoms. I will follow her lead. Hopefully she will post her schedule of tapering or I'll just go back and find all her posts and figure it out.

I've said it many times before, every person handles Suboxone a little different. Some have side effects and others none. Some have jumped at 2mgs with little discomfort and others jumped at .25 with great discomfort. Where we each fit into what category I guess we will find out eventually.

And I am so very thankful this site exists. It really is the only support I'm doing for the moment. I should be going to AA/NA meetings but am basically lazy. It's on me "to do" list. Once I jump, meetings will be a very important part of my recovery so I won't slip back to my old ways.

anxiousSN, a lot of withdrawal is in our minds. We make too much of it and when it finally comes we find out it really isn't as bad as our brain kept telling us.

Keep doing what you're doing. Get down to as low of dose as possible and your jump shouldn't be that bad. The lower the dose the better. I think Laddertipper just jumped at .125mgs. That is the number I'm shooting for.

Good Luck!

Post subject: taper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Rule, I would like to taper to .125, but I don't know if I can cut my pills that small. May be able to accomplish that by skipping days. Thanks for your encouragement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey anxiousSN,

You can easily get to .125mg of Suboxone by using the liquid taper method. You basically dissolve your pill into a syringe (without a needle!!) full of water, then you administer your dose by only squirting some of the liquid under your tongue.

Diary of a Quitter did it this way, here's a link to her thread:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey there,
I jumped off @ .125 on Aug 7th. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Once I got to 1mg I tapered off slowly.
Each time I would reduce by .25. It did seem like once I hit 1mg it did get easier. I would wait a few weeks to let my body adjust before my next reduction. The worst thing for me would be when I tried to rush it. I would end up having to go back up for a few days and start over. Take it slow and you will know when the time is right to jump. I didn't focus to much on the actual mg I was taking once I hit .25. I would just try and make the crumb a little smaller each time I dosed. I'm guessing it was half of .25. I skipped a day and then I knew it was time to jump. The key is to take it slow.

I had Clonodine and trazadone which I only took a few times. I think the first four days or so. I had some RLS,stomach issues and insomnia but nothing compared to regular opiod withdrawl. Not even close. I'm still having some minor rls and insomnia but that's to be expected.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mg113 wrote:
mine felt like flu symptoms

Yea same. With two big exceptions. -Anxiety and insomnia.
Just had the flu recently (or actual a stomach flu, wich i was told isnt really a flu but probally a food poisoning - but similar symptoms) and it was a weird experience. When i had 39.5 (celcius) fever, it was unpleasent, with chills and dizzyness but i was still able to rest. And when the fever went down to around a little above 38 i actually felt kinda stoned - tired in a comfortable floating way.

Otherwise the same as wd - diarhea and hurting joints. But anxiety, rls and insomnia defenately makes w/d worse in my experience allso because having a light fever actually in some weird way felt pleasent.

Post subject: Anxiety
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hate anxiety and nausea. I hope I don't experience them during withdrawal.

Post subject: liquid taper
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
Hey anxiousSN,

You can easily get to .125mg of Suboxone by using the liquid taper method. You basically dissolve your pill into a syringe (without a needle!!) full of water, then you administer your dose by only squirting some of the liquid under your tongue.

Diary of a Quitter did it this way, here's a link to her thread:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

Romeo, Diary did the liquid taper with the 8mg tablet. I have 2mg tablets. Can I do the liquid taper with it? How do I measure it?