A stack of Playboy magazines from the 1970's 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
My DVR and hours of reruns of Oprah 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 112
 Post subject: Withdrawal-Ease
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi All--

I see these ads on the forum for 'withdrawal-ease'-- let me say first that the ads on the forum are simply google adsense code, so I have no way to select the specific advertisers. They are picked according to the content of the site according to some Google algorithm... so I certainly cannot vouch for anything advertised here!

I would be interested in hearing the results that anyone has had using that or other products. I will toss out my own two cents worth: it is clear that a huge part of opiate withdrawal depends on the attitude, mood, and environment of the person going through the withdrawal. As I have written, I have had patients report minimal withdrawal going off buprenorphine, .and others who said the experience was horrible. A recent study unrelated to addiction looked at the experience of pain in women who were looking at pictures of their boyfriends, holding the hand of their boyfriends, or holding the hand of a stranger; the women holding their boyfriends' hands experienced much less pain for the same heat stimulus than did the other women (I suppose they stuck lit cigarettes into the subjects' arms, or something along that line!). The point of all of this would be that if a person buys a product and thinks it will work, it will probably help a little bit.

As for the ingredients listed at the web site of the product, none of them SHOULD do anything at all to reduce withdrawal. But if you are a person who loves taking herbal or homeopathic products, you might find them helpful-- just because of the placebo effect (which is fine-- if it works, why knock it?).

For all of the questions about 'how long will my withdrawal last', in my experiences with patients, the withdrawal peaks at about 5 days, and lasts several weeks. It lasts longer in people who seem to become more and more focused on it, and it seems to be shorter in people who have less time to think about it. Another way of phrasing that is that the people who get hit harder by everything when they get sick-- e.g. the people who REALLY get sick when they get the flu, or who miss a week of work from a head cold-- really struggle with withdrawal. The people who never miss a day of work for anything at all -- the ones who get a cold but don't complain about it, and just keep running around doing a million things-- seem to handle withdrawal better as well. Opiate withdrawal truly stinks, but it stinks worse, the more you focus on it.

A couple studies that looked at the benefit of 'rapid detox programs' found that the amount of suffering relieved by the 8 hours of sedation was minimal-- so save your 7 grand and go to Disney after the withdrawal is all done!

Anyway---- anyone try the 'withdrawal ease' product in the ads?

JJ

Post subject: Re: Withdrawal-Ease
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

suboxdoc wrote:
Hi All--

I see these ads on the forum for 'withdrawal-ease'-- let me say first that the ads on the forum are simply google adsense code, so I have no way to select the specific advertisers. They are picked according to the content of the site according to some Google algorithm... so I certainly cannot vouch for anything advertised here!

I would be interested in hearing the results that anyone has had using that or other products. I will toss out my own two cents worth: it is clear that a huge part of opiate withdrawal depends on the attitude, mood, and environment of the person going through the withdrawal. As I have written, I have had patients report minimal withdrawal going off buprenorphine, .and others who said the experience was horrible. A recent study unrelated to addiction looked at the experience of pain in women who were looking at pictures of their boyfriends, holding the hand of their boyfriends, or holding the hand of a stranger; the women holding their boyfriends' hands experienced much less pain for the same heat stimulus than did the other women (I suppose they stuck lit cigarettes into the subjects' arms, or something along that line!). The point of all of this would be that if a person buys a product and thinks it will work, it will probably help a little bit.

As for the ingredients listed at the web site of the product, none of them SHOULD do anything at all to reduce withdrawal. But if you are a person who loves taking herbal or homeopathic products, you might find them helpful-- just because of the placebo effect (which is fine-- if it works, why knock it?).

For all of the questions about 'how long will my withdrawal last', in my experiences with patients, the withdrawal peaks at about 5 days, and lasts several weeks. It lasts longer in people who seem to become more and more focused on it, and it seems to be shorter in people who have less time to think about it. Another way of phrasing that is that the people who get hit harder by everything when they get sick-- e.g. the people who REALLY get sick when they get the flu, or who miss a week of work from a head cold-- really struggle with withdrawal. The people who never miss a day of work for anything at all -- the ones who get a cold but don't complain about it, and just keep running around doing a million things-- seem to handle withdrawal better as well. Opiate withdrawal truly stinks, but it stinks worse, the more you focus on it.

A couple studies that looked at the benefit of 'rapid detox programs' found that the amount of suffering relieved by the 8 hours of sedation was minimal-- so save your 7 grand and go to Disney after the withdrawal is all done!

Anyway---- anyone try the 'withdrawal ease' product in the ads?

JJ

I think one more option could be included for possible maximum comfort and tolerability.

Slow drug free taper to minimal dose of .25 -.50 and then help with clonidine, diazapam..etc.. when you quit completly

Post subject: Withdrawal-Ease
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Withdrawal-Ease was my last ditch effort before Suboxone.

I found once the withdrawals really hit the daytime formula didn't help me in any noticable way and the nighttime formula definately did not help me sleep. I feel it was a ninety dollar rip off playing on someones desperation.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello.

I am a psychiatrist in Austin, TX and I treat a fair amount of chemical dependency. I have patients on Suboxone maintenance therapy and I have helped patients detox from opiates and from Suboxone.

For those on this forum still struggling with chemical dependency, good luck....you can do it! For those in recovery, keep it up...one day at a time!

I work with the Withdrawal-Ease (WE) manufacturer in a clinical support role and I also use WE in the treatment of my patients when indicated.

I am a firm believer in WE's effectiveness for its intended purpose.... to ease the physical and emotional symptoms of opiate withdrawal. It is not a panacea or cure all, but for most people it does what it says it will do.....ease the symptoms of withdrawal. Opiate dependence is a complex illness and different people need different treatment interventions to help fight their dependence. As a healthcare practitioner I want as many tools as possible to help my patients and WE is one of those tools. Suboxone is also a great medication in the right situation and at the right time. I have used WE successfully to help patients when it was time for them to stop Suboxone.

Below are some testimonials from WE consumers and you can go to the WE website to read more testimonials.

Take care,

Dr. Brian S. Earthman MD

“I would like to say Thank You for this wonderful product! I abused opiates on and off for about 2+ yrs. I went cold turkey a few times and wow, that was horrid. I ordered this product and after 3 days my life begin to get back on track in every aspect possible, love life, depression, anxiety…pretty much everything…This product didn’t cure all symptoms at once but made it easier to deal with them one hr at a time. I feel great today; just walked 3 miles and only have small aches that are equivalent to working out like I used to before opiates took my freedom…..People this is an awesome product but you really have to want to quit for your own well being.”
-Kevin R.

“I am a healthcare professional (39 years) and am very impressed with your product.
Your product has been an answer to prayer. I exercised very poor judgment in my own life,
but I’m making good progress in turning things around…again and for the last time.
I won’t hesitate to suggest your product to others.”

-William K., MD

Your product is amazing! It doesn’t take away the withdrawal symptoms completely but has made them more than tolerable.Thank you so much!!! I was very skeptical about paying $162.00 on a vitamin supplement. We have used cold and flu medicine and some vitamins to weaken the withdrawal symptoms in the past. Nothing has come even close to your product. You can expect many referrals from my wife and I. If you wish to have something from me to post on your testimonial page, please let me know and I would be happy to write something to post.

-David H.

“So, all in all, I think your product is incredible. I called the doctor who was prescribing [my] Suboxone and told her to check out your website. Hopefully she can recommend it to her patients that are trying to detox. I really can’t thank you enough for your emails and product.

It’s helped more than you can imagine!”
-Rebecca P.

“Today is day five and I have survived [withdrawal] because of
your Withdrawal-Ease and the fact that I really did feel your support…I couldn’t have done it without Withdrawal-Ease and your support.”

-Joanne M.