It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
From: lamoresal - Been on subutex for a while and i know you do not have to be in withdrawl to take first dose as soon as you feel even a little tired you can take intial subutex/suboxine there is no terrible thing that will happen or side effects or withdrawls like they tell you i know as i have done myself.They want you to feel lousy so you remember and hope it impacts your decision to use again which does not need to be i think once you are determined you are.

I revived this unsolicited PM yesterday from a new member. After some thought I decided to put it on the table for the entire forum. Personally I disagree, part of the reason for the withdrawal is to determine your Suboxone dosage, there may be other reasons but I seriously doubt its because "They want you to feel lousy so you remember".

The thing that bothers me most is the fact that a new member with no posts is PMing advice that is conflicting with manufactures directions and doctors advice. Fortunately for me, I know better but there are some that don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol if the person didn't experience precipitated withdrawal when they took Suboxone/Subutex before they were in withdrawal then their opiate tolerance had to be relatively low, lower than 30-40mgs of methadone. That's absolutely silly to think that you're supposed to be in withdrawal before starting Suboxone so that you "remember the pain" lol. I do have to say though that our culture's view of opiate addicts is to the point where people honestly believe doctors would intentionally force addicts to suffer withdrawals and apparently this individual is under that impression.... So I'm not trying to make fun of or belittle the author of the pm but it's very important to me at least that someone not attempt to pass off their personal beliefs as fact on a public forum. We always welcome personal opinions/experience/thoughts/stories but they cannot be made to seem fact. Thanks for bringing that to our attention Mitch we don't need anymore myths/misinformation floating around and to add my own opinion/exeperience the many many many times I suffered intense withdrawal was not enough to keep me from using again. My experience has been that I kept using regardless of the consequences. Nothing including time in jail and probabtion, losing all significant people in my life that I cared for, and intense physical/emotional/spiritual pain were not enough to make me think rationally about my drug use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

He is badly mistaken. I know from personal experince that taking suboxone before you are in withdrawl will send you into bad, bad, withdrawl. it is true that you do not have to be in strong "throwing up withdrawl" but you have to be in the early stages. precipatated withdrawls is no fun it is not worth the risk.

I think that person should not give such advise, unless he is truly knowlegable on the subject. "They want you to feel sick" lol.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think that it is good that we pointed out what this person had to say....I guess we could assume that he is sharing his own personal experience.......Remember we are all different. I think if he relayed this as his experience as opposed to us taking this as him speaking fact we could understand a little better. I do know of one person who used the morning of his appointment. His doctor did not do an induction in th office.....he just gave him a script and he filled it soon as he left the office. I followed the instructions I was in withdrawl for almost 48 hrs before being inducted. I think my firend and this one are a rairity.......