It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: withdrawal and exercise
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] [fade] im finding it pretty amazing how much exercise actually helps the feeling of fatigue and withdrawal in general. im on day 20 without any suboxone, jumping off of 2 mg a day, and tomorrow will be the beginning of week number 3, im hoping this is coming to a close cuz its been really rough. i think the worse part of the day is the mornings, for sum reason its when everything is most miserable,mayb from the horrible sleep ( tossing and turning), but i find once i make myself get up and work out i feel better for the rest of the day. Its pretty strange that the thing you least feel capable of doing or want to do, is what actually helps. i make myself weight lift and run everyday,i never understood what people meant when they spoke of runners high, but now that i have very low endorphin levels i completely get it now. so my advise to anyone strugling right now is to make yourself get up and work out, i find myself sitting and complaining to myself every morning how crappy i feel meanwhile i kno if i work out ill feel better. tell urself to just begin because once you do you wont want to stop, if you have to... get angry about your situation, and use it as fuel. plus after 2 or 3 weeks of it you will actually see results and thats a great boost during a horrible time. if your going to be going through hell might as well come out with a better body and stronger mind. this is what i find is helping me most, hope it helps someone else on the path to feel normal again.

"knowledge is nothing more then healed pain"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

joey120685 wrote:
[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] [fade] im finding it pretty amazing how much exercise actually helps the feeling of fatigue and withdrawal in general. im on day 20 without any suboxone, jumping off of 2 mg a day, and tomorrow will be the beginning of week number 3, im hoping this is coming to a close cuz its been really rough. i think the worse part of the day is the mornings, for sum reason its when everything is most miserable,mayb from the horrible sleep ( tossing and turning), but i find once i make myself get up and work out i feel better for the rest of the day. Its pretty strange that the thing you least feel capable of doing or want to do, is what actually helps. i make myself weight lift and run everyday,i never understood what people meant when they spoke of runners high, but now that i have very low endorphin levels i completely get it now. so my advise to anyone strugling right now is to make yourself get up and work out, i find myself sitting and complaining to myself every morning how crappy i feel meanwhile i kno if i work out ill feel better. tell urself to just begin because once you do you wont want to stop, if you have to... get angry about your situation, and use it as fuel. plus after 2 or 3 weeks of it you will actually see results and thats a great boost during a horrible time. if your going to be going through hell might as well come out with a better body and stronger mind. this is what i find is helping me most, hope it helps someone else on the path to feel normal again.

"knowledge is nothing more then healed pain"

How long were you on Soboxone ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

almost 2 years..i jumped off at 2 mg

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey nice post, working out and weightlifting is a big factor of what has helped me to stay clean, wow! it is a great feeling to exert all that energy and either gain some more and be completely pooped at the end of the night. The first 7 or so days coming off suboxone I couldn't really help it, I was so fatigued to the point where I would wake up, curse myself, and sit in a chair and stare at the wall for hours trying to gather to strength to do something. But after that initial period, when the motivation to just leave to house comes back, the opportunities on what to do are endless! But yes, working out and taking all the supplements I used to again and having a healthy body has helped tremendously. Right now I am on Day 37 of being off suboxone, was on for about 7 months, and I feel great. I have to look at my calendar to tell which day Im on, dont think about it anymore, and if I do I squash it out. I see the world differently, as well as the days. I am much more of an optimistic person than I used to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea i hear you man..i am on day 33 and im hoping to go bak to training boxing and jiu jitsu as soon as my sleep returns to normal...are you sleeping through the night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

really great to read these posts about exersize after getting off sub!It's true! IT REALLY HELPS! so anyone who doubts it should read on!!! I am a distance runner and my fear is that I will lose energy after I taper and not be able to run! I screwed myself when I was using and fooled myself into thinking it was the drugs that caused the energy. Now I know it was ME! I am using my inner strength and know that if I keep on plugginh along..I can do this. Thanks for sharing your posts!
BTW I ran 17 miles on Saturday!! I have reduced to 1mg starting this AM! Wish me luck!

Post subject: SELF MOTIVATION
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You are all correct light a fire under your ass, I know it hurts ( It is suppose to) I went back to work today on detox day 8. It was an advantage I gave myself by physical exercise. Don't be afraid to push yourself, ( within a safe environment of course) I get sleep at about 5-6 hours thanks to hard work and prescribed seroquel. No more exceptions if your going to quit do it like its life or death. I am glad to hear there are others that are taking the fight to detox. Don't just endure the detox process. Attack it with exercise and nutrition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Yes I agree to that the continous exercise makes you healthy and fit but as soon as you left it or gap for more days it starts hurting yours and making making you uncomfortable and your body becomes weak.

Post subject: Withdrawal and excercise
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi All,

While I'm still faily sub-naive, I can say aomething about excercise.

I discovered running, then some distance running, and later becoming
a marathon and ultra distance runner...it made all the difference in the
world....before my illness.

Because of my spinal disease and surgeries, I'm limited to running about
1.5 miles a day, which I do religiously. Normally, it was about 5-8 mi /day.

the endorphin response (skip the biochem) and physical befefits are extrodinary,
no matter where you start. I've worked as a running coach and seemed some
lives really turned around....

Runner