It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Once I was forced to taper down at 32mg/day in a month when it was used in an experiemental setting.Getting to 16mg/day was easy for me.Then 8mg every other day wasn't too bad,but I was only on full dose 4-8's for 6 months.

Now after 3-4 years at 36mg/day,I'm at 2 8's/day,one in the AM and the other in the PM.I've tried going down lower but after visit with Dr.,I'll stay at this dose for a month to let my body balance itself back-out.He hasn't heard of the liquid taper method,but it's what gave me hope.Going from 1mg to nothing was just too hard.Waves for 2 months and went back to methadone,which is just not for me.It does work for others.Everyone's different.

More of my ambitions are coming back and all is good.

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess I just don't understand why people think they can't break any smaller than 1mg or .5mg.. I had no trouble crushing my pill and taking crumbs.. I didn't need the liquid taper. Sept. 29 is my clean date.. it's an amazing feeling. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everyone's body chemistry and history is different.I just know when I ran out just after 6-9months and tapered down was no problem,but after 4-5 days w/o I had the whole wave system for 2 months and when you can't sleep,eat or sit still for less than 15-30seconds,then I went back to what I don't like.

Now they have the film and I guess the 2mg can be cut into very small squares,but a new form I'm kind of hesitant.What if I like it too much,I know the tablets don't give me euphoric feelings so I'll use the liquid taper method.

I'm glad you were able to get off of Suboxone on crumbs,but everyone is different.The liquid taper method will make be able to go as low as I want.I might have to stay on a very low-dose,1-2mg.That's up to my Dr.,I sometimes don't like his firmness,but he's the Dr. and he's gotten me healthy and I'm on my way back to work.

Suboxone and the fact that my DR. didn't give up on me after everyone else did,saved my life.Plus I'm a very strong believer in a spiritual sense.I couldn't have done this by myself.

I'm not here to start any kind of debates,but just sharing my experience and hope.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tired -

I just wanted to lend you my support. You are one of many people who are using or have successfully used the liquid taper method. Good luck with it and let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the support.I like that saying by Geogre Carlin.

[quote] I heard this many times and use it myself,my addict's name is Slick and he'll always be trying to get me on his playground.If I get anything by using Slick,Slick always wins.

[/quote] If you want to get out of the swamp,quit playing with the aligators.