It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just found a website specifically designed to address "Suboxone addiction". This is one of his criteria: "If they experience withdrawal symptoms from Suboxone, they have become addicted to Suboxone." I guess I'm also "addicted" to my antidepressant, too. And any of my other meds that have "symptoms" when I discontinue use. Hmph.

He seems to have the terms dependent and addicted confused. He brings up the tell-tale behavioral signs of addiction - the obsessive thoughts, illegal means to obtain it, using it to get high, etc,...but then calls that dependency!

His first paragraph ends like this: "Ironically, what was conceived as a solution, just evolved into Suboxone addiction."

http://www.thehillscenter.com/addiction/suboxone/

I'm all for identifying addiction to ANYTHING, if indeed that's what it is. But what he just described pretty much applies to everyone of us on maintenance. This is my treatment and I find his angle a bit offensive. I also don't like the fact that his website is spouting garbage about a life-saving medication.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: A Quack
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:04 pm 

Wow, this guy totally lost credibility with that dumb statement. I went and read the home page too and it looks like he is a Dr. Phil wantabe.

Go there and read it yourself and then send them an e-mail message stating just how ill-informed he really is. Even Clonidine says not to stop abruptly. Can they treat me for being addicted to Effexor? I go through withdrawals if I stop taking it so according to them I'm addicted!

People like that give Suboxone and all of us trying to recover a bad name.

Here is their e-mail addy:

info@thehillscenter.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's an interesting find. I read most of the page that this link takes you to, and got irritated at what was written, and even how it was written, so I just stopped reading. This doesn't seem to be written by a doctor, or anyone with a higher education for that matter.

I don't have patience for stupidity today.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At the end of the day no matter how wrong or misinformed he is wat he says is what people are going to listen too. who dont know better, all bc he has DR infront of his name why we are just drug addicts to da misinformed. And thats how it will always be no matter what we do to da general public we are just addicts to them so nobody will give us the time of day if we try to discredit a Dr. But dont let it get you mad that just silly, these type of people win when u get mad what do they win god only knows but thats how they view things.

But at the sametime i think we need to all need remember one thing, Dr are people too they are not perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

They allow pets- that's kinda cool..lol.. My dogs always detoxed with me- don't judge me, they helped :-)

Did you ever notice that all of the people in those recovery site ads are always so fricking happy? Yeah, just check in (with your dog, cause that's allowed here lol) and you'll be lying in the grass, smelling the flowers with a big smile on your face in the morning!!! On a serious note, joy has been the slowest emotion to come back for me.. I'm starting to see it again though, thank God

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

nogroovin wrote:
They allow pets- that's kinda cool..lol.. My dogs always detoxed with me- don't judge me, they helped :-)

Did you ever notice that all of the people in those recovery site ads are always so fricking happy? Yeah, just check in (with your dog, cause that's allowed here lol) and you'll be lying in the grass, smelling the flowers with a big smile on your face in the morning!!! On a serious note, joy has been the slowest emotion to come back for me.. I'm starting to see it again though, thank God

Well, the place I went to down in West Palm Beach, FL didn't allow pets, but damn... The back area was quite large, had beautifully manicured lawn, green grass, the works and yes, you were allowed to lay on it when you wanted. It was a first class operation as far as I was concerned, everything from the facility, staff was great, hell they would order like 90 pizza's on friday, and crab legs were on the menu once or twice a week. You get the idea :P It was also the place that introduced me to buprenorphine, got a nice 14 day detox on it. Some places you do actually end up laying in the grass and smelling the flowers, the smile part is up to you :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

These sites don't care about accuracy. They care about selling product. In this case the product is rehab. Expecting accuracy on a sites like these is like expecting an honest used car salesman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmker'. would you please train them . they no nothing? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That site reads like a cheezy STD pamphlet.

As more & more ppl are put on opiates & Bup - these charlatns will keep crawling out from under their slimy rocks.

INFO IS KEY!

THATS why I think this is a terrific site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A cheesy STD pamphlet....thats freaken hilarious!!!!! thanks for the laugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You people here are like lambs going to the slaughter. You are addicted to suboxone/subutex and YOU WILL SUFFER when the day comes to get off it. The mods here don't know shit about it and they admit it. But they continue to push this drug like it's the second coming...fucking shame and it makes me sick.

March on Sheep !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SubLuv -

Your post above is disrespectful and in violation of the forum rules. This is a formal warning. Continued violation of forum rules may result in you being banned from the forum.

And for what it's worth, I know plenty about Suboxone, including my personal experience of successfully completing treatment, tapering off and staying off of it and other opiates for the past three years.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SubLuv wrote:
You people here are like lambs going to the slaughter. You are addicted to suboxone/subutex and YOU WILL SUFFER when the day comes to get off it. The mods here don't know shit about it and they admit it. But they continue to push this drug like it's the second coming...fucking shame and it makes me sick.

March on Sheep !

I dont see anyone pushing drugs.....why are you here again???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think we are at a point where comments like the one by 'suvluv' are at less risk of killing people than they used to be. People know the truth--- that while everyone would prefer to avoid medication, for ANY reason, the unfortunate truth is that opioid dependence is a relapsing illness that usually requires long-term treatment. If 'subluv' can stay clean without medication, good for him/her! Although I would suggest that he/she... get a life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Who's paying you to give these positive opinions on Sub ?? Please don't tell me you're on here pushing Sub as a positive just because you actually care. If so, you would be the first doc to do so. Suboxone is a "short term" solution not the end-all. Let me guess, you working for reckitt these days doc ? I speak from my own experiences as well as countless others that are trying to get off sub. I succeeded 3 years ago and now I try to help others make a plan to get off it. The longer you are on it, the longer you will sufer when you taper and quit, much like methadone. IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So what's the solution 'SubLuv?' Go back to the tried and true method of simply stopping whatever ones DOC agonist is cold-turkey? Or the tried and true method of titrating off of the DOC agonist, because that works, right? Or how about the time machine method; going back pre-addict or pre-first opioid use? Or the 'manning up' method, that's a personal favorite that I've seen work well. Get a friggin life, dude! Like SubDoc said, it's a good thing that your comments are simply an annoyance rather than holding enough weight around here to sway people right back into a chronic, relapsing, potentially fatal disease.

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SubLuv wrote:
Who's paying you to give these positive opinions on Sub ?? Please don't tell me you're on here pushing Sub as a positive just because you actually care. If so, you would be the first doc to do so. Suboxone is a "short term" solution not the end-all. Let me guess, you working for reckitt these days doc ? I speak from my own experiences as well as countless others that are trying to get off sub. I succeeded 3 years ago and now I try to help others make a plan to get off it. The longer you are on it, the longer you will sufer when you taper and quit, much like methadone. IMO

Is that you winning/subsaves/want2endme?? Just kidding. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think anybody who takes ten minutes out of thier life to read Dr. Junig's blog
would CLEARLY see he doesnt work for RB.
I dont know exactly where Ive seen it, but I have read statements Dr j has written
about the 'fear factor' of RB 'pushing ' the films, ETC
If someone were 'working' for a company, and badmouthed them (basically) on their huge blog,
the 'relationship' wouldnt last very long, would it?????

he (dr. j) also says numerous things about RB, that I would think someone being paid by them wouldnt say, at all.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SubLuv,

I seriously question your motives for posting on this site. You say you're just trying to help people, but you come across as being so angry and everyone in the world (except the ANGRY one's, I guess) know it's much better to come across as calm and sane if you want someone to listen to what you have to say.

So, as long as you keep spewing hatred around, I don't think anyone is going to really listen to you. And, by now, everyone on this site knows how completely biased you are, so no one is going to listen to you anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[quote="SubLuv"]You people here are like lambs going to the slaughter. You are addicted to suboxone/subutex and YOU WILL SUFFER when the day comes to get off it. The mods here don't know shit about it and they admit it. But they continue to push this drug like it's the second coming...fucking shame and it makes me sick.

March on Sheep ![/quote

You totally miss the point of the whole purpose of Suboxone, and you do a grave disservice to those who seek the truth.