It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been thinking about something for a while now. When a baby is born with NAS, they are boring addicted to whatever drug the mother was doing. So if a mother is using heroin during her 9 months of pregnany, the baby is born addicted to the heroin or methadone i've heard methadone is even worse for babies. I remember by the time i was 9 months into my addiction I WAS FUCKED. So in essence the baby is born an addict before he/she has ever had a shot at life and yet the doctors ween the baby off without any say from the baby (of course the baby can't say anything, but all that crying and stuff means GIMME DRUGS) I don't know what i'm getting at but basically the baby doesn't have a choice IT HAS TO GO THRU THE DETOX AND WITHDRAWALS but we older folks get a choice such as to go on suboxone. The baby has to go thru the paws and all that crap, yet we older folks get to find an easier softer way such as suboxone. I dunno, i wish i was a baby and they could just detox me without me having any say in it, i don't know what i'm getting at, does anyone understand me? Or am i just talking nonsense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well you know I am 34weeks and the sub dr wanted me on subutex. I took it six days and stopped i am on day four without anything. I chose to stop so my baby doesn't have to go through that, if I go in early labor my baby will be fine. So far i have this:

Day four
Anxiety
RLS
can't eat
and sore

So that is what I feel so I would rather go through that now then have my baby feel like that. She is moving and fine and I just want to get off the shit for good, like i said i agree with you