It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: wish everyone the best
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just have joined and this is my first post. i have dropped in here and there for the last couple of years, but have not joined so its good to be here. in 2005 while setting roof trusses on a house the bracing broke and i fell about 20ft. breaking my back and dislocating my c5 and c6 vertb. while in my healing stage i developed a very strong addiction to percocets eventually moving the the oxy's and roxy's. every since i was 19 (currentley 30) i had used drugs for a social thing besides smoking pot which was something i done everyday. when i met my wife and we got serious i decided to stop all the drugs and i did, but then came my accident and i spent over 2 years lying and hiding my problem to the one person i could trust the most. eventually i came clean and told her not knowing what to expect. she stayed with me and has supported me ever since. i completed 7 months a methadone clinic then moved on to suboxone in dec. of 2007 and have currentley been on the subutex generic for about 8-9 months. the highest dose of methadone was 70 mgs , highest suboxone dose was 24 mgs, and currentley 8-10 mgs of subutex. my overall goal is to take this medication long term and use about 2-4 mgs a day. long post i know but wanted to give a little back ground and say i am here only to help and lift up those who need it with my past experiences and the words i write i hope i can help someone. :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi clean and a warm welcome to the forum! It's always nice to have a long-time lurker join us. I hope you find the same valuable support in your recovery here as I have. I've found this place to be full of intelligent, informed, and compassionate people - I'm sure you'll agree. Congrats on what sounds like your very stable recovery. Like you, I will also likely be on sub for the long haul. I've been on it now for about 19 months. It's terrific that your wife supports you and stood by you throughout everything. She must really love you! So do you still have pain from your accident? Does the sub help make it more manageable? I have chronic pain and I was surprised, but happy to learn that suboxone helped manage my pain - for the most part it makes it tolerable. Because since my addiction, there's no way I can ever go back to treating my chronic pain with full agonists ever again. So between the sub and a muscle relaxer, I do OK. I hope you do, too.

Again, welcome and we're glad you're here. I hope you stick around and post often. Oh, and we have live chat meetings twice a week (Mondays at 9pm and Thursdays at 2 pm eastern time) - we'd love for you to join us. Take care.

Hat

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.