It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Have you ever use baby monitor in pregnancy? Should it be beneficial for me ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure I quite understand what it is that you're asking Maria. What type of monitor are you talking about? How does your question relate to buprenorphine use during pregnancy?
I found using a baby monitor, very helpful after my babies were born. Not sure what use one would be during pregnancy though. Please give us some more information about what you are looking for, so we can better help you. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am a 3 months of pregnant women and I heard from somewhere that a fetal monitor (unborn baby heart monitor or baby activity analyzer) is best product that I can try to monitor my unborn baby. So, I wanted to know more about it from those people who have already used these type of healthcare products.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, I understand your question now Maria;:). Unfortunately, I've never had one made for home use while I was pregnant. I know that the monitors and ultrasound used by doctors can detect the baby's heart beat audibly at fairly early gestation, not sure if the ones for home use are as sensitive as the ones used by the dr, or how far along you'd need to be for it to pick up the baby's heart beat. I wish something like that had been available while I was pregnant. I'm sure it would have been very reassuring to be able to hear the baby's heart anytime, and I can see how out would be comforting to a woman who is considered a high risk pregnancy as it could potentially detect a problem/issue early. Hopefully someone who has used such a product will come along and be able to answer your question better. If think if you have access to a fetal monitor, it would provide you with peace of mind at the very least.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can get the AngelCare fetal doppler. They are pretty cheap and you can hear the baby's heart beat for peace of mind. However, these can sometimes cause unnecessary panic. It's all too common to put it on wrong, or to have the baby in a bad position, and causes worry when there wouldn't otherwise be any, you know? You need to take it with a grain of salt. The women that I know, use it more for fun, to hear the baby's heart beat outside of the doctor's office.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Admin, @tinydancer, yes.. I will try it soon! No, actually I do not know more about it, just learning from internet.