It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:49 pm 

If some of you are offended because the grieving mother thread was locked, I'm sorry, but it just got way out of hand.

This troll will be back trying to disguise himself as someone else so don't think this is the end of it. And of course we have other trolls to deal with so I'd like to give some guidelines for the future so feelings aren't hurt and we Mods feel like we have some sort of control here. If I offended anyone with my last post concerning the mother I apologize. That was not my intent. I was just getting pissed off because we Mods were being ignored begging for decency.

In the future let's handle this in a more civilized method so we don't mistakenly offend a new member thinking they were someone else. Here is my suggestion:

If you suspect a poster to be a troll please post your concerns via PM to a Moderator. Don't take a chance and post it in the thread. We Mods will gather everyone's evidence and if indeed we come to the conclusion that it is in fact a troll we will ban them immediately and post that in the thread so everyone can say their peace.

Some of you will want more involvement than that so in that case we could open up a closed chat session (only invited members) and we can all throw out the evidence for all to see. Wouldn't that be taking the high road? Once we all agree that we are being duped then we can take action.

That's about it. If any of you have better ideas on how to handle this in the future please post it. And I've never opened up a closed chat meeting but I'm fairly sure it can be done. If not we could just go into chat via PMing and it's doubtful the troll would go there on their own. (of course that a##hole could be reading this)

Thanks,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule said, "If any of you have better ideas on how to handle this in the future please post it." I say we form a possy and hunt them down and tar and feather them!! We can all chant TROLL, TROLL, TROLL as we're doing it too.....that would be so cool. :lol:

I'm obviously just kidding about ^^^^^

I like your idea Rule, I hope you're able to put it into action. I think a lot of us non mod members feel like we have no, or little, say or control in some situations and this would be one way to give us a little more say in what goes on. There are so many members here who really, really, really care about this forum and I think some of us would like to be more involved, without becoming a mod, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule and I have discussed this and we're in total agreement. He put it into words quite well and I can't add a thing. I just wanted you all to know where I stand on this.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

not to troll ya, but why post this moderator stuff in Freestyle, it says on the front page "unmoderated"

:P :roll:

Post subject: Good Point
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 pm 

Ha ha, that never occurred to me Ryan. The real reason I put it here was at the time a lot of emotions were high and I didn't want any stone throwing or negative posts to be in the general area.

And yes you are correct about Freestyle being a non-moderated section. We can still moderate here but only for posts that violate our basic rules of conduct or if we have a troll. Other than that we leave it alone.

I hope that answered your question. Doesn't really matter though, this topic has not been very active.

Rule