It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i know it will not show up as an opiate evan though it has some in it. if i did fail it would come up as buprenorphine. some one please help scared to go but have to get it done but i really need to. my dreams are in the army and must go but not ready to quit suboxone quite yet. does anybody know from experience. were on it when they went to meps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My husband joined 7 yrs ago, he went into the 101st airborne. However, the Army(meps) checks for everything. My husband had smoked mj about a month before he went to meps, he was pretty sure he would be clean, but as a precaution he drank one of those GNC cleaning things. They called him in to the recruiters office about 1 week later & showed him the test & he failed because they could prove he used the cleaning/cover-up stuff. He had to go thru hoops to get in, it took an additional 6 mos. Plus, once you go to boot camp, you WILL NOT have access to it there, I promise you. They take everything, with exception to the list of things you were told to bring(even some of it will be taken) After that is done & the give you orders, you will go to your assigned base, get to your unit & they will randomly drug test you. If you fail there, you will be put on quarters( not allowed to leave the barrack, even if you are married they will put you in a barrack then) they will take your pay for up to a few months, strip you of your rank in front of everyone( the call u out of formation & cut it off of your acu's) and they can give you an article 15, which could carry prison time & lastly a dishonorable discharge...but thats far after they have "smoked the shit out of you"(soldiers know what I mean) They will make you do an exercise called "picking cherries" for an hour if you are late...imagine if you fail an urinalysis. Don't risk it, if you want to join, get off the meds, go to meps, boot camp will suck...but my husband never looked or felt better after boot camp. I hope this helps.PS, my hubby never failed a "wiz quiz" again. The steps that they take if you fail come from seeing soldiers be "stripped" & it being told to everyone what they did. They also will hang a copy of your article 15 for all to see, as a warning to others.