It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I need to know if Suboxone will cause a drug screen to come up Positive ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Depending on how many panels the drug screening contains. Most arent going to find it. Do you take suboxone recreationaly, or through a program?? If you have a doc, it shouldnt be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It's for my Son , he/ We are looking for a doctor that will accept him ? Right now he gets it off the Street , Trying not to Do Herion ! He's been battling this since he was 15 and just turned 27 . It's ruined his life up to Now . He wants to get better ! His P.O. Does the Drug Screens on him and if he gets busted this time it could mean years in Prison ! I'm not sure if they test for Suboxone ?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm not sure how many panels your PO tests for. Most drug tests wont detect it. Never get discouraged. If your son can get into a program it will be life changing. Gl and i hope you can gather the resources to find him help

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm 

Hello matt69,
There is no telling just what they will test for.
Some po or court ordered programs do test for sub, some do not.
Im a firm believer that this medication can keep an opiate addict clean. It works.
The problem is many courts, judges, drug courts and many rehabs dont aloud this Type of treatment. Suboxone, aloug with other recovery help can lead to a etter life. Please dont give up looking for a dr.it may take time, but call as many as you can till you find one.Also, your son may have restrictions place on him that prevents him from sub therapy. I dont know his story.
I wish you and him much luck and a prayer too..
He can have a good life, its not ever to late..

Razor....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Mattsr69 wrote:
It's for my Son , he/ We are looking for a doctor that will accept him ? Right now he gets it off the Street , Trying not to Do Herion ! He's been battling this since he was 15 and just turned 27 . It's ruined his life up to Now . He wants to get better ! His P.O. Does the Drug Screens on him and if he gets busted this time it could mean years in Prison ! I'm not sure if they test for Suboxone ?

I'm so glad to hear that your son is ready to change his life and I'm equally glad to see his parent genuinely concerned and eager to support and help him. I'm 23 and I've been using opioids for about 4 years now and after having a $75K a year job and still being broke, I decided to get help about a month ago and got MY parents involved. I've been doing very well on Suboxone and can certainly vouch for its effectiveness; I haven't even thought about relapsing since being stable on it. Accepting it as a treatment option is the best decision either you or your son could have made in regards to his recovery! Congratulations on imminent progress!

In regards to the drug test, with the fallacious reputation that has been stirred up over the years about Suboxone, I wouldn't be surprised if some parole offices are now testing for it, even though 90% percent of the people using it illicitly are using it only because they genuinely want to get off of opioids and they either can't afford a doctor or don't want one to find out.

At the same time though, buprenorphine will NOT test positive for opiates on any basic urine drug test because it's chemical structure is too different. It requires one of the most comprehensive basic drug tests you can buy (a 12-panel) to test specifically for it and I doubt the government spends the extra money it to be honest with you! Plus, statistically, it's not a big problem of abuse and certainly not overdose so it's not something that would be worth testing for considering the extra government cost involved.

My best advice for you and your son right now to avoid any possible legal issues is to find a Suboxone doctor IMMEDIATELY even if it's just for one visit to get one month's worth of prescribed Suboxone. Once you've done that, any buprenorphine found in his urine if it is tested for will be explained by his prescription and the courts would only see that he is under a doctor's care for the purpose of recovery.

If you still want to know whether it's being tested for, ask your son if he's able to count the number of different categories of drugs on the testing strip, assuming his parole officer performs the test in front of him (which is fairly common). If there are 7 categories or less, I can guarantee you that it's not being tested for, unless he sees one testing strip that's individual and separated from the other categories. Then it may be a specific test for buprenorphine. The categories usually are indicated by three letters such as "OPI" for opiates, "AMP" for amphetamines, etc... The category for Suboxone will be "BUP" for buprenorphine. If your son has a decent, somewhat friendly relationship with his officer, then you could have your son tell him that he's looking into seeing a doctor for treatment that might prescribe Suboxone and he's wondering if that's included on the test and will be a problem. That might give you an answer as well!

I wish you and your son the best of luck and hope that some of this information was useful. Feel free to contact me if you need anything else!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just took a 12 panel with Sub and Xanax and its been a week with no word. I had letters from my Dr and they said don't submit anything until a positive result. My Dr says not many places test for Sub and it DOES NOT come up as an opiate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this is an old thread but I had a job offer in the medical field. I jumped on Sunday off Sub but last Wednesday (prior to jump) had to take a 12 panel as I already stated. I took 1mg of Xanax for 2 days prior (Mon, Tue) and I didn't even get a phone call. They said they would call within 72 hours if something came up and I had a letter from the Dr anyway which I never had to turn in. This is my last script for X as its for detox purposes..sleep etc...Yes, it called my name and I took it early. Im baffled they never called and I got my official acceptance letter today!! :lol: Im posting this for all the threads and posts and people who fret over drug tests....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 pm 

Congratulations, Melissa!

Amy