It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi am I 38 weeks pregnant and have been on suboxone my whole pregnancy. When i first found out i was on 2 8mg pills a day and now got myself down to 1mg sometimes .5mg a day. Everyday i feel really crappy cause i could use prob the whole 2 mg but i just refuse. I never told my obgyn cause i figured I would be off them before she came but cant seem to get myself past the .5mg or 1 mg a day. Everyday im on the internet doing research trying to cut down and see the affects but really havent found many answers. Its to the point im beating myself up everyday over it and very stressed out. It makes me feel like a week individual that i cant stop completely but the symptoms are to much for me to just quit. Im starting to feel like a bad mom cause i dont want my daughter to feel anything when she is born. So i am just wondering do you think my daughter will come out with withdrawal symptoms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, first you are not a bad mom. If you were you would not be so worried and beating yourself up. Second, sub is safe during pregnancy and most Drs actually recommend staying on it during pregnancy. There are many moms here that have had perfectly healthy babies on sub, I encourage you to read thru the pregnancy and suboxone forum as is there is a ton of info along with many successful birth stories.

We also have members who chose not to tell their OB about there sub use for fear of their baby being treated for withdrawl when it is not needed. Being a mom I do understand this decision because there have been mom's here who were treated unfairly and who feel their babies symptoms were misinterpreted due to the bias some have against sub. If you are not going to tell your ob you need to research NAS and understand all the symptoms of withdrawl in newborns. If you suspect your daughter is suffering withdrawl and needs treatment you need to be prepared to come clean and tell your pediatrician.

Most likely everything will turn out fine so try not to worry yourself sick. This is something you have no control over and the stress is not good for you or your baby. Congratulations on your coming baby girl!

Post subject: its going to be ok
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I understand your stress and worry as I was just there myself . My daughter is almost two weeks old and I was using sub my whole pregnancy. I was on quite a bit more than you but choose not to say anything to my obgyn either . I made sure I knew all the signs of nas and was ready to say something if I had to. Luckily she showed little to no signs of nas , maybe she sneezed a little more than usual, maybe not. I now wish I didn't worry as much my whole pregnancy now. I think as long as your staying hydrated , eating healthy, taking a vitamin ect your baby will be just fine..I'm hoping the best for you, but my personal opinion is on that small amount you should be fine just make sure your educated about nas so you can do your own assessment. Take a deep breath and know your a good mom, you care so much already and your trying to do the best for your daughter. Your going to do great!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My Pregnant bestfriend has found that sub seems to work best for her at doses below 4 mgs and down as low as 1 mg per day.