It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was arrested for pot 3 or 4 months ago, I was seeing a sub Dr but stopped after I got arrested and now in a Diversion program, haven't been to my counselor yet but was wondering if the Dr would turn me down if he found out I was arrested for that. I want to be honest with him about that but I'm scared he wont see me if I am. I stopped smoking pot, haven't smoked since I got out of jail. Anyone have any answeres?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 pm 
All docs are different my friend. My doctor for instance doesen't care if i piss hot for thc. But you got to be honest up front with them if you are still smoking. Which your not. So i don't think you have anything to worry about. I mean put it this way. Your paying those docs cash up to detox off opiods/herion. So if a possession of pot is all your worrying about. I think you will be FINE. Trust me, alot of docs just see $ signs when you walk in and want to be inducted on subs. And some will tell you after the first UA you can't have any pot show up. Don't let your charges get in the way of treatment though. Your good my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I ACTUALLY HAD WEED PLANTS, I WILL NOT HAVE ANY WEED IN MY SYSTEM, I QUIT WHEN I GOT IN TROUBLE. I WILL BE HONEST. I JUST DONT WANT HIM TO TURN ME DOWN FOR THAT.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I WAS GOING TO A SUB DR BUT STOPPED WHEN I GOT IN TROUBLE. I WAS GIVEN 3 A DAY AND HAD ENOUGH LEFT OVER TO KEEP TAKING 1 EVERY OTHER DAY AND JUST NEED THIS NEW DR TO GET OFF IT COMPLETLY. HOPE IT WORKS OUT.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:21 pm 

I think that most addiction doctors are aware that many addicts have had legal problems associated with their drug use. My doctor, for example, would never turn someone away because they have made mistakes while addicted. I imagine that some doctors could kick you out of your suboxone program if you engage in illegal activity after you've started the program. I would also think it's against hippa laws for your doctor to report you unless you are hurting someone else.

I wish you luck in your decision!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

well,,,

just so you know,,, about three weeks after I started my suboxone therapy, I was "indicted" by the grand jury,

THREE different times,,, all on drug stuff,,,, having to do with sending money for pills,, thru western union,
and stuff like that.

I was HONEST with my doctor, about everything, and he never even took a "second look" at me,
while it was spewing outta my mouth!!!

luckily,,,
I had JUST gotten a job, and I was "enrolled" into this suboxone program thru my doctor, with counseling, groups,
they offered parenting classes thru another program, any kind of help you needed pretty much

THAT out-patient /medication program AND the job,

SAVED MY BUTT royally, with all three indictments!!!!

since I had "done it on my own" they didn't want to "mess up" what I had going, is what the judge said.

I hope you can find a doctor that sees it as NOT a big deal, cuz I don't really think it is :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/