It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been heroin for the past couple of years I got clean for a year on my own and than I relapsed. I have now been back on heroin using daily for the past 6 months I have tried to stop and couldn't. I have an appointment setup for Monday to get started on Suboxone. I have read and know a little. But I would like to know the basic do's and don't any idea how long the induction process will take. What time should I have my last fix? TIA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:56 pm 

Hey Kristag4 :)

I assume ur going to be inducted in at ur sub Dr's office right? If so I can tell ya a little about how mine went to give ya a possible idea. Keep in mind a lot of doctors do things differently, so urs could be different than mine.

My Dr had me stop taking opiates about 32 hrs before the induction (some have different requirements on the amount of time for that). They rate ur withdrawal symptoms on what's called a COWS scale to make sure ur in adequate withdrawal to start so that u don't go into precipitated withdrawal. Once I was ready to start, they gave me 2mg every 30 min until I reached 8mg total. Then the next day I started taking 16mg (not sure why they only gave me half my dose the first day, maybe to make sure I didn't have a reaction or something). After about 4mg I started feeling much better. Make sure ur cravings are taken care of also with the dose ur Dr puts u on. It took me a good month of taking my medicine every day like I was supposed to, to get good and leveled out with feeling sleepy but trust me, it's such a blessing. You'll be so happy u did this.

Good luck and let us know how it went. Any more questions, just ask, this forum is full of support!!