It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My next appointment with my sub doctor is this week. Instead of taking the 16mg's a day that I am prescribed, I've been randomly skipping a half or a whole dose here and there to build up a backup supply to use in case of an emergency. I'm a real worry-wart and just want to be prepared. I feel better now that I have 13 8mg tablets saved up.

But now I have to provide a UA later this week. I've been taking the whole amount now for a few days and will continue to for the next couple of days until my appointment. Will they be able to tell that I've been skipping doses even if the last time I did was 5 days prior to the test? Thank you for any information you might have. - OM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:18 pm 

Hey Openminded, how ya doing? Let me say I enjoy reading your
posts. Keep up the good work in your recovery. ..

The short answer is no. The way you have been taking your sub should not have any effect with a standard UA test for Buprenorphine or norbupenorphine. You will be fine.

I know until I had a few saved up in my early days I always worried about something going wroug. That was a loug time ago.
So,may I say pee with ease my friend. Lol..

My 2 cents..Razor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Let me another person to give you the same information to further decrease any anxiety you may have.

As you presented in your post, your urine drug test will come back as your doc expects it to.

As you may already know, just make sure that absolutely no one else has access to your medicine.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Cool, thanks Razor and Bupatron. I feel much better now that I have an emergency supply. I'm going to put this backup supply in my safe deposit box at the bank. I have a 10 day supply of medicines, emergency cash and other items that will come in handy, so I'm all set. Now my only other issue will be having to pee on demand. I always tend to get nervous and sometimes have a case of Mr. Shy Pee Pee :lol: I'll just load up on water before I go (literally) and I should be good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

if it's a cup test they do in office, it just registers that there is bupe in your system.
they tests that get sent out will show the different levels of it in your system and the half-lifes. but as long as you are fairly close to your dose you should be ok.
i was prescribed 16mg at first and i was taking about 4mg when my therapists did a UA and sent it out to a lab. we went over the results together. she commented that my levels were low, but also remembered that I was just released from the hospital. the hospital wouldn't let me split doses and wanted me to take 8mg at a time! so i only took a few i had stashed in my purse while hospitalized.
the clinic i went to and the new dr i'm seeing just use the test cups in their office. it does not show any levels at all, just checks that its there. yeah, i just repeated myself! i know.
good job on the stockpile start! that's what you needs just to live a normal life and not be comtrolled by when you can get your script.