It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was supposed to start my suboxone therapy a week ago at a methadone clinic but didn't because I found a doc who does it in my area and wanted to start w her. I am now starting Thursday at 130. I am very emotional anyway because my husband is 9+ hours away working :( I miss him so much. We have three kids and I hope I will do okay. I'm just ready for this whole pill rollercoaster is over. Please pray or send good thought my way? Thanks <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Crystal, before I started Suboxone, I had the same EXTREME desire to get off of the pill rollercoaster. I'm telling you, the day I started Suboxone, BAM, the pill rollercoaster ride came to an end!!!

Suboxone enabled me, an addict with 25 years of active addiction under his belt, to clean up. To say I was blown away that I stopped using drugs is a massive understatement.

I hope you have the same good fortune with Suboxone that I did!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your reply and kind words. I appreciate them!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Crystal,

I remember all to well feeling that way a year ago. Suboxone treatment is a Godsend for getting you started down the right path to recovery. If you can just make it through the next few hours you will be feeling so much better by tomorrow night. Not long left to go now! You can do it, just think of how much better you will be for your little ones after you get stable. They deserve to have their Mommy back!

Good luck, feel free to PM me if you need to. I have 3 kids as well and know exactly what you are feeling right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 am 
The more work you put into withdrawing right now. and the worse you feel if you don't take anything 24-36 hours before sub. The BETTER you will feel. Of course you don't have to wait that long to start sub on certain opiates. But i recommend letting yourself withdraw pretty hard for a day or day and a half. Especially since your induction is very soon. Let the withdraw kind of etch that feeling in your mind to serve as a reminder of where not to end up anymore. Let me know what drug or drugs your withdraw from. And how your sub experience goes.

Sending positive thoughts your way. You do great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the encouragement! I am addicted to hydrocodone. I'm feeling pretty lousy right now but I know its for the best. The kids are at school and daycare. I will keep yall posted as the day moves on. Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with starting Suboxone. It is the best thing I have ever been on to help me stay away from drugs. (opiates). I am sure you will do great. There is a lot of great support on this website to help answer your questions and go thru the experience with others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

INDUCTION DAY!! Let us know how it goes.

BTW, how many Hydro's were you taking on a daily basis? I hope your doctor asks you this question too, but unfortunately, a lot of doctors don't ask or don't understand and end up prescribing too much Suboxone.

Taking more Suboxone than you need just drives your tolerance up even further and increasing your tolerance just makes it that much harder to get off of Suboxone, if you choose to do that one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm sitting here waiting for the session to begin. Feeling like shit and don't want to be in public! I have to rive back home and hour away to get my script filled :( so I still got a little bit before I get some relief. Thanks again for the support!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your almost done Crystal...just hang tight!

Romeo gave some great advice here. You definitely want to take the minimum amount possible to get yourself comfortable and stay at the lowest effective dose if you are planning on quitting the suboxone at some point. I hope your doctor covers all that with you. Its funny how all doctors seem to treat with this drug differently even though they have all been through the same training. Anyway...you will be better soon. All this will be worth it, I promise. Just start fresh today and really focus on sobriety. It is easy to take this medicine and feel good and forget that there is alot of work to do on yourself while you are maintaining on the drug. But first things first, get past the withdraw and get to feeling better. Take care of yourself and take it a little easy for the next few days while you let your body adjust to the "new normal". It is different when you get on a stable dose and get off that roller coaster of ups and downs you are used to. You will feel like a new woman tomorrow!

Praying for a speedy induction for you Crystal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What a day. I made it through my first visit with my new doc. She was so sweet and supportive. She wrote me the prescription and I had it filled. She gave me 8mg films twice a day. But said to take half and see how I felt. So that's what I did and I'm puking now! 4mg is still too much for me. So I'm going to do half of a half tomorrow. But I do feel much better as far as withdrawal goes. Thanks everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay for Crystal.....except for the puking, that sucks!! :)

Suboxone is a pretty strong med and if your hydro use wasn't sky high, then 2mg should work for you. But also remember it takes some people a few days to stabilize on Suboxone. You may have to monkey with your dose a bit until you stabilize?

I may catch hell for saying this, but if it were me, I'd tell my doctor I was taking 4mg if I was only taking 2mg.....that way you can stockpile some Suboxone. Know what I mean? :wink:

BTW, I am NOT a doctor, I'm just some Ding Dong on an internet forum. Technically, you should follow your doctors instructions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I second everything Romeo just said, including the part about him being a ding dong, but especially the part about dosing and stockpiling.

Hope you feel better soon, Crystal. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 am 
Romeo hit the nail right on the head. After 3 days or so. The worst of the hydro withdraw will be over. 16mg is very strong. Depending on how much hydrocodone you were using. 16mg's of sub may get you buzzed. It's a hefty dose. I know two herion users that can take 2mg and it completely takes away withdraw. Well nearly all of it. So consider using sub untill the hydrocodone withdraw is over and try to drop your dose to 2-4mg's. Then you will have keep your tolerance low. Unless you plan on being on subs for a long time. 16mg is ALOT! It's smart to listen to your doctor, yes. But keep in mind the advice your getting here is valuable as we have physically taken the drugs. To me advice from other addicts holds almost as much weight in the choices i've made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I totally agree with everything said above. Honestly, when I was inducted I would have loved it if my doctor had given me 16mg per day. But even at 8mg per day I felt totally fine. It's just for me (and for most of us addicts) the more I got the better I would have felt! But now looking back, as I am tapering down. I wish I had stayed as low as possible to take away withdrawal and no higher. It really will make a huge difference when you start to taper.

Just one question, how did your doctor say they would handle long term treatment? Will they be cutting you off at some pre-determined date or will they let you kind of decide when you are ready?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OJ 4 mg was still way too much! I was sick all night! I haven't even dosed again this morning. I still am feeling ok. I am at work and am scared to get sick again. My doc said my tapering is up to me. But after a year she brings it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good deal Crystal!

Well, no good that your still sick. This medicine is very strong, if you didn't have a huge habit before then you might be okay with 2mg. Just keep playing with it until you find what works for you. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang in there Crystal. Like the others have said, you might be fine with 2 mg a day. Sometimes less is more.
LOL, Romeo, I think it is a good idea to have a 'stash.' We are kind of isolated so people sometimes drive a couple hours to get here. Last week there was a blizzard, we had prepared, so the pts. had one day left when they came in a week later. I worry when people schedule to be seen on the day they will run out. Learned my lesson from watching the debacle with Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy. Not just Sub, but insulin, cardiac drugs, etc. I know we are supposed to be totally honest, but with attitudes the way they are from ERs, pharmacies ya gotta be prepared.