It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks setmefree for seeing my point. I just try to always remember that there are two side to every story and the truth, most of the time, falls some where in the middle. Even in my own life I will try to see where I am at fault first before I retaliate or come down at someone. I never, never intended to get anyone so upset. I honestly can't remember seeing someone get so worked up on this forum. I was just being honest. If someone is lying, I will tell them "you are lying" and I hope everyone else would do the same for me. That is how I got sober, by people confronting me on my bs and making me be accountable for my actions. I will never say sorry for telling the truth, even if some feelings get hurt. Maybe that does make me an asshole but this asshole sleeps good at night knowing I am not part of the problem. I am sorry however for highjacking this thread. And Reraise I am sorry for getting you so upset, honestly, I don't say that with any sarcasm. This is an area were we obviously disagree and let's just leave it at that. We both have lead different paths to get us where we are at today and because of that we are naturally going to see some things differently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm more a lurker than a poster. I get my questions answered
if I look long enough through old posts. I felt I had to post something
on this thread. That reraise is one angry and overly sensative guy.
This is exacly why I shy away from posting comments. I don't want
to get slammed if my opinion differs. Love the forum but that turns
me off. God bless everyone.
-Jenny-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sounds like you got cought trying to get one over on the system here I to got cought to but I now have my shit to gether .Dr 's and pharmicst are thrown in jail every day for not being resposible and checking on there patients . If your taking Subs you know you can't take opiets for pain there is no point and there is no Dr. in his right mind that would write a script for vics and know you were on Subs come on now. You sound just as I did when I got cought mad that they took your drugs away you asked for advise and got mad with the truthfull answers the best of luck to.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And when you go to the Dr. and they ask has your meds changed and you tell them no or don't tell them about your Subs use you are lying oreo lied thats that there is no way around that how can you defed that when its so totaly wrong oreo got cought. And reraise you are a very angery person. Take a deep breath

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

C'mon everyone. I don't think telling anyone that they are an "angry" or "overly sensitive" person serves any purpose whatsoever. Let's stop judging people and addressing WHO they are instead of WHAT they said.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The great thing about a forum is that we all dont have the same opinions as others.......that is what makes this forum different than the others.......Smoothy said it best...we all got here in our own way and what makes one angry or frustrated will not make others the same......I took exception to something yesterday and spoke up......apparently pissed some people off......ok....sorry for that.......angry for me is not on a message board for sure...I am happily in recovery and was a little moody yesterday...unfortunately Smoothy got the brunt of it.......sorry Smoothy.......anyway today is another day in recovery and I certainly don't want anyone to feel they can't post on here for fear I might jump out of thier screen and grab them by the throat..........and no ....I have had no recent episodes of lying or deceitfullness that I am overcoming....just hit a trigger and I reacted........I am a drug addict for crying out loud.......but I am responsible for my actions..so for those that I offended I am sorry and I wish you success in your recovery.........well my cat is almost done cooking now so I have to eat........

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

my cat thats funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Reraise, I don't have any ill feelings regarding our little argument. The fact is I know we are both working towards the same goal. We are both trying to lead a sober and happy life and hopefully helping others achieve the same goal. Having the same goal doesn't mean we are going to have the same approach and that is ok. I think we both want what's best for every newcomer to this forum but like I said in an earlier post, we have had different experiences leading up to this point so we are going to see some things differently. I've always enjoyed your comments and respect the hell out of you for coming forward and saying sorry. Truth is I know I could have worded my comments with more compassion and I definately think I antagonized you some. Again, no hard feelings.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, I am addicted to Hydrocodone and I decided to try Suboxone. I have been getting my monthly scripts from my pain management doctor for hydrocodone and my monthly prescriptions from a new doctor for Suboxone. I had been doing this for a bout a 6 months. Today, I went to the clinic for my monthly Suboxone script and the doctor told me that I am out of the program because the database shows I have been getting the scripts for the hydrocodones from another doctor. So, here is my question. Can I expect the doctor who was giving me the Suboxone to call the other doctor who was giving me the hydrcodone and let him know what I was doing? I am taking the hydros for chronic back pain. I have had 3 surgeries with no pain relief. so, I am worried that my doctor that prescribes my hydros will find out and stop my scripts. I really want to stop the hydros, but I need them for pain. I am going to have another surgery next month and I am hoping this one will stop my pain. then the plan is to find another clinic for the subs and be done with the hydros.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 pm 

This probably isn't the best thread to post on because it's 3 years old. It is possible that your sub doctor could call your other doctor, but it's also quite possible he won't. I think that doctors are mostly concerned that they don't get nabbed by the DEA for not performing due diligence. Plus, I think that most doctors are busy enough that they don't have time to run down other doctor's of their patients. I think you're probably OK. I hope this next surgery works for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Old topic but can pass on new information. All doctors that prescribe any opiate are now to take a voluntary update on prescribing. Probably will become mandatory in the next couple of years. Anyway, we are being told that we should be checking the PMP (the database that lists all controlled substances prescribed in the last year) at each visit when we renew or write a new script. Your doctor won't need to contact the other one, eventually someone in the office will check or a pharmacy will notify them that there are two prescribers involved. Certainly, when you go to the hospital, the anesthesia department will run a check and probably the pharmacy. PAX