It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys,

I am about 2.5 months off sub and I still feel like I am not 100%; I would say most days I am at 90%, but I still get that subtle uncomfortable, raw feeling every now and then. It is not anything major, but if anyone who has been off for longer can tell me how long it took for them to really feel 100% I would appreciate it. I also am still having GI issues. Not diarrhea, but I need to use the bathroom several times a day and wake up with a stomach ache every morning. I also feel a lack of energy and irritability. BUT, all these symptoms are a huge improvement over the side effects I was experiencing from suboxone.

Please, if anyone can give me honest information about the progression of their improvement and if they eventually reached 100%, I would really appreciate it.

besides all of that, life is so much better now...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello there and congratulations on 2.5 months!

I was on sub for a little less than 2 years and then jumped from 4 mg. after a month all my physical withdrawals completely subsided. The bad ones left after 2 weeks.

Ive been clean since february 22nd and i feel pretty good. Still not completely there yet though.

I cant sit still most of the time i need to be up and moving around and doing things. But then when im doing so many things ill get anxiety fairly easily so its tough for me to find that balance and im still trying to find it.

Im 23 and i have a part time job and i go to school part time.

The first 100 days clean i attended meetings and once i stopped going to those i got an individual addiction therapist who helps a lot.

Well keep up the good work and stay motivated! It takes a different frame of time for different people to feel 100 percent but it does get a little better every month that you are free from the chains!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Post edited by moderator because of Troll like behavior...

Please DO NOT change your username and join again. Three times today is enough...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi livin-

Here's my thread after stopping suboxone:

months-after-years-sub-t7498.html

I started posting at exactly 2.5 months off suboxone, exactly where you are. I remember feeling EXACTLY the way you feel, to the dot. It eventually gets better but if you want an honest opinion, you can read my thread. The irritability and tummy problems will go away in the next couple months but the lack of energy hung on for a while longer. Hang in there. Like you said, it's tolerable, just really annoying at times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks for the encouragement guys! some days are great, other days I get that weird, very subtle, uncomfortable in my skin feeling. It like a restless, raw feeling; a hole in my brain that craves an opiate to fill it up. But thanks to naltraxone I can move past those days when I crave opiates, moments in the past when I would become obsessed with doing it "just this once" to take away the feeling "just for today," but which would in reality lead me right back to full dependence. This subtle uncomfortable feeling that hits a few days a week is nothing compared with the sickness I have experience over the last 6 years of use. I have been working so hard to maintain my sobriety this time, putting in effort everyday to address my addictive behavior. This is what has made me able to succeed so far this time. Last time I quite and didnt do anything afterwards to address the issues that got me to that point. I hope you all find a solution to this misery as I have. It does exist!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Living,

I hear ya on the "just this once" and "just for today" crap. I can't count how many times I've said that to myself.

It sounds like you are in a very good place with your recovery! Keep up the good work!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey l i v i n,

That's interesting that you mention that hole that only opiates can fill. I remember discussing something like that on the forum once and I think it was TJ who called it the God shaped hole.

Congratulations on 2.5 months clean!! That's great to hear. It's also super to hear that you're working hard on your recovery, stay after it, man!

As far as your question of ever feeling 100% again, yes you will get to 100% again. Remember though, you can't use your time on opiates (the energy, the high) to guage what 100% was. At times in my recovery, I wondered why I didn't have that boundless energy that I once had, but truth is opiates were my "energy source" for a long time.

Also, and I was just talking to someone the other day about this, that 100% feeling or landmark is kind of a strange one. Several times during my recovery I figured I was at about 100% only to find out after another month or two had passed that I was feeling even better, so what I thought was 100% couldn't have been.

I can't give you an exact date of when your 100% will come, but I can tell you if you keep working your recovery, keep learning how to adapt to a life without drugs, your 100% will come.

Have you considered any kind of exercise routine? My final 100% hit when I started exercising.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks Romeo I appreciate the hope you provided. I agree that exercise is huge. I felt so good when I went to the gym everyday in rehab earlier this summer. When I got home I stopped going and I definitely feel the negative effects. I feel like an idiot because I know exercise, healthy diet and going to bed early always make me feel much much better, but my old addict way of thinking makes me want the easy way out. I start to do these healthy things, feel great and then stop doing them! This is a perfect example of how I must work on changing myself daily to get to and stay in a healthy place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am pretty sure I finally reached 100%. For the last 10 days I have felt consistently good with no PAWS at all. I got off subs in June but had a few slips since. Nothing major, but my last use was about a month ago. I did some percs, felt like shit for 3 days after and decided I needed the vivitrol shot to help me stay clean so I could work on myself without worrying about cravings. Since the shot, I have had zero cravings for the first time in 6 years. I do sometimes crave other drugs, like xanax and weed, but no opiates. I am physically back to normal but still have some work to do mentally. I am making progress though. So for all those who are nervous about not feeling normal ever again, it's total bullshit, you will get there.