It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Will DCF be involved?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Just looking for some advice. I have had an addiction with percocet for many years. I stopped using while pregnant, and have had the baby since then. I had surgery a week after I had her and have been using again. I have an appt with a suboxone provider but am scared he will call DCF. Anyone have knowledge on this? I have a 6 year old and a 3 month old. They are well taken care of.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hey girl i saw your post and joined forum just to reply. listen i am 34 and have 4 girls. i quit lortabs cold turkey when i got preg with my 8yr old. i was prescribed by dr and cold turkeyed it. horrific expierence so i was clean until 4 yrs ago when i got carpal tunnel and was prescribed tabs agian. i knew addiction was starting a month later and was told about suboxone. i had a closed dcf case but had someone come out the week before. when i was going to be inducted i broke down to the dr and was so scared dcf would find out like you are. they told me that dcf is in support if suboxone treatment and to the contrary if they know it shows that you took measures on your own to avoid addiction and take care of you and family. i have been on suboxone for over 3 1/2yrs. you dont get a buzz you are clean clearheaded and fine. just stay on the treatment follow all directives and if u can go to a phyciatrist for it. they know addiction the meds and can take care of any depression etc and can taper down correctly unlike md's. good luck and god bless. also zubsolv is an option my insurance only covers it now been on last 4 months prefer it look at both $

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank u hun I feel a lot better. I actually called the doc to get some input and they said they do not notify dcf

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

At our hospital the SW is mandated to call BCS if a urine (yours or babies) or mec comes back positive. We test for everything and will know if you were given pain meds in labor.
If you are honest and say you are on a program they usually don't open a case. But, if we find benzios and methadone and you tell us you were only taking suboxone you can see where we would have an issue and so will BCS. Don't lie, we only want what is best for your baby, we don't want any child to suffer withdrawl.
I deal with a fairly large number of women in various stages of addiction/sobrity @ 10-12/ month and the norm IS NOT for BCS to take the child, normally they want to see you are taking action, staying on your program and being a good Mom. It helps to have a good support system for when you need some help (every new Mom needs help).
Where I live BCS will visit with you, many times in the hospital, may want to know about your living situation, and they WANT you to succeed, they have many resources to help you. Don't fear them, use them to help you on your path to sobrity.
Also , ask the SW at the hospital for any and all resources they may have for you. Believe me, we also, SW's and nurses want you to succeed for the health and welfare of your baby and you too.