It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I see my dr once every month to pick up my 16mg/day script and i take my extremely accurate UA for very strict insurance reasons. My initial visit included about 10 forms and i was told that they test for everything under the sun and the only drug authorized is Marijuana. The office seems by the book and its only my 2nd program ive been in, the first being a sub clinic and currently a regular drs office that treates addiction. I had a problem with a precertification and i got screwed around by everyone for a week so im off schedule by 1 week. Saw my dr on friday and i cant pick up my script til this thursday which is in 2 days but i ran out of meds today because of that mixup i got shorted somehow. I dont want to go through withdrawls for a day especially with a bunch of percocets in front of me so im wondering if i have 3 weeks til my next test and i take maybe 6 perc 7.5's tomorrow will anything at all show up on my test? It goes out to a lab and they showed me my initial test and it was crazy accurate about all the shit in my system. This is a state of the art test that they are using and it runs about $250 and tests for around 20 to 30 meds. I would guess that even with a short half life it will still be present but id like some advice from some people that have been through a similar situation or a dr with the experience to steer me in the right direction. I know one day isnt bad but i have a party at work, a meeting to attend and open house at kids school after work so i cant feel like shit tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bleeke,

Here's what I advise: Don't even consider the Percs! First, the long halflife of buprenorphine will probably mean that you don't even experience any physical withdrawal. People usually don't experience withdrawal from bupe until day 3 or so. You will probably have some "mental" symptoms, urges or cravings. Just distract yourself or occupy your mind for 15 minutes and it will pass.

Keep us posted,
Morphing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I went cold turkey off 16mg, and it took DAYS for WD to even start with that much in my system. The perks would be totally blocked, so you would be risking your program for nothing.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Im extremely weak mentally. Obviously we all are or we wouldn't be in this situation. Mentally it hits me then i physically start to feel WD's right after the time i miss my morning dose that is just part of my morning ritual. I only have 24 hrs from now til i pick up my scriptbut it will be the longest 24 hrs cuz i cant get it off my mind.
Thanks for the response.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 am 

Maybe remove the perks from the equation. An addict who knows that they're going to be in a very tempting situation and is trying to stay in recovery, doesn't need to have perks anywhere near them imo. That would be way to easy to mess everything up that you've been trying to accomplish. Don't take the perks, get rid of them and you'll be so glad that u waited. I know that my office has a lab inside the clinic that we go to for our drug screen, and I've heard others fail their tests for metabolites. That's something that's in ur body that wouldn't be there unless u did that specific drug. So I'm assuming that if ur doctor does that, you'll be found out, it's not worth it. I'm sure I didn't explain that exactly right lol cause I don't know too much about it cause I've always come bk clean. Listen U can do this, just wait it out a little bit longer and you'll be so happy that u did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well, all of you gave me the same response and your all on the same page and your completely right. Thank you for the support, it means alot.