It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on subs for the past 2 months of pregnancy and I am down to .25 Mg a day sometimes even less than that. I know there's no for sure answer but do you all think baby boy will suffer any nas symptoms when he's born in 2 wks? Please no negative posts... I've been also wondering if I should start the script I have from Dr of percs a week or so before birth and only take 10Mg a day of those so I can have pain management in case c section or anything... No negative posts please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

my baby was due the other day, still waiting to have him! so i dont have direct experience yet lol.. ive been on subutex for the last 3 months of my pregnancy, my dr started me on 8mg/day which is what im suposed to take now, but i managed to get down to 2mg/day without feeling bad... but my dr told me that at 8mg i was the lowest dose he had for a pregnant patient, and that 1 in i think 7 or 8 babies w/d's, its like a 50% chance and out of that percentage only 40% would need medication to cope with it.. he highly doubts mine will have withdrawls at 8mg a day, plus ive heard stories on here of people on 16+ mg that didnt wd, but some still do, i guess it just depends on the baby... i know that sucks to hear lol cuz i hate not knowing what is going to happen! but i will def share my birth story, hopefully in the next couple days, so u know how it went with me, as for the percs...and c section, have they said anything that u may have a chance of csection? my dr basically gave me more subs for pain management after the baby, but thats for vaginal discomfort, he did say that if i had to have a csection the hospital has medicine to knock the subs off and still work.. i dont remember how he described it, do u know if the hospital ur delivering at is popular for dealing with these things? my dr is instructing me to just keep taking my subs, he just said that if i go into labor before i dose, just dont take that dose but bring my script to the hospital, but i told him i didnt want narcotic pain meds at the hospital so maybe that is why he told me to just use my subs for pain management.. i wish i could tell you more, but hopefully i will have some good newshere soon! good luck and congrats on ur pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for taking the time to reply and yes please post your birth story and let me know how everything goes. I haven't told my Dr that i'm still taking it, he knew I was but I haven't told him I still am... Not sure about the hospital or if i'm even going to say anything unless I see signs of nas. I just want what's best. I'm not supposed to have a c section but anything could happen. Good luck on your delivery and your baby. I Hope that he/she won't experience any nas either. Please keep me posted. :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had a baby girl last month. I was taking between 2-4 mg of subutex, and she is perfectly healthy! We are having a lot of issues with colic and gas...lots of crying. In the beginning I was worried that she was experiencing withdrawal, because she was so distressed...but here we are a month later and she is still doing the same things. So I am pretty sure its just colic. I have not heard from any other mothers that I know who have had babies experience any NAS. Being on such a low dose, I am sure your baby will be absolutely perfect! Dont worry and stress yourself out. And dont make yourself sick trying to lower your dose any more. It will only hurt you and the baby if you are experiencing any withdrawal. Your baby will be fine. Keep us posted! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you momma30, congrats on your healthy baby. I'm down to about .12 or so a day and i'm comfortable. I really don't think he's getting any of it being so low. I'll keep you updated, I'm getting induced in 11 days :) unless he decides to come sooner.

Post subject: helo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i can't tell you for sure if your baby will have nas symptoms but that dose is so low that i think your odds are pretty good! congrats on getting yourself down that low! but im just gonna give my honest opinion why would you take the percs? that isnt going to do anything for labor and while your taking suboxone i doubt you would even feel that ya know? i dont think there is a point in taking them not trying to sound mean but isnt that why your on suboxone? opiate addiction? can i ask why your doctor prescribed them to you while pregnant.? . there are more effective options like an epi i dont think a perc will do anything but please dont take this as me sounding mean just wanted to be honest and offer some insight. i did not mean it in a nasty way at all!

Post subject: helo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i can't tell you for sure if your baby will have nas symptoms but that dose is so low that i think your odds are pretty good! congrats on getting yourself down that low! but im just gonna give my honest opinion why would you take the percs? that isnt going to do anything for labor and while your taking suboxone i doubt you would even feel that ya know? i dont think there is a point in taking them not trying to sound mean but isnt that why your on suboxone? opiate addiction? can i ask why your doctor prescribed them to you while pregnant.? . there are more effective options like an epi i dont think a perc will do anything but please dont take this as me sounding mean just wanted to be honest and offer some insight. i did not mean it in a nasty way at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this is a little old but if anyone else reads this please please please tell your delivery docs and nurses that your on suboxone. They are there to HELP you and your baby. I had my first child on methadone. I was on a low dose but he still suffered and had to be given meds. At first I didn't tell the doctors. I was scared and ashamed. And my baby suffered more at first because I wasn't honest. I hated myself for a very long time for that. You need to let the docs know. If they see withdrawal signs they will really wonder why you didn't say anything. If I had been honest upfront I wouldn't have had to get a social worker. She had to come to my house to make sure it was a safe environment. I had to take a drug test before they would release my baby to me. Do you know how awful that is? It's scary, embarrassing, and I damn near relapsed from all the stress.

So please learn from me and always be upfront. I'm really not trying to preach to anyone. But hopefully help. If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me. And I hope your babies are all born very happy and healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My friend had a lovely baby boy while on subs and mixing other opiates. He is 100% healthy...how...idk...but he is. STILL

Is the life of your child worth that gamble? W/d under medical supervidsion. Who knows...maybe its a new begining for both of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i hope ur delivery went well!!!!! i really hope u come back and let us all know! mine went really good!!! thinking of you!<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know Im very late in joining the discussion and i hope and pray your baby came out ok! I would think due to the EXTREEMLY LOW DOSE you got yourself down to (btw, congrats on that, I know it couldnt hv been easy) that your baby had little to none in his/her system. Ive been told the plecenta absorbes more toxins than you think. I was on 16mgs a day for the last month and my baby was perfect. The nurses said she was the best baby there. Hope you had a wonderful experience and you and your baby are snuggled up on the couch together right now :)