It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm taking an extremely low dosage of Suboxone -- 1/8th of a strip a day. I also weigh about 150 pounds, and I'm average height.

Took it at 8 AM on Monday and Tuesday, then NONE on Wednesday but had urine collected in a cup that same morning morning, which was poured into two other bottles to be sent to a lab. What lab and what they're looking for, I do not know.

My question is..... will 1mg of Suboxone daily show up on TODAY'S pre-employment lab urinalyses?? Generic, I know.... but would someone be able to estimate whether or not 1mg / day would be able to pass, say, 50 ng / mL, 10 ng / mL, but *not* 0.5 ng / mL ?????

Just looking for a guesstimate here of how little Suboxone is needed in order to reach cutoff levels on lab urinalyses and show positive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If testing for buprenorphine specifically, it will show up; this is rare but becoming more common so it depends on the circumstance in which you are being tested, really, for anyone to make what is still a guess.

Considering that microgram dosages can be detected and the half life is longer than other opioids, certainly a milligram dosages could be detected a few hours after last dose (even if it is a full 24 hours.)

If you are prescribed Suboxone, you have nothing to worry about. If you're not prescribed Suboxone and the lab is doing quantitative testing and testing specifically for buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine, they can tell if you've used Suboxone and if you've used it daily for some time. If you're using it illicitly to treat your addiction, I'd encourage you to get it through legitimate channels if possible.

If you're really worried about it, you could certainly make phone calls and find out what is being tested for, specifically. Anything other than that is mere speculation.

Hope all works out for you.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Let's just say that they don't outright test for it "initially" and no common 5 or 10 panel drugs are found... what are the chances that they'd do a mass spec of ALL chemicals or whatever in the urine, thereby finding the small amount of bupe? Is this EVER done? Or would this be extremely expensive?

Like I said, the urine was poured into two same size bottles. Is this a guarantee for mass spec?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What you are referring to with he two bottles is called 'split specimen testing;' the second bottle is kept to test if a positive result is disputed not to test for other chemicals not initially tested for in the first bottle.

Sounds like a pre-employment or accident-on-the-job type testing? If so chances are no buprenorphine is going to be part of the test. If it is for a medical job, perhaps. A medical professional monitoring agency, absolutely. Treatment center, probably. Department of Transportation, I've heard yes and no.

Again, a lot of this is speculation.. On one hand, it is becoming a more common drug to test for but it's not to the point where it's on a standard panel test like methadone sometimes is and has to be specially added.

Just my own experience...Hope it helps.

(763)250.0702
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have come to the same conclusions as you as to who will be tested for it, except for two differences.

(1) Probation / parole / drug court officers are definitely getting hip to suboxone and because of this, I think it could find its way into more employment scenarios quicker.

(2) DOT jobs are regulated out in the open. The following two regulations on the DOT's own website clearly spells out that suboxone CANNOT be tested for, so either those reporting have been illegally tested, are taking WAY too much subox (which apparently will cross-reference with opiate tests), or they're lying.

DOT Rules 49 CFR Part 40

§ 40.85 What drugs do laboratories test for?
§ 40.87 What are the cutoff concentrations for drug tests?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right, probation I forgot and I used DOT as a blanket for some driving position people I've had contact with.

(763)250.0702

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well... just a follow up....

I PASSED!! Didn't get a chance to ask what type of test it was or what lab they sent it to, but I'm willing to bet it was only a 5 panel test. And this is a safety sensitive job site... so definitely convenient for me at the time being, at least. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi....i have a simular situation...i applied for a job at a dry cleaning company cleaning sheets floor rugs etc...and had a drug test today to finish up the process to be hired...i took a small piece of suboxone about 1 milligram about 15 hours before I took my drug test today at the doctors office...i paid $35 for this test and the employer is suppose to reimburse me after the test...after I provided my sample my employer calls them to check on the status and they tell her that my sample has been sent to a lab which is weird for my employer because usually they get the results back within a few minutes...they tell her it will be a day or so before they get the results...so my question is why do u think this would happen and are they going to find the suboxone in the urine?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm 

It is hard to say without knowing the typical processes at your workplace. I would have to guess that there were signs of buprenorphine in your urine since you took 1mg 15 hours prior to the test. If they are testing for buprenorphine specifically, they will probably question you about it.

Do you happen to have a prescription for the suboxone? Are you taking it regularly or do you just use it between other opioids? I would urge you to be in recovery with suboxone if you are not already. Having a prescription may show the employer that you are dedicated to being in recovery. Otherwise you are a risk to the company because they may not trust that you won't be looking for pharmaceuticals when they send you to a person's home. I'm not saying that you would, of course. Just that they might look at you as a risk.

I wish you the best in getting the job!

Amy

P.S. My inner 5 year old is chuckling that the member that started this thread is POOP and you are Peepee! Lol!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
My inner 5 year old is chuckling that the member that started this thread is POOP and you are Peepee! Lol!!

I'm glad I'm not alone on that one. Had me cracking up for the last 5 minutes straight. Like what are the odds? I love a little well placed humor to take the edge off a sometimes serious subject.

- OM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Peepee,

I agree with OpenMind, hopefully you are in recovery and have a legitimate prescription where it should hopefully not be an issue.

That said, if they sent it to a lab then they will likely but not necessarily find the Buprenorphine in the urine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 pm 

Bupatron wrote:
Peepee,

I agree with OpenMind, hopefully you are in recovery and have a legitimate prescription where it should hopefully not be an issue.

That said, if they sent it to a lab then they will likely but not necessarily find the Buprenorphine in the urine.

Actually, I'm the one that said that. :)

Amy