It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

if all was taken 4mg. at night then 8mg. the next morning which was friday night then saterday morning will it show up in a test that test for suboxone monday evening?? Please help im trying to help a good friend out that had a relapse and cant pee herself so someone who likes sub is doing her a favor but thats all he can take. I know i should'nt ask this but im affraid the doc. will throw her out and its a one time only deal on my part... I told her i would try to help her once and if it happens again i would'nt help her anymore. I now have been clean for 3 months and sub. saved my life, thats a huge aceivement in my life. Im not down with that old behavior thats why its a one time deal... Thanks to anyone who will give me a answer....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Lucky -

If I understand right - you are asking if you take 12 mg's fri/sat (from zero to 12mg's) - then Monday - will a specific test that tests for suboxone pop positive?

Nobody can guarantee that answer I believe. Here is the rule of thumb, based on clinical averages.

The average half life of suboxone - 37 hours.
Detection on tests typically disappear 5 half lives of a medication. Rule of thumb.

So, you will still be within 2 half lives of the medication on Monday - so I think for a suboxone specific test - it would pop positive. But.... every human body is different. If their clear out suboxone faster than 37 hours, then it's possible that 5 half lives could go by (doubtful).

I hope this helps. No guarantee's - and please be careful.
~lathe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have read this thread a little while back and have been waiting for an update since!!! I check almost every time that I am logged on here.... Well, consider this a 'jump start'. I just want to know what happened and how things are now. Thanks, good luck and I hope everything is well!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali