It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, well the title says it all. We have had 1 baby who is now 7 & had him when I was addicted to regular opiates. Since then we have had 3 1st trimester losses, 3rd one last night. I love kids and am so sad for my wife that I'm still crying as I write this. I as so worried that subs could be playing a part in our heartbreak. I searched online but didn't find anything relevant to my situation. Any info or help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello,

First of all, as someone who has suffered the pain of multiple miscarriages,I want to tell you how incredibly sorry I am for your losses. In times of crisis,and grief, as humans we often want answers or reasons why such things happen. It's difficult to make sense of such tragedy, and often there isn't any reason. Nothing I've ever read or heard about Suboxone would lead me to think that your use of the medication played any role in the loss of your wife's pregnancies, so please don't blame yourself. Being in recovery, whether with or without Suboxone is the best possible thing you could do for your family, as often during active addiction we're not there for our families the way we should be. I won't say that I know how you feel because everyone experiences grief and loss in their own way, but please don't feel that you've done anything to cause what's happened. please know that your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I wish I'd had an answer for you, but for losses like this, there often aren't any real answers. I'm sure others here will be along soon to express their sympathies, and give you some comfort. Take care.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Lizzie. Makes me feel a bunch better! My wife only has one ovary but the Dr. that removed the other one years ago due to cysts said that the one that is still there would work overtime & there would be no difference. We had the 7 year old after the sugery. I've seen 2 people in the same position as me online but thats it...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also wanted to add a warm welcome to the forum, only wishing your joining could've been under better circumstances dear. Please keep your head up and know that such a tragedy is not your fault for taking Suboxone. Buprenorphine is considered to be so safe that it's often given to pregnant women who are opiate dependent. again, I'm so sorry for your losses, you're in my thoughts, and do keep your heads up, you're not alone, we'll be here for you, so post as much as you'd like, sometimes just getting it all out helps a lot.