It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I need to return from New York city to Brazil because my family is there waiting.Unfortunately Suboxone is not prescribed there.I do not want to come off suboxone but I miss my wife and children immensly!

If I have to leave September 5th as is the plan I have to ask my doc to give me enough sub to ween me off.
Now after my recent relapse I realize I'm not ready to come off suboxone but it seems I might have to.

I am fully stable at 4mg's and my relapse was planned out.I just stopped taking it for 3 days and went to work on oxy's and morphine to get high.
In Brazil these drugs are not accessible or existent on the street.Only trauma and cancer patients can get morphine or dilaudid,or codeine.They do not have oxycodone in Brazil.

Having said that,the chance of relapse is basically nill because of availability.

If my doc can give me enough sub to safely ween off I think I'll be fine.

I have an appt. with him on Sept. 1rs and i'm leaving on the 5th.

Any ideas,suggestions?
Thank you all,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I brought 4 months worth of subutex with me thanks to my sub doc who gave me enough for this.I've been in Brazil since i last posted and all is well.Still taking it everyday but unable to cut down my dose.In fact I have increased it to 8-12 mg's per day.I was once down to 4 mg's in New york.
I have found out that I either have Lupus or rhumatoid arthritis.One last test to go to find out which.
to say the least I've been in a lot of pain and under stress for months leading to my increase in dose for Subutex.

I did this alone without my sub doc in NY kowing but I'm sure he wouldn't care if I needed more for pain.The only thing is my problem is normally not treated by painkillers as far as I know.My doctors here know I'm taking subutex but told me I would not be able to get it here and would have to get it in the New york if I choose to.So I've been on prednisone for a couple of weeks now as well.That really has been the difference maker.after I'm done with the prescription though I will start whatever treatment the doctors here seem fit for me.Wether it be for lupus or rumatism.

Anyhow just dropping in.thanks to anyone who read this.
:)

Post subject: 8
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:51 am 
nice tips thanks for these tips