It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Wierd thing under tongue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there -i'm new to the board and have a wierd symptom that i was wondering if anyone else had.

Just a really quick background: I'm a long-time patient of bupe. ive been on suboxone since Dec 2008 and switched to bupenorphine in January of 2010. I'm on about 4mg a day currently.

My question is I have noticed like a small flap underneath my tongue and it's kind of like a skin tag (i know,gross), but in my mouth.

Does anyone have any experience with this side effect and/or is it indeed a side effect or could it be something else? Is it cause for alarm? TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey MarbleTulip (bitchin' username!) and welcome. I've never heard of anything like you've described. I've heard of people going from the tablets to the strips/film and getting mouth sores - that seems rather common, but nothing that resembles a skin tag. If it were me, I'd have the doc look at it on my next appointment. Does it hurt or is it inflamed or anything? May as well have it checked out the next time you go in. Let us know what your doc says. Now I'm curious. Again, welcome to the forum. And if you haven't done so yet, spend some time reading some of the threads. I know you'll find it informative and supportive and I hope you decide to stick around. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i switched from tablets to the strips. the strips gave me horrid ulcer/canker sore type things and they do look sort of like skin tags. i reported the interaction to the here to help medical division and i'm gonna talk to my doc about it tomorrow. they have switched me to generic subutex hoping to alleviate the pain, but it hurts so bad i cry while i let my meds dissolve.... so i feel your pain. i've been on pain killers though for about two weeks now while i'm having a lot of dental work done so it's allowed my mouth to calm down significantly. the lady at the here to help med line said that she thinks my mouth may have never fully recovered from the adverse reaction to the strips.

anyway off topic, but i've been good on my pain meds...not taking more than rx'ed and ready to be done with the dental work and back on my bupes!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A short while ago, I posted a thread with a link to the FDA website where people should report these seemingly very common mouth sores to them. The FDA is the way to go to report such side effects.

Here's that thread: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4341

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

great discussion going here i appreciate you all.