It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't understand why someone would want to stop taking suboxone. I know the cost and the daily maintenance of the whole thing is nerve racking. I started taking suboxone 3 years ago and what I went through to continue my opiate addiction I think I can go through some of the cons of suboxone use. This drug has saved my life and I feel great when I am taking it and I feel horrible when I'm not. I know this is the same addict behavior just with a different drug but since the doctors say its okay to go this route then I guess its okay or is it.

I feel like I'm hooked to the suboxone more sometimes then I ever was to the opiates. I went through w/d with both and the way I feel when I am detoxing from suboxone is so much worse to me then oxy detox ever was. I was taking 180/mg or more of oxy daily for more than a year. I know they say subs are habit forming but I know for a fact that I am as addicted to subs as I ever was to the oxy. Sometimes now I feel that I don't know whats best stay on or get off.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its so easy to stay on it I was petrified thinking about not having the subs....I was on methadone for a year and hated it then on subs almost 3yrs....For me I just got to the point where I just didn't want to have to b controlled by a medication plus I was tired of the drive every 2 wks worrying if I would have the $ 4 my visit the $ to get there and then the $ to fill the script plus my sub dr really pissed me off.
I litereally had a stock pile of subs I had put up that I didn't take cuz when the dr was weaning me I was weaning myself even more I didn't take half of what he prescribed me so I just hung onto it and I made the decision I wasn't going back so I doled out what I had and weaned down to literally the smallest piece u can cut from a 2mg sub film and when the last little bit was gone I was done yep I was sick but not anything close to when I was on oxys or the methadone.

Not only that but it seemed like for me the longer I was on the subs the more sick I got my stomach was nauseated all the time I would puke every morning I was always nodding off when I would sit down I think it was my body saying its time to b done....It was scary but u have to be ready to take that step and if ur not I totally understand!!!!