It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Why? Why?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, It's Queenie,

I just wrote a mile long post and it's gone so I will try again.

I am still on my Subs 8mg. in the a.m and 8 in the p.m. Problem is, now I'm in trouble with Ambien.

I looked back & I posted about it 2 years ago. My doctor gives it and I take it. So, i have been on it 2 years. I take extra because I wake up in the middle of the night. I don't tell my dr. that I get sick when I run out because I don't want him to stop giving it to me. (This is not my sub dr. It's my general dr.)

2 months ago I got so sick with nausea I ended up in the ER. I ran out of Ambien yesterday & guess where I will be tomorrow? I have tried OTC things. I tried Trazadone, Remeron, Melatonin. You name it. Nothing puts me to sleep.

I don't dare tell my daughter. I mean, come on, I'm 70 years old, double amputee, on subs...

I think you know what I mean. Any suggestions? I hope you are all doing well.

My love to you, Queenie

Post subject: no answer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

sorry i have no suggestions Queenie but i did want you to know that i feel like i am kinda in the same boat. i have not been taking them long but i am already out and need more its a new trial for me through my sub doc to help with anxiety issues that have become overwhelming the last few months. its that atavin generic lorazapam. anyways i just wanted to wish u the best and i understand sometimes like i feel i know how much my body or mind needs at that one time which may be different the next day. i ran out today until friday then i go see my sub doc feb. 1 and i am thinking why why why

i love ur posts and look for ur name often

sorry u are struggling

wishing u peace

Post subject: hi friend
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know how you feel. I'm here if you want to talk. I have been a member here a while althoughI don't post as much as I used to. I don't know your story but I will try to look you up. What symptoms do you get? I may just go to the er & get stuff for nausea & an IV for fluid. Love Queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Hi friend
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just read your posts and about your daughter. I have 2 daughters. I lost both my legs to illness which is why I got hooked on pain medication. I am 70. My daughters are 50 & 47. I have 2 wonderful grandsons & one is graduating from college in May.

Don't stop talking to your daughter. Tell her NOT to go down the wrong path. You have to stay strong. You have been through a lot but life can be good for you again. You can write to me. I will look for you. Be strong my friend & I promise I will be strong too.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie,
Good to hear from you! Other than the sleep issues are you feeling pretty good? It sounds like you transitioned back onto the Subs after your last surgery sucessfully. Can you just call your doctor and tell him you need a refill of the Ambien? Maybe he won't question the date, or if he does maybe you can just tell him that sometimes it takes more than 1. Don't assume he will cut you off. Hopefully he can help you out and save you an ER visit.
Are you keeping warm? I know how bitter cold it is there. The soda I had stored inmy garage froze.
Be well,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wonder if the 8mg that you are taking at night is causing you sleep issues? I don't know your whole story so this is just a question, not meant to be advice or anything like that. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Please be careful with the ambien though.

Post subject: Sleep Problems
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm 

Hi Queenie,

It's always nice to see you pop in here again. I had no idea that Ambien was addicting. The stories in the paper are usually about abusing them and something bad happening like with Tiger Woods. Even that story surprised me because I can't ever feel them working so why would someone abuse a drug they can't feel? In your case it's about sleep and feeling ill when you run out. What about Lunesta? Is that one addicting too? I would need to do some research to find out, but I know that some rehabs won't let their patients take either one. I am curious to know just how many you take at night to get to sleep. It can't be that many or you'd run out really early.

Have you thought about coming clean to your doctor? You have a bona fide sleep disorder that needs to be addressed. He may refer you to a sleep clinic or know of some other medication that might help other than benzos'.

Unless someone here has had the same experience with Ambien you may not find an answer to your problem. If you end up in the ER again you might as well ask for some Ambien. All they can say is no. I still think you should talk to your doctor and get this problem fixed once and for all.

Hugs,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You might be better off switching to Ambien CR.. "The extended-release form, Ambien CR, has a first layer that dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep, and a second layer that dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep." (c/p from drugs .com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi queenie darling ". i also haven't herd from you. you too are scaring me a little because i start on aderall very soon and herd it is like ambien. queenie your so/so/so strong and at the age of 70 with all the meds and pain you go through you could knock down tree's and thats the big red wood one's :lol i hope you remember me and i pray you feel much better soon and you got get your ambien because you at 70 need it now i think. i loved all your post they really touch my hart. johnboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ Did you mean that as a joke? Do you know what adderall is? It is nothing like ambien. I hope you research it before you start it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

what do you mean nothing like ambien. are you joking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

it could be nice for you to explain the big difference between them both before you start jumping on some one .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Johnboy,

Ambien and Adderal are pretty different. Ambien helps people sleep. Adderal is a stimulant medication but if a person with ADD or ADHD takes it, it will slow them down a bit. I know you have been having a hard time lately with your sleeping situation. Maybe your doctor thinks Adderal will even you out....Have you ever been diagnosed with ADHD? I really hope you and your doctor can figure out a solution.

Queenie,

Im so glad you posted. Us addicts have such a hard time managing our meds. Maybe you should let your doctor know whats happening. You are 70 years old with serious medical issues. If you are having sleep issues and feel you get withdrawal from the Ambien, they should help you. I admire you so much for keeping up the fight with all you have gone through. You are a STRONG woman Queenie. You can make it through this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 am 
I got some experience with ambien. I'm prescribed it to take nightly for 2 years at 10mg a night. I don't take it everynight. and yes it can be pretty habit forming. Some nights im knocked out. But it only lasts for like 3 or 4 hours. Then im up again. Ask for the CR version. it is so much better as far as releasing slower. It comes in 12.5 mg CR. I wish i could help ya out. I got like 200 10mg ambien tabs in one bottle. The VA just automatically refills it. and has been for awhile. I barely take it anymore though. It's a hit or a miss sometimes it works. and other nights i take one and it does nothing at all. Very strange drug. And tolerance builds quickly. My old roomate was taking 3 or 4 a night to sleep sometimes. Most i ever took was 2 10mg tabs.

Sadly its a controlled substance and can be hard to get filled early. In florida they say it can be up to 3 days early. Hm.. Oh and seroquel 25g works good as a alternative. I've tried lunesta first, remeron second, seroquel third, and finally worked myself up to ambien. Seroquel would put me out like a punch from tyson. Jeez i have NO clue how people take it throughout the day. God...

Good luck and take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Zolpidem Tartrate or Ambien, along with Lunesta are in a class of drug known as hypnotics. The same way Benzos are relative to each other, these are cousins.

I took for a couple of months to power down. I took at bedtime laying there then The next thing I would hear was EH Eh Eh Eh Eh, which was my alarm clock. Anyway I didn't have any issues when I discontunied. Until you can see the your doctor execderin pm is effective. My very first dr I got to RX me my first legal supply of hydrocodne which consisted of 12 to 14 lortab 10's a month.

Along the way he prescribed me meprobamate for muscle/lower back pain. I didn't feel drugged or get high and no discomfort when discontinued. This could be another option to ask your doctor about for whatever he decides.........

Johnboy adderall can be used for narcolepsy which is not being able to control when you fall asleep...in other words you can fall asleep at anytime with out warning. Not sure a doctor would order Adderall for sleep deprivation.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Basically soma is a prodrug form of meprobamate. Which means basically, the short version is a body metabolizes soma into meprobamate bypassing first pass metabolism. Instead of carisoprodol turning into meprobamate you increase efficiency by taking straight meprobamate.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks for the info- ghy's and thanks orange-d my doc did say somthing about it will help even me out. i needed the explaining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh" i had to stop the nuvigil to take the aderall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer i guess i sorta miss under std