It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Why the change
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't understand why my mood changed.
When I started suboxone last june(2013),with a doc I felt great,i was happy,ambitious and motivated.
I was still taking without a doc and was ok.(buying off street)
Recently found a doc.
Not that I am on it with a prescription(not running out &having to take opiates) with a doc I am miserable.
I don't understand y I felt great when I took it and now I don't.
I first thought I wasn't taking enough:
Since iwas buying it I would only take 1/3 sometime 2/3's to ration so I wouldn't run out.
But now that I am takking a full one a day im still depressed..
WHY DID IT IMPROVE My DEPRESSION 100% LAST YEAR AND NOT ITS NOT?

Post subject: Re: Why the change
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm 

Hey Sub4, I cant really fully answer this question.
If it is on the as the reason for this then id have to say
you were possibly getting the full agonst effect
from such small doses last year.
Now your treatment has you up in the higher levels
for opiate addiction.
I cant tell you to drop your dose, but maybe talk with
your Dr about the dose and how it is effecting now.
Before you were under the ceiling effect of Buprenorphine.
I say ,for me that is around 4mgs. Some say as high as 8mgs.
When you said you were taking pieces, how small?
Half a film,? A quarter?
Idk, depression is a tricky one. And im no Dr..lol..
Hopefully others will post up onvthis one..

Razor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hope so to! u r the first person to really give some insight on the depression questions I have.
like most docs my doc doesn't no that much about sub, I mean she thinks she does but doesn't.
I told her everything that I have mentioned here . I was taking 1/3 so maybe 2.5 mg that works out to be sometimes , 2/3s (5mg)up till a few weeks ago when I started taking 1. last year I was taking 1 to 1/2..
She has prescribed me 2 a day.
her answer to what I just said was to take 2 strips ,but I don't think that is the answer. im also doing this with my bf, so I have that support but he doesn't have the same issue as I do, he is fine with 1/2 and sometimes takes another half through out the day. thank u so much for posting.
Im still trying to learn what the ceiling affect is???? is that the highest that my body will "feel" the med, like if my ceiling was 4mg does that mean If I take 8mg nothing more happens.?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought that I was maybe taking it wrong, by just putting it on my tongue and letting it melt, now reading here people to say to rub it around ur whole how isthat possible if it disingrates so quickly?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:37 am 

Hi and welcome! Let me see if I can answer a few of your questions!

I need to clarify though, how much are you taking? You said 2 strips, but is that two 8mg strips or two 2mg strips? And before you had your own doctor you were taking 1/3 to 2/3s of a strip (8mg or 2mg)?? Knowing how much you're actually taking is important information.

Another important set of information is what kind of opiates were you on prior to taking suboxone. Can you describe what you were on, how much, and what duration you were using before you started on sub?

Also, are you on any other medications? SSRIs? Any kind of mood stabilizer? Were you on any prescriptions before you had this doctor? Have you always experienced depression? Have you ever been treated for it?

I know this must seem like a lot of questions, but the more information we have, the more we can tell you.

In general, many people find that suboxone helps with depression. But it doesn't help everyone with depression and it doesn't always help for the entire length of time you are on it. Depending on how addicted to opiates you were before you started suboxone, you may be discovering that your dose of suboxone is too high. Sub doctors do tend to over-prescribe.

How long have you been on your current dose? If the dose is too high you may be experiencing other side effects like nausea, headaches, sleepiness, dozing. With suboxone the phrase "less is more" is quite appropriate. If you are taking too much it can feel as yucky as if you're taking too little.

Back when you were getting sub off the street and taking the lower dose did you feel the depression lift a half hour after taking the sub? After an hour? Or did you just feel happy and serene all the time, 24/7? Did you feel your dose kick in when you were taking a steady amount, or did you just feel the same. No ups, no downs.

Once we know a few things about you and your history, we can help answer your questions SO much better.

:)
Amy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Amy, Thanks for your interest.
I am prescribed 2, 8mg strips my full bio is in the intro section.
I think it pretty much sums me up in a whole. To all ur ?s
In the introduction section title looking for a friend..
i should post so I was posting in other spots to.to get to no people and try to understand my dilemma!
I was taking 1 8mg this past week now I have been taking 1 ½ 8mg strip.
My doc knos I was self medicats with 1/3 or 2/3 of a 8mg strip before my appt.
she said 2 8mg strips,
One I felt that was too much
2, I no this frowned upon but I am doing this with the bf
There is no way we could afford him on the program as he doesn’t have ins, I pay out of pocket for my visits but my script is covered and only have to pay $3.theres no poss other way for us. It is what it is. Hes my other half.

Last year on the program I felt great and was taking about what I am taking now and on other antidepressants the doc called in that script for me so I have to pick it up
I have struggled with mild depression in the past but never in the past..
My symptoms are :insomnia, depression and occasional headaches,no apette, very fatigues but can not sleep

Back when I was taking the ½ I would feel better within an hour or 2 I wish it happened quicker like it does for others
I felt a little lift I would say..
I don’t understand tho everyone says that they should not be sick for 2-3 days after last dose, but I feel physically horrible right when I wake up take my dose and about 1-2 hours I am not physically feeling any symptoms,just the fatigue,emptiness no ambiton or energy.
Last time on program when taking the same amount I am now I was happy, ambitious..im really hoping that the mood stabilizer will help, but I have a strong feeling it wont help much,because I kno my body, and I kno that last time it helped I wasn’t this depressed.
There is no reason I should be miserable, I have a great life.

I really just want to be my again!!! Ive been reading that a lot of people have gone thru this and didn’t feel better until they were off of sub completely. That’s y I want to stabilize then try to taper, there was a time I thought that it was a miracle medication but now im thinking it has caused reversed effects for me some how.thanks for ur help.
My bio I posted in the intro section!
I tweeked it and added some stuff
My first post. nov 12 in the introduction section
IN SEARCH OF ADVICE, SUPPORT, ENCOURAGMENT ,OPINIONS,NEW FRIENDS
Im hoping to come to this forum and get some support and encouragement and meet some friends, SO I don’t have to tackle this beast alone !!!! I was in another forum that had given some great advice ,but im really looking for some support and some one to talk to as well!
Hello, I will be 25 on 11/16, I have an amazing boyfriend and 2 1/2 year old daughter. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with my daughter while my boyfriend is the works, so I am a stay at home mom.
I have used opiates since I was 18, so about 7 years. I have been dependent on opiates for about 2 ½ years .
I started using them socially, recreationally and partying with friends, after a bad break up with a boyfriend. It was the only was I could mask the pain that I was going through.
After about 4 years of that I got involved with the wrong crowd and starting using heroin which led to me shooting up for about 6 months. I realized I was pregnant with my daughter so I was able to stop cold turkey, I also don’t think that was I “dependant” to them yet. I became dependant after I had my daughter, I had a C-section and had gotten a script. And when that ran out kept getting more when ever I could .
Last march my habit had gotten out of control, 20+ hydro- 10-325’s a day. And I realized that something had to change I was introduced to suboxone and it help, until I could not get it ,so I used opiates when I couldn’t.
I started on my own program June 22,2013 I did great with not craving or having any w/d.s . She started me on 1/2 of an 8mg/2mg suboxone.. I suffer from GAD,PTSD and major depression and my doctors cures for that was suboxone. She said she was a conservative and didn’t believe in meds to fix people or their problems. So each time I came to see her she gave me a little more each time.
After 3 months I was prescribed to take 2 films a day and only took 1 to 1 1/2/ at the most a day. Which I didn’t realize at the time ,was way too much for what my habit was.,
I was discharged form the program in September of last year. My doc said that I needed inpatient for up to a year to help my mental issues and my addiction that I have. That wasn’t an option for me , at the time my daughter was 1 /12 , I have a family. She prescribed me ½ for 30 days to wean down
That didn’t help, since i was prescribed such a high dose and taking 1 /12 8mg/2mg suboxone films my body had gotten tolerant to opiate. So again I bought them when I could and messed around with opiates if i couldn’t.
This past summer after being horribly sick twice, I had realized that again I needed to make a change. I was up to a higher habit and needed to take more just so I wasn’t sick. It took about 10+ hydros so I wasn’t sick.
I had always thought in the beginning that if I had got sick I could eat 2 and feel fine, not the case.
So I was buying suboxone with the only intent to take the sub no opiates, I would take 1/3 a day sometime 2/3’s but I couldn’t take n e more or I would run out.. I did ok until setpemeber it just wasn’t enough, I still didn’t feel 100%.At the end of October I got the call that my suboxone connection was being weined off himself and could no longer give me any.
Thurs,11/7 was my first apt. with a new doc., she is a lot better, she like the other prescribed me way too much 2, 8mg/2mg strips. I have been taking ½ twice a day, and just now starting to feel better. I haven’t been able to get a stable dose since. And I think just like the opiate use , since I was taking more sub my tolerance went up from it.
i am not knocking suboxone in any way but a lot of docs don’t know how to prescribe them, my friend that was giving them to me was first prescribed 3,8mg films a day, For only a really bad opiate addiction!!!. I don’t think doctors realize how strong this drug really is, and that less is the key with this drug. Since opiate users are always used to more is better when using they don’t realize this. My intent was to start the program and stabilize at the right dose and start tapering immediately. But since my body has grown so tolerant to it I cant.
I have been on other forums where they try to tell me im not tolerant and that 1 8mg strip is way more than enough to stabilize but that isn’t the case when people are started on such a high dose of this medication. Both of the doctors told me that the sub will help with my depression. And this new doc said she would prescribe me something for my mental health issues only after I have been taking it and nothing seemed to get better.
I’m still very depressed and hoping that she will give me my antidepressant, she said that I couldn’t take my klonipin anymore bc they are a lot of dangers with it, which is understandable but I disagree. I believe that if u r abusing them then yes, but I have never abused my anxiety meds, I cant . I need them so they don’t get me “high”. People like us should deff be on an anti depressant and some sort of anxiety as needed med, even if its not a controlled substance like, xanax, klonopin, volume, ativian, My first doc had me on a very low dose of klonopin and I don’t know if I should ask my doc when I go back this week. I deff need something to make me feel better during the day and to sleep. SUboxone keeps me up all night. No matter what time I seem to take it ,it still keeps me up, I even tried waking up early ,taking it and going back to sleep so it was in my system earlier.
Sorry so long but thank u to everyone that stuck around to read! Any one that is currently taking suboxne and plans to possibly taper in the future , please comment with ur story. Any advice welcome!
Nice to meet all of u ,and look forward to getting no everyone who uses this forum frequently
Last year on the program I felt great and was taking about what I am taking now 1 8mg - 1 1/2 8mg strips and on other antidepressants the doc called in that script for me so I have to pick it up
I have struggled with mild depression in the past but ever EVER this bad!!
My symptoms are :insomnia, depression and occasional headaches,no apette, very fatigues but can not sleep
I was depressed lastwinter as well, I don't think it is a seasonal thing, just bc I was using both sub and opiate which ever I could get I would do so I wouldn't be sick.
the doc asked if I think it might be seasonal ,like not getting out of the house and not being outside at all(live in upstate ny) but I don't think so, I could be wrong I guess its possible

up until about september my symptoms got very bad.I would say (I started the program again nov 6
I felt a little lift I would say..