It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My frustration isn't that I'm impatient for it to 'kick in', it's that for me it's taking so long to dissolve that I'm not even sure I'm doing this right! >.<

I checked the website, it said average time was around 5-6.6 minutes or something- well I've had this strip under my tongue for at /least/ fifteen minutes, and when I checked it was still orange!

Before putting this (half of a) strip in, I put the first whole one under my tongue but didn't time it. Eventually I let myself swallow, figuring the rest of the orangey-tasting stuff I was swallowing was just residue and that I'd already absorbed what I was supposed to but maybe not.. Have been swallowing too much/soon? I didn't realize we weren't supposed to be swallowing at all until right after I put in the second strip. For the second round I've been keeping the tip of my tongue at the roof of my mouth instead of letting it rest like normal the way I have been- is that right, should I have been doing that all along?

It looked like the first was dissolved completely into the tongue, because now all remained were little tattoos of the small white "N8" prints (anyone else think that's kinda neat? :wink: ), but I definitely tasted medicinal-orange as I swallowed while it was still dissolving...

I dont know, what side of the film goes on the tongue, anyway? Does it make a difference? sigh.. Probably should've asked the doc, eh? Not due to see him again until Monday tho.. Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It doesn't make a difference what side you put down first. In fact it doesn't matter where in your mouth you dissolve it. I tried the films for a while, but I'm back on the tablets, and I remember they dissolved very fast. I honestly can't say why they wouldn't be dissolving quicker for you. I used to just put it under my tongue and put my tongue down (on top of it) and it dissolved in a matter of a couple of minutes. If you can manage to not swallow then you will get better absorption.

I know this doesn't answer all of your questions, but I hope it helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For me, I make sure it's stuck to the underside of my tongue and then press my tongue down to the bottom of my mouth and wait about 20-30 min. The more wet it gets, the faster it will dissolve and i am paranoid it will be less effective so I don't lift my tongue at all during this time. I usually wait a full 30 mins if i can. For some OCD reason I always stick the side with the N8 printing to my tongue. That's just me. A great point someone made on here once is that no matter how you do it, it's important to always do it the same way so you can be sure you get the same dose each time.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Water
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 am 

Your mouth needs to be wet for the films to dissolve. Sounds like you don't have any saliva and that's the problem. Don't worry about swallowing or anything for that matter. The film works wonderfully and it you take a drink of water and swish it around before inserting the film there shouldn't be any issue.

Some of us addicts :roll: are afraid the swallow it and will hold our saliva under our tongue forever. That doesn't work. Just be normal, the Sub takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour for you to feel it, if any at all. I barely feel it anymore.

Congrats on quitting!!

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I finally got the films after trying for 3 months! For me they are great. with the pills I would salivate a lot and then struggle unsuccessfully not to swallow. With the film it seems to dissolve instantly, and even though it tastes bitter I can hold it in my mouth without swallowing. I also feel like it is adhering to the membranes like it's supposed to. I don't feel any different effect wise, but I'm more confident I'm getting the proper dose instead of swallowing it or at other times waiting 30 min. For the pill to dissolve!

Post subject: I've got too much spit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It takes about 15 or 20 minutes for my 1 mg of film to dissolve all the way. I have a lot of spit (apparently) because I HAVE to swallow during that time. Otherwise, I'd be drowning or would have to spit it out or something. I've read of people spitting in a cup and then putting their collected spit back IN their mouth and swishing that around. That is just so nasty that I am NOT going that far, lol. When I've tried to NOT swallow, it gets to be a flood in my mouth and that eventually pushes the film out and I swallow the whole thing.

I do swallow some of that sweetish taste many times and I know I'm losing some of the medicine, but what else can I do? I put it under my tongue and put my tongue down on top like Hat described and at least that way it doesn't slip out. I used to think they dissolved very fast but when I lifted my tongue it was still there. And is it just me or do people love to talk to you guys when you have your Sub in your mouth!!!???? OMG, this pisses me off. I am going to make a sign and put it on a stick and hold that up. Something like "Ask me later. I'm dosing now."

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

*giggles* @ rule62.. Haha tell me about it, that's EXACTLY what I was doing when I read your post! :lol: Took that as my cue to swallow, though :wink:

Thanks everyone, for the advice! You guys are a really great group- signing up has already done me more good than i even thought to hope for! ^_^