It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

jastover- in response to your question: "Six Years? Have you tried backing off or trying to quit all together?"

Nope, I am on it for chronic pain management and my Dr. agrees completely also, my doc is sort of an ass about perscribing any pain meds to anyone for anything.

Post subject: Re: off subject
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

jsp4th wrote:
hey we got off subject......well you guys did I was just reading hoping there would be advice for why suboxone "goes bad". I've found that the cotton that goes in a pill bottle, or the moisture absorber in excedrin bottles is great to put in your Rx bottle to keep out moisture, I do now that it's summer. Just a thought

Hey that's a good idea right there! Cotton or dessicant pack. I'm gonna try it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:22 pm 
CC_Rider wrote:
jastover- in response to your question: "Six Years? Have you tried backing off or trying to quit all together?"

Nope, I am on it for chronic pain management and my Dr. agrees completely also, my doc is sort of an ass about perscribing any pain meds to anyone for anything.

Hey CC, that post from Jastover is 6 months old. I haven't seen him around in a while.

I can relate to having a doctor not prescribe pain meds. Early on, when I actually had significant pain, my doctor was SO tight with the meds! I would be in his office with MAJOR back/neck pain, and he would prescribe 12 5mg Hydrocodone! Gee, thanks Doc!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND EVEN IF ITS IN UR HEAD-ITS IN UR HEAD!!!THATS HOW U AS AN INDIVIDUAL FEEL. I WILL REPEAT THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN-NONE OF US ARE EVER CURED AND IF THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT CAN STOP OR HELP WITH CRAVINGS AND KEEP US FROM RELAPSING WITH LITTLE OR NO SIDE AFFECTS-WHO CARES HOW LONG U TAKE IT????? I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 5 YEARS AND I KNOW IF I HADNT BEEN, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING ELSE. I HAVE RHEMATOID ARTHRITIS AND CHRONIC PAIN FROM IT SO MANY TIMES I HAVE TRIED TO SELF MEDICATE, HEROIN, METHADONE, OXYS AND THE LAST WAS OPANA (FOR THOSE OF U THAT DONT KNOW-40MG OPANA CAN COMPARE TO SNORTING 3 OC 80'S AT ONCE) SORRY THAT WASNT EVEN THE POINT. MY POINT IS IF WE HAVE TO SACRIFICE JUST A SMALL AMOUNT OF MEDICATION COMPARED TO OUR WHOLE LIFE..WHO CARES!! WHAT IS THE HARM AND WHY DO WE CONTRIBUTE SO MUCH WORRY IN HOW LONG WE TAKE IT. HOW IN THE SAME SENTENCE CAN U SAY-SUBOXONE CHANGED MY LIFE AND JUDGE SOMEONE ELSE CUZ THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT TIME FRAME THAN U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so glad I ran across this topic. I haven't noticed anything being wrong with my suboxone but maybe I need to take a double check. What I am glad to hear are the people that have been on this medication for over 5 years. I have a doctor who prescribes longterm because he understands that this is a disease and a disease such as addiction can't be cured. I will have to admit that it does scare me to rely on this medicine and if something happened in my life and I wasn't able to afford it or if I had to switch doctors, well i would be worried. Thats why I find it important to use suboxone and also have some kind of relapse prevention plan also.I have used suboxone before and ran out ,didn't go back to my doc and relapsed. I was taking the drug but was a "dry drunk" I really wasnt recovering then. Months later and after spending alot of money and almost dieing I went back to my doctor and now Ive been on it for sometime but I also have a plan before relapse.

Post subject: Sub not the same?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This post is in regards to TIPSY75 and CC_RIDER -
I have been experiencing some side effects from Suboxone/Subutex as well. I have been on Sub for almost three years now and the first two and a half years were fantastic. However, in the past few months I have been experiencing some undesired side effects which are very similar to the ones that the first two individuals who posted on this thread have/had been experiencing. I was just curious if there was any conclusion to that matter - what was the verdict?

Post subject: debating
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Everyone, please stop judging other people. Some people use sub for detox some for long term and some might be on it indefinitely. Everyone is different. The goal, in my opinion, is to get off pills, heroin or whatever our drug of choice might have been. i want to be very careful not to say anything that might contribute to some ones relapse. We are all doing the best that we can fighting our addictions.
Jean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 pm 
First, to address the original issue of the Suboxone pills not being fresh when you get refills sometimes. I would make sure you are using a major 24-hour pharmacy like Walgreen's or CVS that frequently orders new stock so that the pills will be fresh. You also always have the right to request pills from a fresh, unopened bottle, although it may take a day or two for them to order them. The thing you have to do is open the prescription in front of the pharmacist when you recieve them and inspect the pills. A pain in the ass, I know, but they have to work with you in the major chain retail pharmacies.
Secondly, in response to the post talking about how Suboxone has been banned in other countries after being legalized for awhile there. The reason it was banned was probably due to the transitional and unstable nature of the government of that country rather than the drug itself. Think about it: if the United States government (including the DEA) has allowed methadone maintenance programs for the past 40 years, along with all the illegal diversion of the methadone to the streets, then they are not going to make Suboxone illegal. Suboxone does not have nearly the abuse potential of methadone. So long-term maintenance users of Suboxone have nothing to worry about.

MEDICAL treatment for a MEDICAL disease

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have also found in the past year I get a headache or queasy feeling, never thought to equate it to freshness. I shall have to consider this, as it is obvious to me when they are less than fresh.

Post subject: To address the OP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I haven't been on suboxone long enough to draw any conclusions regarding freshness/effectiveness.

But I can say, from extensive internet research and/or forum reading, that this seems to be a fairly present issue. I haven't heard a convincing explanation from any credible source yet. I will be sure to post in this thread if and when I do come across an explanation for this phenomenon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

jastover wrote:
Are you joking? That's not what this stuff is for man. All you have done is trade addictions. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I have only been on Suboxone for about Six months and I am almost done. I only take 1/2 an 8mg a day and I am taking Subs because I had a 240mg+ OC a day habit! You don't want to stop taking it. Its all in your head. You just need to be taking some kind of pill. I know people that took subs for a few years and they had a hard time stopping but then the DR told them to start taking vitamins and it helped them to back off. Just taking some type of pill is all they needed. Its all in your head. Trust me I know. I have a pretty decent medical background. I'm sure this message is going to get a bunch of people fired up but, those are the ones that don't ever want to stop taking the Suboxone and crap!

Well it's obvious that your a Doctor, Psychologist, and Mind Reader to be able to give me such advice without knowing a single iota about my personal situation. FYI I also have chronic pain and it's a better alternative than the opiates that I could have if I wished. My Sub doctor agrees completely and so do I. I have no intentions of coming off Suboxone any time soon. I was clinically addicted to begin with and the doses (Dr. administered) was just climbing and climbing, costing me more and more with little to no relief. I just decided that wasn't the way to go. Now I have learned to deal with a certain amount of pain and have more control over my life.

C.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

OxyPatrick wrote:
CC_Rider wrote:

Hey CC, that post from Jastover is 6 months old. I haven't seen him around in a while.

I can relate to having a doctor not prescribe pain meds. Early on, when I actually had significant pain, my doctor was SO tight with the meds! I would be in his office with MAJOR back/neck pain, and he would prescribe 12 5mg Hydrocodone! Gee, thanks Doc!

yeah I just seen that. I apologize for getting pissy but that hurt my feelings a little bit. I also didn't notice the date of the post. My bad.

I'll behave now. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jastover wrote:
Are you joking? Thats not what this stuff is for man. All you have done is trade addictions. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I have only been on Suboxone for about Six months and I am almost done. I only take 1/2 an 8mg a day and I am taking Subs because I had a 240mg+ OC a day habit! You dont want to stop taking it. Its all in your head. You just need to be taking some kind of pill. I know people that took subs for a few years and they had a hard time stopping but then the DR told them to start taking vitamins and it helped them to back off. Just taking some type of pill is all they needed. Its all in your head. Trust me I know. I have a pretty decent medical background. Im sure this message is going to get a bunch of people fired up but, those are the ones that dont ever want to stop taking the Suboxone and crap!

Hey man you got to realize all sub paitents are different. some could get off them in 15 days others can be on them for life. But you shouldnt judge someone like that cause at the end of the day you are not their dr and you have no idea of what their habbit was im sure their are many people on this site that took more oc than that includeing myself some days. but u got ot realize saying the stuff you did is not cool this site is hear to help not make people feel bad about their treatment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy42287 wrote:
jastover wrote:
Are you joking? Thats not what this stuff is for man. All you have done is trade addictions. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I have only been on Suboxone for about Six months and I am almost done. I only take 1/2 an 8mg a day and I am taking Subs because I had a 240mg+ OC a day habit! You dont want to stop taking it. Its all in your head. You just need to be taking some kind of pill. I know people that took subs for a few years and they had a hard time stopping but then the DR told them to start taking vitamins and it helped them to back off. Just taking some type of pill is all they needed. Its all in your head. Trust me I know. I have a pretty decent medical background. Im sure this message is going to get a bunch of people fired up but, those are the ones that dont ever want to stop taking the Suboxone and crap!

Hey man you got to realize all sub paitents are different. some could get off them in 15 days others can be on them for life. But you shouldnt judge someone like that cause at the end of the day you are not their dr and you have no idea of what their habbit was im sure their are many people on this site that took more oc than that includeing myself some days. but u got ot realize saying the stuff you did is not cool this site is hear to help not make people feel bad about their treatment! Ive been on suboxone for 3 years and one day i hope i will not need it at all but right now my sub dr and head dr think its a bad idea for me to stop suboxone. Due to im on it for pain man. not just addiction an it helps my pain alot an most of all when i was takeing oxys every day i lost my gurl,my true friends,my family,and school. once i got on sub i got my life backs meaning my gurl,my true friends,my family and most of all got back in school doing something with my life instead of chaseing the dragon eveyrday. so just realize somebody being on sub for 6 years is better then him being on oxy for 6 years were he could end up in jail or dead. but sub hes back to his normal self. sorry if this post is old but the things he said just really bothered me. who is anybody to tell somebody they r tradeing a drug for a drug or useing suboxone as a excuse. If you were a dr then sure you have some right to say what you said but you are not.

as of the thread topic. i have a lot of extra pill from 3 years on sub and every month i get 45 8mg subs. i have around 225 extra pill an basicly rotate the new ones on the bottom and the old ones on top basicly stacking new to old. and when i get my script i take 5 aside to take for the week. an have never notice a difference bewteen the 5 new ones compared to the ones ive stacked away. if anything the only difference ive notice is a slight taste difference!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I too have noticed my tablets being diff in taste from time to time... no doubt about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 pm 
I take subutex and i can tell you first hand that, when i first get the medication filled they work great. However, after about a week or so, they arent near as hard an do not produce near the same relief. When they are fresh, i can take my morning dose and sometimes i will dang near forget all about the evening dose. Its the craziest thing i've ever seen or heard of. I, as im sure others who have experienced this, would love for a fact based answer if that is possible. I mean, i keep the medication inside in the nice, cool temperature. They dont get moved around or anything. I know this, its definitely a big concern of mine when you spend so much money too have the medication not work to its fullest potential. Im in my 15th month now and i can definitely tell you if they are working properly. Anyways, i just wanted too kinda keep this topic alive because i have yet too find a solid answer. Have a great day everyone!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a comment on this thread because I have heard about this issue several times and I do think there is something to it. I am from Canada, as most of you know and Sub has only been here for 3 years, I believe, not longer than that anyway.
In Canada Sub is packaged in blister packages so it always remains very fresh. I think this is probably due to several complaints that Sub gets stale or does not work the same when it gets older. It is made and packaged by the same company, si it's very possible that this is the reason they have had Sub packaged differently here.

I know I posted this is the International section, but for those of you that did not see it, I just want to restate that Sub in Canada is white, has a lemon flavor, so it must be even made a little differently. It comes in blister packages of 7, and then the clister package is in a box. this is supposed to be one weeks worth. It somes in both 2mg and 8mg strengths, but there is NO subutex, or at least there wasn't when I first started on it.

Ginger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:arrow:[font=Verdana][size=12] I think there is a very simple answer here for anyone to eaisly grasp. My guess is that you are ending up with GENERICS, meaning you are not getting the brand name "Suboxone" pills, but instead most likely it's an inferior substitute with inconsistant all around, changes in texture, size, strength...and other ways they see fit to cut corners. We all know everything is about money, so there it is.

:arrow: Of coarse the brand name is more expensive, and a pharmacy is just a business like any other who wants to make a profit. So, what you want to ensure is the "brand name" of Suboxone every time for that "consistanty", not the generic substitue. The solution is rather easy. Have your Doctor write the letters 'DAW', which means "Dispense As Written", in the small box and the bottom of your persciption. That way the Pharmacy, by law, must give you the brand name. When they read that on a script then they must obey it. I was getting generics oftentimes in the beginning and could not figure out why every month the pills were 'in some way'... Different? Hope that helps. I'm not a doctor but I belive what I wrote above answers the original posters question. Feel free to comment.
[color=darkblue]
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:arrow: I think there is a very simple answer here for anyone to eaisly grasp. My guess is that you are ending up with GENERICS, meaning you are not getting the brand name "Suboxone" pills, but instead most likely it's an inferior substitute with inconsistant all around, changes in texture, size, strength...and other ways they see fit to cut corners. We all know everything is about money, so there it is.

:arrow: Of coarse the brand name is more expensive, and a pharmacy is just a business like any other who wants to make a profit. So, what you want to ensure is the "brand name" of Suboxone every time for that "consistanty", not the generic substitue. The solution is rather easy. Have your Doctor write the letters 'DAW', which means "Dispense As Written", in the small box and the bottom of your persciption. That way the Pharmacy, by law, must give you the brand name. When they read that on a script then they must obey it. I was getting generics oftentimes in the beginning and could not figure out why every month the pills were 'in some way'... Different? Hope that helps. I'm not a doctor but I belive what I wrote above answers the original posters question. Feel free to comment.

Martin

Note: Sorry if this is a double post, it was an accident and not my intent. I can't even find my other post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sub-human/martin,

When this post was written, there was no generic for suboxone. It only came out as a generic in recent weeks and even so, it's still not yet available to many pharmacies. That's why the original poster was so confused, all he could get was brand name suboxone.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.