It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: WHY SICK
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HEY everyone.
got a question for you. can anyone pls answer me ..
ive been on suboxone over 3 months already and ive been up and down with my dose from 2mg to now 12mg and im still feeling sick like withdrawl feelings by night time. i also dose twice a day and still sick... my doc lowered my dose and when that didnt work uped my dose finally to 12mg. was feeling fine for a couple of days but once again sick tonite like withdrawl feeling. i also get crazy anxiety that i never had.... pls help :( plssss. i started at 6mg.... my previous addiction was only vicodin but about 15-220 norcos a day........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

sorry that was 15-20 norcos a day lol

Post subject: REPLY FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

MES999 wrote:
sorry that was 15-20 norcos a day lol

Hi Mes999 and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your sub. I was also on the norcos about 20 a day as well but my sub worked out great and I feel great.

I take 12mgs. as well. That would seem to be a good middle logical dose for you. Do you suffer from cravings and wanting to take the norco's...or is it just withdrawal feelings. Could it be just getting all the hydrocodone out of you system and the habit of taking it...could some of it be psychological..?? ( I certainly don't mean that with any disrespect)...

Or..maybe you should try subutex without the naloxone in it...that makes some people sick. I take generic subutex and it does quite well for me. Maybe just give it a little more time even though it has been 3 mos...but he has been adjusting your dose during this time. I am no doctor so I don't really know just the things I have read on this forum.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get to feeling better and better and are you old self again soon. Please stay in touch with us.
Slipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In the past, I've felt mildly sick with withdrawal leading into my next dose. The doc reckons it's because I'm a rapid metaboliser of Sub. This issue is for the most part brought on by other medications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i am not on any other meds. i asked the sub doc if i could try subutex and he said no. i would never abuse it. im goin g to ask him again maybe it is the naxolone in it i thought that cause i keep getting sick at nite even if i do dose. sux and weird :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm unsure as to whether Subutex will help your cause. Any naloxone that is absorbed (which is very little) should be metabolised within an hour tops.

Just to clarify. Do you feel sick before your night time dose? Or when you're lying in bed? ie does having another dose relieve your symptoms?

Post subject: Spit out any saliva
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If he will not let you try to subutex just to see if maybe it's the naxolene try spitting out any excess saliva after it absorbs/dissolves. Some people say they get relief from this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There are days where I feel completely shitty and some days I feel fine regardless if i'm taking 8mg a day for days in a row or 4mg a day for days in a row. I feel WDs sometimes too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wait, now I'm confused. Are you on 12 mg a day and having w/d before it's time to dose again? If that's the case I would say that you should try upping your dose to perhaps 16 mg. It MIGHT be that. If it's not that, upping it won't hurt anything. And it might just do the trick. Everyone is unique and what works for one person might not work for the next.

OR, your last post says you're not taking a constant dose every day. That alone could be the problem. Suboxone has a long average half life of 37 hours. So if you take a low dose one day, it won't hit you right away. You need to take 12 mg EVERY DAY AT THE SAME TIMES EVERY DAY. Period. No deviation from that. THEN, after about a week of that, determine how you are feeling and see if THAT does the trick.

This is just my opinion, mind you, and I'm not a doctor, but I hope this helps. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

u know hatmaker u have a point there. maybe im not giving myself enough time to see if a dose is working for me cause i would take lets say 12 mg and im fine cause i just increased my dose even get a little speedy feeling but after 3 days i feel crapyyyp and try to either lower my dose or higher. maybe i need to stay at a dose for a full week no matter how i feel to see how i feel at the end of the week...... i hope i made sense.......do you think also thats y i am having these breathing problems and anxiety all the time as well? because i keep going up and down on dose????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Anxiety is often a symptom of withdrawal. And if you don't have a steady level and are having even some withdrawals, I guess that could be the culprit. But don't underestimate this how much this is upsetting you; therefore, it could at least be contributing if not CAUSING the anxiety. You feel like crap, it has you doubting whether the sub is going to work for you, and that scares you, right? It would scare the crap out of me. Take a breath, try to relax. It's still early in your treatment. You can get this worked out. And we'll do our best to assist you. Hang in there and try to take things one step at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
In the past, I've felt mildly sick with withdrawal leading into my next dose. The doc reckons it's because I'm a rapid metaboliser of Sub. This issue is for the most part brought on by other medications.

I agree. I turned out to metabolize the sub fast too when on twice daily dosing. I felt ill when it was time for my next dose. I am off the sub. since 3 days ago-feeling awful but needed to stop due to surgery approaching. What does the doctor say about once daily dosing at a higher dose? I would stick to the lowest dose that seems to work for you but right now you are still figuring that out. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

B.K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've found a happy medium for now.

For me, the problem was worse with once daily dosing. Twice daily reduced the problem a bit. I get the feeling that for me, higher doses don't increase the half-life as much as it should. If I dosed once a day, I'd wake up in the morning a bit sweaty with the kicks, and hate the thought of getting out of the shower into the cold. With twice daily, the issue isn't as noticeable. The other thing that really helped was figuring out which medications caused the problems, and changing them accordingly. It seemed anti-depressants (Cymbalta / Effexor / Pristiq) and Epilim / Depakote played a big role. But a lot of other medications can do it to lesser degrees.

For me, I can get by on a lower dose with twice daily dosing, ie 12mg. When I dose once daily, I need 16+mg to get 24 hour cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TJ - I thought about that, too, but the OP, I believe, is already on twice daily dosing. That's why I didn't mention it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey guys :) and gals :) FINALLLY I FOUND MY PERFECT DOSE :) 16MG 8M TWICE A DAY I FEEL GREAT .THKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OH BY THE WAY NOW TAKING 16MG ED. ITS GETTING QUITE EXPENSIVE. THE COUPON THAT GIVES YOU UP TO 45 OFF EACH MONTH EXPIRES IN MARCH... ARE THEY GONNA HAVE ANOTHER COUPON AVAILABLE AFTER THAT ONE EXPIRES... I HOPE SO??????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

anyone??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad you found the right dose! That's terrific - it's about damn time! I'm so glad for you that you're feeling better.

I have no idea if another coupon is coming out. Have you done any Google searching on it? I'd say if it's expiration date is forthcoming and they're going to release a new one, they'd be doing it pretty soon. It is possible, however, that since this coupon is already an extension of the first coupon, that they might not issue another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

pls help hatmaker,tearjerker,etc....PLS i thought 16 mg was my dose. but for a week i felt fine but now im having crazy panic attacks in the morning till i dose and am getting ringing in my ears thats driving me nuts, also feeling withdrawl again at nite...
im getting so fed up i just want to feel better.... would subutex change any way i feel for the better. im not nuts even though i feel my parents and my doc may think so now. ive never been this depressed in my life....... :'( PLS HELP!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

MES, Sorry to read you are feeling crappy again. I had a thought though....Are you taking your dose properly? You should be allowing the sub to dissolve completly for at least 15min (I wait 25). And don't drink or eat anything after taking it for at least 15 minutes. After this are you spiting out the leftovers? Just make sure you are getting all you can out of your dose. I would also stay at a constant dose so you know for sure what is happening. Subutex has made others feel better but if your doctor won't prescribe it you may have to call around and find one who will. Good luck.....hope this gets resolved for you soon!