It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm 
Not going into details...... but was on to something concerning a certain someone that may have resulted in harm to a business or crudentials perhaps. Details and info that us People might want to know.... The truth for us to form our own opinion on a very serious topic. But whatever, kinda lost some trust for someone

Guess we'll never know...

Post subject: IDK
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know, but I just clicked on a title for a post that I replied to yesterday, and it says there are no posts under that heading. Weird...especially weird to delete the posts but leave the title....

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't delete anything. I moved the topic about Dr Juing to the moderator forum.

Dr. Junig asked that we all respect his privacy and not speculate about his recovery (and whether he takes Suboxone or not) here on the forum. As he put it, unlike the rest of us, he is not anonymous here.

That's the only topic that I've moderated at all recently, so if something else is missing let me know and I'll see if I can help you find it.

When I moved the topic I left a "ghost" of the topic in the main forum so that everyone could see that it was moved, not deleted, because otherwise I get accused of censorship.

And as I always point out, please feel free to PM me with questions at any time as I am always happy to clear things up.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the thread. It's NONE of our business. Yes he is the doctor who originated this forum. But he deserves to have his privacy too. We choose whether or not we want ourselves to be known on here. He chooses not to have his recovery out on display to be speculated about. Completely understandable. I didnt really understand the point to that thread anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That you hatmaker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 am 
Many apologies for starting the thread, it did not occur to me till later that he is himself, we all hide behind avatars

Sorry dr jj

Sincerely

Homer ( if I put my real name, I'd be out of a job so I can't believe I didn't think of that , doh! :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am 
See, this is why im so disagreed with all the time. It's not a matter of privacy at all. This is his profession and he is the "subox doc" because he has that extra advantage in helping people because he was on suboxone, or so i thought. So, i guess hes just like every other dr. then that can prescribe suboxone. I thought he was a double threat in treating SUBOXONE addiction/treatment and the one man to go to because - A. he is a dr. B. he UNDERSTANDS suboxone on a personal level. But, we can now be unsure of that added benefit. It made me think anyway, why does he want so many people to stay on maintanence? Like someone said he is NOT on sluboxone. If he understands how itmakes some people feel years and years on suboxone ie suicidal thoughts and a sometimes meaninless existence (in my case) maybe he wouldnt feel so strongly on this lifelong "miricle"

I never try to start any problems. I just ask the questions that i think are really important. 4-5 differant members here said that dr J has told them each differant stories on what he was on and the time being on a substance . I didnt want to start trouble so all i said was, he is the only one that knows the truth. Don't you think he should be up front wtih us on this?? For real, i would want to know because it may alter the way i take his advice. Advice that could be life or death for me. Privacy?? This is his career and he certainly puts it out there like he understands the personal effects of opiods. So what is the big deal seriously? We are not talking about his marital status or if he likes to wear womens underwear for christ sake.... Just seeing if he is battling the same bupe fight we are when we try quitting. See if he truly understands all the pain and sufferining that comes along with it, i think we all would appreciate that honesty. I think many people coddle Dr.s and defend them too readily. I say good for him, i like him... great forum he made, but if im gonna take advice from this guy.... We all should know a little about him, ESPECIALLY if he is going through what we are going through. If he is on suboxone, this is not a job for him..... its a calling. AND CAN HELP MAN[Y MANY PEOPLE. Yes, i want to know the truth. is that a sin? I know many of you do too.... and we have heard too many differant stories all alledgidly said by Dr. J. Not makin that up .... differant members said they have been told by him or have read or seen his videos saying so and so....

And as far as people deleted that kind of posts and topics??? Why cover anything up involving recovery while being in recovery. I want to make sure I have a good understanding of my suboxone Dr and can trust him 100% Because he is the only one i have that can potentially save my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Teejay said:
Quote:
That you hatmaker?

[font=Comic Sans MS]Ummm, didn't diary just say it was her?[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic, this forum belongs to Dr. Junig. He was asked the question and he answered that he doesn't discuss it, period. It's not up to you to say if it's a matter of privacy or not.

If you go to his website, you will find links to published articles about his addiction story and then you can read it for yourself, rather than hear it second-hand from "other forum members."

And no, I don't take his advice based on whether or not he takes Suboxone. I consider his advice based on the fact that he is an MD and also has a PhD in neurochemistry, he was an anesthesiologist and then became a psychiatrist, he has experienced opiate addiction and he's treated hundreds of people for opiate addiction. He's familiar with both traditional recovery treatments and medication based treatment.

That said, I consider his opinions in light of my own experience and I make up my own mind about what is best for me, which is why I'm not still on Suboxone. And, he was the person who gave me the idea for the liquid taper that got me off Suboxone, and has helped a bunch of other people get off Suboxone. He was the one who encouraged the long, slow taper to very low doses as being an easier way to get off Suboxone with less withdrawal and less PAWS. So it's not like he just tells everyone to stay on Sub forever.

-Jack Kornfield

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]