It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Okay People I Have A Question I'm On Probationer....Well My P.o Told Me That I Had To Stop Going To My Sub Clinic....Well I Didn't Wanna Quit My Treatment Because I Don't Want To Relapse And Go Back To Oxy Cotton And Roxys So I Continued To Go I Figured That He Was Just Testing Me To See If I Could Just Up And Quit Or Not Because
I Know A Few People That Is On Parole And They Are Going To Clinics And It's Perfectly Fine...But As For Me... Its Not
I Got My Probation Violated Now I Have To Go To A Six Months Treatment Rehab!....And Quit Cold Turkey....
I'm From Kentucky...Which Is Bell County Area That I Am Talking About....I'm Not Sure What To Do But I Think It's A Lot Of
Bull Shit That I Have Been On Probation For A Year And Haven't Gotten Into Any Kind Of Trouble And All Because I Reach Out
For Help They Want To Punish Me For It....But Another Question Is I'm Putting In A Request To Move To Indiana, And I Was Wondering Do Any Of You Know What Their "Probation Laws" Are Like Up There....If Anyone Can I Got Until The 7th To
Try To Figure Out Something I Can Do...To Keep From Getting Took Away From My Two Daughter's For 6 Months
So Any One....Out There Please Try To Help Me...And Feel Me In With What Ever Information That You Know, Can Get
Either Or It Will Be Greatly Appreciated Thanks So Very Much!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry to hear this. It really depends on your area because some folks are ignorant to suboxone truths. And. A state like kentucky that has been hit hard with opiates lately....judges just get sick of it and say no to everthing...I'm from wv and the same thing happens all the time. But I had my doc write me a letter and had the disrict attorney come into my clinic to see the other side. Well. They came in to see anyways lol. But. It works. I'd try it if I were you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey,,, yea that sucks, and IM SERIOUSLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT

don't even GET ME STARTED on the court/probation/anything to do with --- SYSTEM of this country!!!!

anyways,
Movie maker gave you some good advice, you could definitely give that route a TRY,,, I mean, what's the worst
that could happen, right???

also,, I wanted to give you this
http://www.naabt.org/

I don't know IF this will help at all, but it's worth a shot, especially if you get the letter, or A LETTER of some kind,
there's all kinds of charts/graphs/scientific type information on the naabt site, on HOW
suboxone works on the brian, and BLOCKS and all that other stuff,,,
it's like TOUCHABLE pamphlets, stuff courts and probation officers LIKE to see,
I'd order that packet of FREE information and make copies and give to ANYONE AND EVERYONE that has ANYTHING
to do with your case......
And, like I said, you put copies in the envelope with the letter, or any letter you can get written on your behalf...

there's also an 800 number, it's worth a shot to call and SEE if they can talk some sense into ANYONE to do
with your case....

866-956-9204

hope this helps, HOPE you can get this figured out......

good luck

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I work in a VA Treatment court and lots of those don't allow those folks on probation for substance abuse problems to be on suboxone or methadone either. I think its just the ignorance of the people in the criminal justice system. They dont recognize that suboxone is a form of recovery and it keeps us addicts out of addiction. It's like they think it's a bad thing or something. Will you get a chance to speak in front of the judge and try to explain why you are asking to stay on it? If you do maybe you might have your doctor write a letter to them to help you try to educate them? I do think the judge has the final say though. I think the probation officer follows the judge's/court's guidelines. I wish i could give more specific info but thats about all I can say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:46 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am sorry that this is happening to you. You need to reasearch interstate compact if you want to move to another state while on probation. Its not that easy,,basiclly the new state has to accept taking over your probation, which does not happen that easily. Also you need to show them why you would be moving... if you dont have immediate family in the new state chances are not good of changing states.

As far as the suboxone goes, it depends on what the terms of your probation are.... probation officer basically holds your life in his/her hands. Probation is an alternative to jail so they can be real dicks about it.... again sorry your going thru this I wish you luck

Post subject: Sucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is total bull shit! Unfortunatly, you would probably listen to the PO and go to treatment. Seriously, try your ass off any take advantage of treatment and get clean! Then you won't need subs ever again. Is there a reason that you capitalize the first letter of ever single word you type?

Post subject: That's horrible
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I just don't see how someone can be violated for taking a prescribed drug issued by a doctor. If that is the only reason for violation, I would think you could turn around and open a case against them. There should be no reason for anyone (po, judge, etc.) to tell you that you have to stop taking a prescribed medication of ANY KIND ever! Unless it is a doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It varies from state to state. It's not just a set in stone thing. I was on probation and suboxone for a year. I just had to bring in my prescription papers.

So. Just so someone reading this doesn't think it's now impossible to be on probation and suboxone everywhere in the USA...... There's your answer.