It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I left this out sorry but I would be lying if I did not at least admit that I am saying my true believe is methadone is a much better route to choose if you are looking for pain management. BUT LET ME CLEAR THIS UP when I say pain management and switching to methadone, that is for severe pain ONLY not for mild to medium pain but for pain levels that are well above a 7 on a daily basis. Even with the risk involved with going back to full antagonist you could be at a even greater risk while on suboxone if you are in severe pain or even start a 2nd addiction to other meds like muscle relaxers and what not. But I think just having an opiate addiction your best bet is to try suboxone first and if that does not work than go to methadone. I REALLY WANTED TO CLEAR WHAT MY BELIVES ARE. As of long term opiate dependency treatment I believe that methadone might be a better option because of how much more knowledge we have on the mediation at this point down the road once suboxone is more advanced information wise sure but I can tell you from talking with people at the clinic, friends and my own personal experience with long term suboxone treatment was a living hell. And I could be wrong that the side effects I got were from something else but when I started Subs I was not on any other medications and never had any of the side effects while growing up or during active addiction.

But to clear things up to anyone who reads my post THEY ARE MY PERSONAL BELIEVES not actual scientific facts just what I have personally experienced with both medications.