It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jennjenn-
I wanted to write back and say you are correct. I started suboxone quite a few years ago so I tend to forget all the details but I remember that my initial appointment they prescribed me one pill (back before the strips). I went to Walmart, had it filled then went back to the doctor's office and took it in front of him. After that I forget the ramp up but it probably was a few days at a time and as I passed drug screens and followed instructions I went longer and longer before going back. By the end I was only going to the doctor's office once every 6 months (i think... maybe it was every 3 months). By that point it had been 3-4 years with all clean drug tests and they were very relaxed with me.

The thing that is very different in my experience (again it may vary) is that we don't get scripts at all at the methadone clinic. You get to the clinic in the morning, give them your number and then wait. When they call your number you go up and pay and they give you the days dose and you take it in front of them. On Saturdays you must bring a lock box and they give you Saturday's dose and Sunday's dose (since they are closed on Sunday). Last weekend was a bit crazy because it was a holiday weekend so I took Saturday's dose and then took home Sunday AND Monday's dose. I had never seen it so crowded, I got there at 6am and it took over an hour to be called.