It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Why Im here....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Courier New] [/font]
Oh god where do you start...i will say I always enjoyed going to dentist, having work done and getting vicos...then I fell down a full flight of stairs, herniated discs and am lucky to be walking. Did the MRI..went to ortho and put on 15mg oxy 4/day
Next visit up to 30 mgs. Switched dr. Got 30mg, 6/day and 2 30 er. Way in over my head. Never argued dose, ejoyed it sometimes but always over used and ran out. Went to a new dr...he HALFED me...yowsa. Tough month. Had to have spouse dole out...degrading...knew who I was now....here I am....I am done....I am sick of the ups. Downs. The being outside my life, never joining in....miss my kids life even tho they r right here....miss my husb...even tho hes right here!

These meds dont help anymore. Too much tolerance...i am afraid to go to bed if I wont have for next day. Want to go to dr now! Want to start monday!

I dont know how it works tho....i will make appt, but whats that for? Induction? Intro? What? Am i weaning pills til I know...i gotta. Cus im not going back to painguy for more.....thoughts?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello :wink:

yes, the grind, gets old. . . . fast.
took me ten years to get tired of it. but I finally did. You can do this, its not easy, but suboxone,makes it 'tolerable' or at least it did, for me.

First you need to find a doctor. heres some site you can search for one. I know hatmaker, knows a few more than I do, hopefully she'll add.
https://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioi ... octor.aspx
www.NAABT.org

there are a few different ways, on the sites to look for a doctor. the naabt site, has a doctor call you, and the suboxone dot om site, has you call them.

One thing you need to ask yourself is if you are looking for 'long term' maintenance, or short term therapy.
Im on suboxone for back pain (among other things) so Im def on the long term side. I cant ever 'normally' take another pain pill. I know that. So here I am.
But, some doctors only want to do short term therapy. Im lucky enough,that my doctor, leaves it up to the patient, and is acutally kind of 'pro-maintenance'
yes, your first appt will most likely be an induction. they will use a scale, called 'cows' to 'grade' your withdrawl symptoms. if you not in ENOUGH w/d , then you could get precipitated w/d from taking the suboxone, too soon.

Any other questions, just ask.

thats what we are here for.

[marq=right]***GOOD LUCK***[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi, sorry to hear you are going through this. Sounds like you are at that turning point where you want to make a clean break! Good for you!!!! As Amber said, you can do this - it won't be easy. But, if you want to be back to normal bad enough it is something you must do.

Please understand that this is only my story and how I got clean. It doesn't mean that this is what I am suggesting you do, it is only meant to show you what others in your position have done. In the end, you will have to decide what is right for you! I went to an in-patient hospital for 10 days to detox from Vicodin and get a handle on how I could treat my chronic pain. The hospital had a doctor working there who was kind enough to take me on as a patient when I was discharged and that doctor is my sub doctor. I am now clean for 8 + months and on maintenance with subutex daily. I feel great! Have my life back, etc. all of the things you say that you want.

You may need some help finding a good treatment facility in your area if you choose to go this route. I was already seeing a Psychologist, have more problems than just being a drug addict, and she helped me to find a good facility. If this is not something available to you, maybe you could just do an Internet search for facilities in your area. Afraid I don't have much advice in this regard.

Anyway, good for you for realizing something must change!!! I wish you the best of luck and ask to please keep us posted so we can offer more help if you need it.

Take care!