It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SO! I used to be on the tabs a couple years ago, and could NOT dose everyday (skip days) and be perfectly happy and fine with that. NOW! I am on the films. Ever since I have first started them they seem to not last nearly as long. I guess I just really want some other people opinions on something and not just everyone telling me that I am "making it up" or "imagining the withdrawal" or anything like that. THIS IS LEGIT! I HAVE DONE TEST AFTER TEST TO MAKE SURE THAT IT ISNT JUST MY IMAGINATION! But no matter what my dose is (I take 12mg every day!) I always start to feel like shit after about 27 hours. Not like full blown WD, but crappy. Then if I can make it longer than one day, I am sick. I can't sleep, creepy crawly skin, irritated, ect. Please explain this to me. If the half life is 36 hours!!?? I am really small for being a 22 year old male. 5'4" and about 118 pounds. I also have a metabolism that gets rid of drugs reallllyyyy fast. Would this matter? Please someone that has this problem has to exist other than me!! I am tired of feeling insane! lol.

MM1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone's half life ON AVERAGE (the MEAN half life) is 37 hours. That means it has a huge variance, from less than 24 hours to up to 72 hours (I know I don't have the range exactly right). Some people do experiences changes in their dosing when switching from tablets to the film (or vice versa), so you are definitely not alone in this.

It seems to me that you have a choice to make: Return to the tablets so you can go back to every other day dosing, or stick with the films and go to once daily dosing.

I'm sorry I can't give you any better advice than that. :(

Maybe others will come along with better ideas.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Movie Maker
I never used the pills but the film, and I'm on day 5 of my detox which I actually feel pretty good...surprising!! One question for you, are u dozing just once a day?? For me and the film I had to split my dose. I tried to dose once a day but like u said I would start to not feel good!! I started at 16mg, and finally doses down to .25mg twice a day and then jumped off. My doc was methadone and percs several a day!! I just joined this sight so I'm not an expert, but if ur not already splitting your doses once in am and once in pm....give it a try what my Dr said to do when I had same issue. I'm not sure also if I are going to try to taper or stay on subs...for me I did am 8 month taper...I've been am addict since 04 and just couldn't take being in my Hell anymore!! My Dr said I would know when to taper, I would forget my pm strip or o would try to cut back and felt like shit so I just took the dose I tapered cuz obiously not the right time. I do wish you luck on your journey and iknow ur not alone!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and like hat maker said maybe try dosing ever day not ever other....I was told by my Dr to split up my dose every day....the only time I personally heard of every other is when u het down to the nitty gritty of tapering at lower levels!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Every other day dosing is better known in other countries, as far as I'm aware. But it's certainly not unheard of, again, because of the long half life. It can be done depending on the dose a person is on. This is a perfect example of why multiple-day dosing (except for pain, fast metabolism, etc) is rarely necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks guys. It isn't that I dosed every other day...I would just sometimes FORGET about taking it actually...that blows my mind now lol. But I don't have a choice to get back on the tabs or subutex. My doctor won't, my insurance won't cover them anymore, and RB says that they are bad now all of a sudden lol. Idk. Thanks for your half life info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi moviemaker! having the same issue, but with subutex brands. my only conclusion is our systems and the makeup of the different formulas. one brand works for me, the others dont, so i have to be sure the correct brand is in stock. when i was taking suboxone, the pills worked better than the film as well. if i were you, i would get the tabs, i bet you will see a difference. keep posting, am very interested in the outcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Again. I really wish I could but every doctor around here ONLY does films. No questions asked. They just stopped the tabs and subutex because RB says so lol. Well...and they won't get those kick backs anymore if they do lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You might wanna check the exp date on your films, I always liked the films over the pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Umm. They are good to go man. But thanks for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have only taken the strips, and my Dr. has me take them twice a day. I always feel a little icky in the mornings before I take it too, so your definitely not imagining it if you are trying to take it every other day. I'm thinking for some people it might last that long, but everyone probably metabolizes it differently. You might try breaking it down and taking it once or even twice a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd urge you to stick with once daily dosing. You've already extinguished the bad habit of taking something when you feel like popping a pill. Don't go back to dosing twice a day. You could be apt to returning to that bad habit of just popping SOMETHING when things go bad for you. I'd advise you to stick with once daily dosing. But that's just my personal opinion.