It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Any idea why my doctor would test me for crystal meth? Hahahahahaha I've never even done it, and I'm positive he knows that. So of course it came up negative and I'm not bothered by this in the least as he is actually very liberal and I trust him a lot, and I was thinking maybe that's the point even, that it came a time for a piss test he was required to give me and chose to test me for the least likely thing to be in my system so that if there were an issue with me abusing drugs it'd be something that could just be dealt with internally without ruining my treatment. Or maybe it's cheaper, for him, for me, idk. It just is like the LAST thing I'd ever abuse, and I know the drug test typically includes a variety of things such as cocain, methadone, crystal meth, benzos, opiates etc. ive been tested for all those every other drug test I've ever had there, and I know he doesn't test for weed because he doesn't think weed is dangerous or a bad thing. So I saw my bill and was like huh? Lol so any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Urine drug testing has become one of the best profit generators in all of medicine: http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/a-new-suboxdoc-in-town/

I'm curious-- what did you or your insurance get charged, for the meth test? I test my patients with an $8 test that is as accurate as any other test, that shows positive or negative for bupe, amphetamine, THC, methadone, oxycodone, natural opioids (heroin and morphine), cocaine, PCP, and others.... but medicaid and insurers are paying big bucks for useless information. Your healthcare dollars at work...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I dont know but I think it's like ten dollars, but trust me he's not the money hungry type. I mean it's just weird I only get tested like once in a blue moon. Every 6 to 8 months maybe. And it couldn't possibly be due to suspicion of my behavior, I'm never like motor mouth talking or jittery or too "up" when I see him monthly, I schedule my appts in the morning because there's less people and things move faster, so I'm usually calmly tired and not possibly giving the wrong idea of being on an upper or anything.