It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maybe Im not looking in the right spots but I cant get into a dr for suboxone treatment to save my life. My physician actually does the treatment but cant get me in for a month. The only other place I know seems shadey. His appointments are 3 months out and all cash. What are you suppossed o do when your w/d, need help, and cant get in to see the doc? Not to mention not being able to afford it. Are there free clinics like methadone clinics? I live in the Indianapolis area and just want help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NAABT.org has a doctor-patient matching service, you should definitely check it out.

If you don't have insurance RB has a patient assistance program, info is on the Suboxone website. You can get your meds for free if you qualify.

Some states provide Suboxone treatment through medicaid for income-qualified people. Info would be available through whatever your state's version of dshs is.

Unfortunately, many sub docs are cash only - if you look around the forum you'll find other threads about that.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some people find sub doctors who take insurance by looking for psychiatrists and/or family doctors. (Mine is also my PCP and takes my insurance.) There is a post here under the "Links" section that talks about the patient assistance program by Reckitt-Benckiser. If you have no insurance you could check that out. Otherwise, like DOQ said, MANY doctors only take cash. Good luck finding a doc!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My best friend was in the same boat you are with all the same issues. mainly getting into see the doc in a month but you are in WD now. He called the dr an they told him go to the emergency room an hung up on him. YOu can try methadone but with methadone you have to dry to the cilnic evey day for your dose vs sub is a take home scipt. your best bet if you truely are at the point of no return go to the ER im not sure what they could do for but they will be able to help you in some way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's more common for sub doctors to take cash only than it is for them to take insurance from what I've seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:49 pm 
IMO it's the doctors that are legitimate who take insurance and have long waiting lists. I was first told I'd have to wait 3 weeks to get in with my doc, but I ended up calling back and they had a cancellation and I was able to get in about 5 days later.
It's probably best to wait to get in with an above board doctor, but you're right, what are you supposed to do in the meantime? I ended up using, but advising someone to use would be beyond irresponsible and potentially deadly. If you have cash you could go to a cash doc just until you can get in with someone better.
You mentionned your physician is a Sub doctor? Even if he can't induce you for another month, could you get in for a regular appointment and see if he can help you at all to get through until then?
I wish you the best of luck. I know people have had to have some fierce determination to get into treatment. In fact, there was a thread here just recently where the person not only had to wait a month, but had to drive something like an hour for three consecutive visits, and had no car. So yeah, it sucks. But it could save your life. So I hope you can work something out.

Post subject: Doctor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you are in Indy try Dr Bakul Patel. He takes certain insurance......if you don't have insurance he will work with you. He will put you on Subutex if you cannot afford suboxone. When I called he got me in next day. I no longer have him as my doc but if you can not find him PM me and I will try and find his number. He is on the Northside by St. Vincents. Good Luck.

Jim